UK spouse visa - pretty urgent question

Old Sep 12th 2017, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UK spouse visa - pretty urgent question

Originally Posted by michali
Pulaski is right! You. Just answer all the questions even if you feel they are not appropriate. My husband and I had been married for nearly fifty years when we applied and we were both living abroad at the time. For questions like 'how often do you meet?' you just put 'we live together'

They can't make a form for each person's circumstances as there are too many different situations to cover.

But don't worry about asking questions here! We have all been through it and it is stressful! We are here to help!
Thank you so much. Believe me, all the help from everyone is massively appreciated.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pulaski
But you do need to answer the question about living arrangements. If you can't explain where you plan to live, even if it is only temporarily in Auntie Flo's spare bedroom (you will need to provide info about Auntie Flo's home, who else lives there, and a letter from Auntie Flo that she is OK with you and your wife living there, and probably a property assessment of the home to determine it's suitability for the number of people who will be living there), then your wife's visa application will be rejected. .... So be very careful about unilaterally deciding that questions "don't apply" to you and your wife.
OK this is interesting, thanks. I had put that we were going to rent a house as soon as the visa arrives. Obviously we can't make ANY arrangements until that is done. But, seems like that is a bad idea.

I can put my sisters address as the place we'll move to, and get an email from her? Then I can make note we'd be working on renting a house - how can we be expected to secure housing without knowing when we'll even get the visa..? But do you really think we need a property assessment...? No way are we going to be able to get that.

I definitely answered all the questions, including putting things like "we live together."
Old Sep 13th 2017, 12:04 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukmancoll
OK this is interesting, thanks. I had put that we were going to rent a house as soon as the visa arrives. Obviously we can't make ANY arrangements until that is done. But, seems like that is a bad idea.

I can put my sisters address as the place we'll move to, and get an email from her? Then I can make note we'd be working on renting a house - how can we be expected to secure housing without knowing when we'll even get the visa..? But do you really think we need a property assessment...? No way are we going to be able to get that. ....
If your sister's house is big enough you can, and I think you'll need a letter from your sister, meaning something she has signed, and you will need details of who is living in her house - how many people, adults and children, and the size - rooms (living and bedroom) and total sqm of the home. Conventional advice here is that for shared/family housing a property assessment is "necessary". Maybe someone will be along to confirm.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

OK - I'm going to ask just one more time, promise.

Almost none of the questions in Appendix Two are relevant if both spouse and sponsor live in the US. All of the questions are related to the sponsor already being in the UK - asks about property, living arrangements, etc.

It just feels weird - why isn't there a form that is relevant to both parties coming over together at the same time?
It is relevant if both parties come together from overseas. Read it carefully and you will see where frequently it tells you to skip to a different section when sections are not relevant to you.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

OK, can you guys take a look at this for me? Here is what I'm planning on shipping off to Sheffield tomorrow/Friday (in regards to supporting documents):

+ 8 months of bank statements
+ Pay stubs for 6 months
+ Letter from current US employer
+ Offer and cover letter from new UK employer to start in January
+ Signed letter from my mother who's rental house we'll be moving into
+ Wife's passport
+ Copy of mine and kids British passports
+ Our marriage certificate
+ Our kids birth certificates naming us as their parents
+ Appendix 2
+ Utility bills such as gas, electric, etc.
+ Biometrics receipt

I am hopeful we have a fairly simple case as I see it. I earn around ten times what is needed, and the job I have lined up in the UK is about three times what is needed. No previous marriages. British citizen children. We've been married for 12 years and always lived together.

You think I have everything covered guys?
Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

OK, can you guys take a look at this for me? Here is what I'm planning on shipping off to Sheffield tomorrow/Friday (in regards to supporting documents):

+ 8 months of bank statements
+ Pay stubs for 6 months
+ Letter from current US employer
+ Offer and cover letter from new UK employer to start in January
+ Signed letter from my mother who's rental house we'll be moving into
+ Wife's passport
+ Copy of mine and kids British passports
+ Our marriage certificate
+ Our kids birth certificates naming us as their parents
+ Appendix 2
+ Utility bills such as gas, electric, etc.
+ Biometrics receipt

I am hopeful we have a fairly simple case as I see it. I earn around ten times what is needed, and the job I have lined up in the UK is about three times what is needed. No previous marriages. British citizen children. We've been married for 12 years and always lived together.

You think I have everything covered guys?
Also in addition to the above, a copy of our current house rental lease contract for the last two years.

I think I can also include at least our last years tax returns, maybe two or three years.

