UK Spouse Visa received, now back in the UK

Old Mar 31st 2016, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

ruri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Spouse Visa received, now back in the UK

Hello again everyone!

Just an update regards to my UK spouse visa application early this month (Priority Service). It took 13 days including weekends to receive my passport and documents back along with my visa.

I didn't have much free time afterwards as I only had less than a week to sort everything out in Malaysia as my husband was very persistent wanting to fly back to the UK together.

I asked for the date of my visa (if successful) to start on the 25th March as that was my intended date of arrival in the UK and it was granted too.

I had an excellent experience with the VFS centre in Kuala Lumpur. I booked the premium lounge service along with the appointment. My appointment was supposed to be at 9.30 in the morning but since I arrived 45 minutes earlier, they took me in and started the procedure right away.

After the submission, I only received 3 updates regarding my visa application. The first was from the VFS saying they have forwarded my application to the UKVI in Manila on the same day of my appointment, second was from the UKVI in Manila on the 5th working day saying a decision has been made, and again from the VFS centre saying they have received my processed application 2 days later. The rest was a waiting game!

My husband and I made our application as straightforward as possible, simple but very detailed. Everyone involved like the landlord and his employer were all very helpful and determined to help make our application successful. They gave everything we needed from them and were very nervous waiting for the outcome too.

Since my husband was the only person renting the accommodation, we didn't get a property inspection. But he took pictures of the house and annotated it as part of our accommodation evidences.

We received all our documents back from the UKVI manila except of husband's passport copy, mine and his cover letters, payment receipts, all completed forms, and the SU07.

My husband and I with our daughter had a split flight from Dubai to London (his flight was fully booked) so my daughter and I arrived in Heathrow almost 2 hours earlier. I had to go through the IO without him but since I'm a naturally friendly person , it took less than 2 minutes for the lady to stamp my passport and let me in. She asked only 2 questions: 1. where's my husband? 2. How long have I been out of the UK. And the rest was a very, very short casual conversation and her teasing my daughter.

I'd like to give a big thank you to every members of this forum who helped us throughout the process. I'm glad I've ever found this place since we started applying for our daughter's British passport until I received my visa. We could not have done it better without this forum. My husband has originally had little help from a solicitor in the beginning but then decided to discontinue it because her proposed fee was ridiculous.

Thank you so much. Have a nice day everyone!

Ruri x
Old Mar 31st 2016, 10:24 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa received, now back in the UK

Originally Posted by ruri
Hello again everyone!

Just an update regards to my UK spouse visa application early this month (Priority Service). It took 13 days including weekends to receive my passport and documents back along with my visa.

I didn't have much free time afterwards as I only had less than a week to sort everything out in Malaysia as my husband was very persistent wanting to fly back to the UK together.

I asked for the date of my visa (if successful) to start on the 25th March as that was my intended date of arrival in the UK and it was granted too.

I had an excellent experience with the VFS centre in Kuala Lumpur. I booked the premium lounge service along with the appointment. My appointment was supposed to be at 9.30 in the morning but since I arrived 45 minutes earlier, they took me in and started the procedure right away.

After the submission, I only received 3 updates regarding my visa application. The first was from the VFS saying they have forwarded my application to the UKVI in Manila on the same day of my appointment, second was from the UKVI in Manila on the 5th working day saying a decision has been made, and again from the VFS centre saying they have received my processed application 2 days later. The rest was a waiting game!

My husband and I made our application as straightforward as possible, simple but very detailed. Everyone involved like the landlord and his employer were all very helpful and determined to help make our application successful. They gave everything we needed from them and were very nervous waiting for the outcome too.

Since my husband was the only person renting the accommodation, we didn't get a property inspection. But he took pictures of the house and annotated it as part of our accommodation evidences.

We received all our documents back from the UKVI manila except of husband's passport copy, mine and his cover letters, payment receipts, all completed forms, and the SU07.

My husband and I with our daughter had a split flight from Dubai to London (his flight was fully booked) so my daughter and I arrived in Heathrow almost 2 hours earlier. I had to go through the IO without him but since I'm a naturally friendly person , it took less than 2 minutes for the lady to stamp my passport and let me in. She asked only 2 questions: 1. where's my husband? 2. How long have I been out of the UK. And the rest was a very, very short casual conversation and her teasing my daughter.

I'd like to give a big thank you to every members of this forum who helped us throughout the process. I'm glad I've ever found this place since we started applying for our daughter's British passport until I received my visa. We could not have done it better without this forum. My husband has originally had little help from a solicitor in the beginning but then decided to discontinue it because her proposed fee was ridiculous.

Thank you so much. Have a nice day everyone!Ruri x

I'm so happy for you Ruri! Best of luck in this new chapter of your life
Old Mar 31st 2016, 11:01 am
Just Joined

freddy66 is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations way to go ..
Old Mar 31st 2016, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Great news!
Old Mar 31st 2016, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. Thanks for taking the time to come back with this information.
Old May 18th 2016, 1:00 am
Just Joined

haydock67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello again everyone!

Thank you so much. Have a nice day everyone!

