UK Spouse Visa Requirements

Old Feb 14th 2017, 11:13 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa Requirements

You don't need six months worth of documents as proof of address, just the latest ones. You'll need to pay the IHS before you can book an appointment.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

mkermali is an unknown quantity at this point

And having a bank statement and council tax statement will be enough for proof of address?
Old Feb 15th 2017, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

In section 6 of the FLRM form it asks about when and where did you first meet, how do you stay in touch etc? How much detail is needed, I've mentioned that we stay in touch by regular phone calls, WhatsApp, Skype and we meet every 2 weeks or so, is that enough? I've also mentioned that we first met in Birmingham September 2016 and our relationship began October 2016, is that ok?

In section 7 regarding the accommodation part, my partner and I plan to live with my parents. In my covering letter I've explained this and I've also provided a letter from my parents granting us permission to live with them. I'm also providing documentation to prove that they own the house along with their council tax statements and a utility bill, is there anything else that I'm missing?

Also in that section it asks about people living in the property, is there any proof I need to give for that?

There are some places throughout the form where there isn't enough space to give detail, would it be okay by writing on the form "see covering letter" where I would reference which section I'm talking about and give more detail.

We also plan to have the civil marriage done in April, in question 6.23 is asks what type of ceremony was your marriage or civil partnership? I'm not sure what to put down.

And as asked previously would my partner having her council tax and bank statement be enough for proving her address?

Also any idea how long it takes to get the marriage certificate after the ceremony?

Thank you
Old Feb 19th 2017, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Any ideas on the above anyone?
Old Feb 19th 2017, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Another question, am I allowed to type the answers on a computer or does it all need to be handwritten?
Old Feb 20th 2017, 7:35 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mkermali
And having a bank statement and council tax statement will be enough for proof of address?
I don't think the form even asks for proof of address, merely jointly addressed documents to prove the genuineness of your relationship.

In section 6 of the FLRM form it asks about when and where did you first meet, how do you stay in touch etc? How much detail is needed, I've mentioned that we stay in touch by regular phone calls, WhatsApp, Skype and we meet every 2 weeks or so, is that enough? I've also mentioned that we first met in Birmingham September 2016 and our relationship began October 2016, is that ok?
That's fine. If you have only known each other for a year then you'll only be able to produce a year's worth of evidence. In your covering letters I would each describe the development of your relationship supported by a dozen or so photos and a selection of electronic communication but don't go overboard.

In section 7 regarding the accommodation part, my partner and I plan to live with my parents. In my covering letter I've explained this and I've also provided a letter from my parents granting us permission to live with them. I'm also providing documentation to prove that they own the house along with their council tax statements and a utility bill, is there anything else that I'm missing?

Also in that section it asks about people living in the property, is there any proof I need to give for that?
Evidence that the property is large enough to accommodate all four of you as per the accommodation requirements.

There are some places throughout the form where there isn't enough space to give detail, would it be okay by writing on the form "see covering letter" where I would reference which section I'm talking about and give more detail.
Yes, providing you give an abbreviated answer in the relevant box first.

We also plan to have the civil marriage done in April, in question 6.23 is asks what type of ceremony was your marriage or civil partnership? I'm not sure what to put down.
Marriage. A civil partnership is only possible between same sex couples.

And as asked previously would my partner having her council tax and bank statement be enough for proving her address?
If if can find that in the requirements please show me.

Also any idea how long it takes to get the marriage certificate after the ceremony?

Thank you
You'll be given a copy after the ceremony.

Any ideas on the above anyone?
Another question, am I allowed to type the answers on a computer or does it all need to be handwritten?
The PDF form doesn't allow you to complete it electronically so you'll need to do it in pen.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

BritInParis, thank you so much for your reply.

So just putting Marriage Ceremony under the question, what type of ceremony was your marriage or civil marriage, will suffice?

And you're right, it doesn't say anywhere where the proof of her address is needed, but if she has it, no harm in bringing it I guess.

Also, what do you mean by abbreviated answer? For example, in the section where it asks for employer contact details, the space they have provided is not big enough, so I was just going to put "see covering letter". Do I need to fill in part of it like putting the address down and then writing "see cover letter for more information"?

Another question, in section 2.3 it asks Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

I just wanted to check, that I tick this one.... You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as a partner of a settled person, or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection or a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of a settled person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection.

Thank you
Old Feb 20th 2017, 8:29 pm

BritInParis, thank you so much for your reply.

So just putting Marriage Ceremony under the question, what type of ceremony was your marriage or civil marriage, will suffice?
Yep, 'UK civil ceremony' or similar will be fine if it's happening in a register office. The ECO will have your marriage certificate to consult anyway.

And you're right, it doesn't say anywhere where the proof of her address is needed, but if she has it, no harm in bringing it I guess.

Also, what do you mean by abbreviated answer? For example, in the section where it asks for employer contact details, the space they have provided is not big enough, so I was just going to put "see covering letter". Do I need to fill in part of it like putting the address down and then writing "see cover letter for more information"?
If you can.

Another question, in section 2.3 it asks Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

I just wanted to check, that I tick this one.... You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as a partner of a settled person, or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection or a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of a settled person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection.

Thank you
That would sound right if she is currently on a student visa in the UK.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, she is currently on a student visa in the UK
Old Feb 24th 2017, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Soma Dina is an unknown quantity at this point

Soma Dina's AvatarSoma Dina , Today 4:28 pm
Hello I am a British citizen with two kids who are British too. My spouse is not British and we intend applying for a spousal visa using the £62500 route which we will get from the sale of our property overseas. Does any one have any tips for us or has anyone done the same type as we plan to do. Thanks everyone and happy to be on this forum.
Old Mar 5th 2017, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys, just another quick question:

I'm going to be applying using the same day service, so in terms of the documents, do I need to photocopy every document that I'm bringing, or just the bank statements and payslips?

Thank you
Old Mar 5th 2017, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Soma Dina
Soma Dina's AvatarSoma Dina , Today 4:28 pm
Hello I am a British citizen with two kids who are British too. My spouse is not British and we intend applying for a spousal visa using the £62500 route which we will get from the sale of our property overseas. Does any one have any tips for us or has anyone done the same type as we plan to do. Thanks everyone and happy to be on this forum.
Please start your own thread.
Old Mar 5th 2017, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, just another quick question:

I'm going to be applying using the same day service, so in terms of the documents, do I need to photocopy every document that I'm bringing, or just the bank statements and payslips?

Thank you
It is best to copy everything so that they do not keep any original documents.
Old Mar 11th 2017, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Just another question:

At the beginning of the form is asks for my partner's title. Now after doing the marriage ceremony in the UK does her title become Mrs straight away, or would I need to tick the box which says other and write down Ms?

Thank you
Old Mar 11th 2017, 6:40 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Just another question:

At the beginning of the form is asks for my partner's title. Now after doing the marriage ceremony in the UK does her title become Mrs straight away, or would I need to tick the box which says other and write down Ms?

Thank you
It's your wife's choice as to whether she uses Ms or Mrs after marriage, both are perfectly acceptable, so I'd put Ms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.