UK visa spouse requirements - HELP

Old Jan 28th 2014, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK visa spouse requirements - HELP

I am having a bit of a panic attack as I see the spouse visa requirements have changed dramatically.

Now there is a 5 year route with strict financial requirements! I need a job before applying that will pay 18,600 min! Who is going to offer a job over a phone interview? I can't see myself getting a job in the UK from here.

I need to take my son and wife back to the UK this year. I have just been made redundant and we don't have much of a future here.

Now the 10 year route does not have a financial requirement but it says you need to apply from the UK!! But how?? It says you cannot apply from a visitor visa! How on earth does my wife enter the UK then?

We own property overseas but this doesn't appear to be taken into account.
We have good savings but no way near 62,500 pounds!

How do we apply for the 10 year route from overseas?

Maybe we can apply for a marriage visa and get married in the UK? (we have a marriage certificate from Uruguay!)

Regards
Old Jan 28th 2014, 5:43 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK visa spouse requirements - HELP

You are already married.

Even if you weren't - there is no path to permanent settlement in the UK from a tourist visa. Family applications must be made from abroad.

You need one of three scenarios to return home without a separation:

1. £62500 in savings
2. A job that is paying you the equivalent of £18600 in your present country, and an offer in the UK for a job paying £18600. This job must start within three months of your planned return.

That's it.

Unless.........you happen to be writing this from an EU nation.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
You are already married.

Even if you weren't - there is no path to permanent settlement in the UK from a tourist visa. Family applications must be made from abroad.

You need one of three scenarios to return home without a separation:

1. £62500 in savings
2. A job that is paying you the equivalent of £18600 in your present country, and an offer in the UK for a job paying £18600. This job must start within three months of your planned return.

That's it.

Unless.........you happen to be writing this from an EU nation.
That's what I was worried about. How does the 10 year route work? Can we not apply for this?

Does having a son with British citizenship make any difference to this? (with my current wife)
Old Jan 28th 2014, 5:51 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfista1
That's what I was worried about. How does the 10 year route work? Can we not apply for this?

Does having a son with British citizenship make any difference to this? (with my current wife)
There is no 10 year route.

Having a British child means the requirements stay at £18600. If the child were not British, the salary would have to be higher.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

so after knowing my wife for 13 years and having a 3.5 year old British son the government make it extremely hard for us to come back.

If I can't find a job in the UK remotely I will need to sell our apartment to show I have more than 62K savings for my wife to come to the UK! Great job UK Border control!

She may have to go on a tourist visa with me until I get a job, then she'll have to return on her own and apply for the visa to return to be with me.

Meanwhile London is full of immigrants sponging off the benefits.

so if you an honest hard working couple and want to return to UK but do not have savings or cannot find good work (more than min. pay! ) then you are not welcome.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Any prize from the bottom shelf
Old Jan 28th 2014, 9:15 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Why wouldn't you sell your apartment if you are immigrating to the UK?
Old Jan 28th 2014, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
Why wouldn't you sell your apartment if you are immigrating to the UK?
My thoughts too .....
Old Jan 28th 2014, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

so after knowing my wife for 13 years and having a 3.5 year old British son the government make it extremely hard for us to come back.

If I can't find a job in the UK remotely I will need to sell our apartment to show I have more than 62K savings for my wife to come to the UK! Great job UK Border control!

She may have to go on a tourist visa with me until I get a job, then she'll have to return on her own and apply for the visa to return to be with me.

so if you an honest hard working couple and want to return to UK but do not have savings or cannot find good work (more than min. pay! ) then you are not welcome.
You've just said you've lost your job and there is not much of a future wherever you currently are. So why would you not sell your overseas property in order to qualify for moving your non EU wife to the UK?

Also, in the big scheme of things is getting a job and being apart for 6 months so bad! Marriage is usually an awfully long time, so a few months apart won't kill you.

f
Old Jan 28th 2014, 11:32 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

My sympathy for the OP would be increased if he hadn't made the crack about immigrants on benefits. The last thing the UK needs is another brainless Daily Mail reader.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 12:05 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
My sympathy for the OP would be increased if he hadn't made the crack about immigrants on benefits. The last thing the UK needs is another brainless Daily Mail reader.
Somewhat ironically the financial requirements for spouses are designed to stop people from doing just that.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

We have strong family ties here in Uruguay and will not sell our property for the first few years until I know my wife is settled in the UK and does not want to return.

We'll rent it out so I see we'll get some credit for that.
about 430 pounds a month.

I feel like I am having to go through an immigration process for my own country just to live with my wife and give my son a better future.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 2:03 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

We have strong family ties here in Uruguay and will not sell our property for the first few years until I know my wife is settled in the UK and does not want to return.

I feel like I am having to go through an immigration process for my own country just to live with my wife and give my son a better future.
The cost of living is high in the UK. The rules, though brutal, are intended to minimise the risk that your wife will become reliant on public assistance. I suggest you come to the UK alone and find a job. On your own you can be flexible about where you look for and accept a job. Once you have a job, the visa for your wife will be fairly straightforward to arrange, and she will be able to follow you a few months later.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

You are (well you're not but you family are). You just have to decide whether that's worth it to you. Sounds like you value your apartment more than than the prospect of living in the UK.

You're in a better position than most in that you have an asset that would release the funds, lots of folks stuck o/s without that option.

I don't say it's right or fair, but in the end you have to find your man card, stop whining and decide which part of the equation is more important.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 10:53 am
WhiteRabbit

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The cost of living is high in the UK. The rules, though brutal, are intended to minimise the risk that your wife will become reliant on public assistance. I suggest you come to the UK alone and find a job. On your own you can be flexible about where you look for and accept a job. Once you have a job, the visa for your wife will be fairly straightforward to arrange, and she will be able to follow you a few months later.
I think we should clarify that non EU migrants to the UK have not had access to public funds for quite some time now. Since long before these rules were put in place, all non-EU spouses had their passport stamped "no access to public funds" when the visa was put in the passport.

The rules are intended to reduce the number of non-EU migrants to the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.