Ruri x
Wow that's fantastic news, am so happy for you and family. I have been reading all your posts, from when you applied for your daughter's passport and the ones regarding your visa. Am so happy that you've had a positive outcome. I will try as much as is possible, to tick off the document checklist when applying for my daughter's passport and then my wife's visa. I will be going down the route of Self employment..
I wish you all the best for the future in your new home
Old May 18th 2016, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by haydock67
Wow that's fantastic news, am so happy for you and family. I have been reading all your posts, from when you applied for your daughter's passport and the ones regarding your visa. Am so happy that you've had a positive outcome. I will try as much as is possible, to tick off the document checklist when applying for my daughter's passport and then my wife's visa. I will be going down the route of Self employment..
I wish you all the best for the future in your new home
Thank you haydock67,

It was a huge relief that everything went fine in the end, God knows how stressful and painful the time and the procedure we had to go through, let alone being apart for 9 months just for the sake of our daughter's British passport and my spouse visa.

If you have any question at all, please don't hesitate to ask me and all the members of this forum. Without all the members here, we would not have been able to do everything right. I'm more than happy to help and I wish you good luck for both application.

Ruri x
Old May 18th 2016, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

haydock67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you haydock67,

It was a huge relief that everything went fine in the end, God knows how stressful and painful the time and the procedure we had to go through, let alone being apart for 9 months just for the sake of our daughter's British passport and my spouse visa.

If you have any question at all, please don't hesitate to ask me and all the members of this forum. Without all the members here, we would not have been able to do everything right. I'm more than happy to help and I wish you good luck for both application.

Ruri x
Thank you very much Ruri, I will indeed be asking lots of questions I'm sure. At the moment, my wife is gathering as much of the supporting documentation for my daughter's passport application over in Sierra Leone where they both reside. Everything it seems differ from country to country. The application cannot be done online for SL, so we are having to print the form and send it off with supporting documents to Durham. Well I am doing the form here in the UK and the countersignatory is also here, I'm just awaiting all the documents to arrive from SL and then pop them all in the post and hope for the best. I wonder if everyone gets called in for an interview or do they pick and choose who to interview

Regards
Haydock
Old May 19th 2016, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by haydock67
Thank you very much Ruri, I will indeed be asking lots of questions I'm sure. At the moment, my wife is gathering as much of the supporting documentation for my daughter's passport application over in Sierra Leone where they both reside. Everything it seems differ from country to country. The application cannot be done online for SL, so we are having to print the form and send it off with supporting documents to Durham. Well I am doing the form here in the UK and the countersignatory is also here, I'm just awaiting all the documents to arrive from SL and then pop them all in the post and hope for the best. I wonder if everyone gets called in for an interview or do they pick and choose who to interview

Regards
Haydock
Glad to hear your progress. As for the interview and timeline, everything depends on the country you're applying from and if whether it is considered as a high risk country.

We did not get any call or interview for my daughter's British passport nor did her counter-signatory (Commonwealth). It was all quick as we provided every documents required by HMPO, original, copies, and certified translations. I also made a check-list of all documents and put it on the top of the declaration form and documents.

Regards
Ruri
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

markandebony is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. We are applying from HK for my wifes spouse visa. Looking for a detailed checklist of documents needed as we are starting the collation process.
Old Aug 6th 2016, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by markandebony
Hi. We are applying from HK for my wifes spouse visa. Looking for a detailed checklist of documents needed as we are starting the collation process.
Hello there,

Many members have posted their document checklist here in the forum including myself and the best way is to look for one where visa then was successfully granted to the applicant, that's what I did. But do remember that our circumstances are different from one another, so the checklist won't be completely the same. Don't forget to post the list here of all the document you and your wife have later for submission so we can all help to look at it. The first time I posted my list here, one of the member noticed that I was missing one very important form, lucky me!

Good luck
Old Aug 20th 2016, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

markandebony is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you. hard to find one from HK
Old Aug 24th 2016, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

vitali2580 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you haydock67,

Ruri x
Congratulations!!!!!!!
May I ask you a question? what should be in a cover letter? does the 4 year old need a separate application, or child's detail in section 5 of his mother (my wife) is what required?
Thanks in advance,
Vitali.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vitali2580
Congratulations!!!!!!!
May I ask you a question? what should be in a cover letter? does the 4 year old need a separate application, or child's detail in section 5 of his mother (my wife) is what required?
Thanks in advance,
Vitali.
Thank you so much. Yes, the application for your child British passport is separate. I applied for it first before applying for my Visa and it was pretty straightforward and fast for me. You do need to include your child's details in the visa application too as your wife's dependant child. You will be able to put the passport number as an evidence of right to reside in the UK and don't forget to include the passport copy along with other supporting documents.

As for the cover letter, both my husband and I wrote one for each. I wrote a short details of our relationship timeline, how we met, why getting the visa was important for us, our future plans, et cetera. It was only a page in total. The second page was a list of documents I/we provided to support our application.

In my husband's cover letter, he also wrote a brief details of our relationship/marriage, and then his intention to sponsor me. It was just one page.

I hope that is helpful x

Ruri
Old Sep 11th 2016, 2:22 am
Just Joined

JulesBlayney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ruri

I'm a newbie so please pardon my questions :-)

Congrats on your spousal visa! Trust living in the UK is exactly as you imagined it to be!

I noticed that you used to live in Malaysia and that you used VFS Global to assist/apply. I'm Singaporean .... Hubby and I have been here 21 years and are hoping to move to the UK.

How did VFS help with the application? Were they any good?

I've searched online and found a couple of UK-based immigration service agencies (assume they're solicitors). Not sure if that's the best route to take.

Any advice, thoughts much appreciated!

Jules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.