Last edited by ukmancoll; Sep 13th 2017 at 11:22 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Take a look at the timeline thread for an overview. Effectively it's a mess at the moment. The official processing times for May from the USA are here. Bear in mind that this is working days and includes those who paid for priority processing. I suspect the more recent processing times will be even more sluggish as they were just about keeping to the three month limit but that no longer seems to be the case. Parliamentary complaints may also be skewering the stats. I honestly can't tell you whether it's worth paying for priority at this stage as the difference it will make may only be slight. Your wife should given the option when she goes to give her biometrics unless it's been suspended as it appears to have been elsewhere.
Dear @BritInParis,
I have seen suggestions that the 6months wait could be a deliberate policy to test the genuineness of relationships, especially for applications from certain countries and it's beginning to make sense to me, having re read my MP's reply to our email. What's your opinion on this?
Thanks.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 12:21 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaManjang
Dear @BritInParis,
I have seen suggestions that the 6months wait could be a deliberate policy to test the genuineness of relationships, especially for applications from certain countries and it's beginning to make sense to me, having re read my MP's reply to our email. What's your opinion on this?
Thanks.
I would opine that is BS. There's no conspiracy, just the usual Home Office farce.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=BritInParis;12337695]I would opine that is BS. There's no conspiracy, just the usual Home Office farce.[/QUOTE
Lol Ok thanks.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

OK guys, final update. Here is final list of everything I am planning to send. Please could you let me know thoughts and if you think I'm missing anything (or overdoing anything?) Thank you!

• Signed and dated copy of online application

• 8 months of bank statements from joint current account – printed at the branch by Personal Banker

• 9 months of sponsors paystubs from sponsors current US employer

• Letter from sponsors US employer confirming employment

• Color copies of Sponors British passport, as well as childrens British passports.

• Marriage certificate

• Birth certificates for all three of our children naming sponsor and myself, the applicant, as the parents

• 6 months of gas utility bills naming sponsor at same address as myself, the applicant

• 6 months of mobile phone bills naming myself, the applicant, at same address as sponsor

• Apartment Lease Agreement for current residence of both sponsor and applicant

• Signed letter from landlord of the property in England my family will be moving to

• Offer letter and contract from sponsors new employer in England

• Appendix 2, Financial Requirement Form

• Selection of Federal and State tax returns between 2005 and 2016 naming both sponsor and applicant as filing jointly at the same residential address:
o 2005 Federal Tax Return
o 2006 Illinois Tax Return
o 2008 Federal Tax Return
o 2009 Illinois Individual Income Tax Electronic Filing Declaration
o 2011 Federal Tax return
o 2012 Federal Tax return
o 2013 Federal Tax return
o 2014 Illinois Income Tax Return
o 2015 Illinois Income Tax Return
o 2016 Federal Tax Return

• One color photograph of applicant

• Receipt from Biometrics appointment taken on 14/9/17

• US passport of applicant
Old Sep 14th 2017, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

OK guys, final update. Here is final list of everything I am planning to send. Please could you let me know thoughts and if you think I'm missing anything (or overdoing anything?) Thank you!

• Signed and dated copy of online application

• 8 months of bank statements from joint current account – printed at the branch by Personal Banker

• 9 months of sponsors paystubs from sponsors current US employer

• Letter from sponsors US employer confirming employment

• Color copies of Sponors British passport, as well as childrens British passports.

• Marriage certificate

• Birth certificates for all three of our children naming sponsor and myself, the applicant, as the parents

• 6 months of gas utility bills naming sponsor at same address as myself, the applicant

• 6 months of mobile phone bills naming myself, the applicant, at same address as sponsor

• Apartment Lease Agreement for current residence of both sponsor and applicant

• Signed letter from landlord of the property in England my family will be moving to

• Offer letter and contract from sponsors new employer in England

• Appendix 2, Financial Requirement Form

• Selection of Federal and State tax returns between 2005 and 2016 naming both sponsor and applicant as filing jointly at the same residential address:
o 2005 Federal Tax Return
o 2006 Illinois Tax Return
o 2008 Federal Tax Return
o 2009 Illinois Individual Income Tax Electronic Filing Declaration
o 2011 Federal Tax return
o 2012 Federal Tax return
o 2013 Federal Tax return
o 2014 Illinois Income Tax Return
o 2015 Illinois Income Tax Return
o 2016 Federal Tax Return

• One color photograph of applicant

• Receipt from Biometrics appointment taken on 14/9/17

• US passport of applicant

I would paste some copies of photos of you together over the years into a Word document and annotate them. Probably overkill but takes little time and is a nice visual reference for whoever handles your application.

I assume Americans are exempt from doing an English language test. Probably a good thing as most would clearly fail
Old Sep 14th 2017, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I would paste some copies of photos of you together over the years into a Word document and annotate them. Probably overkill but takes little time and is a nice visual reference for whoever handles your application.

I assume Americans are exempt from doing an English language test. Probably a good thing as most would clearly fail
Haha good idea. I'll do that.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Cecilia5778 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to say but I dont understand how a decision so important for both applicant and the country should be rushed. Immigration Laws are fluid as the countries needs and dont follow personal demands. I got my visa TODAY after three months, but I knew that this could happen as was stated in the website. Thankfully I have a house in my country so i didnt have problem waiting for as long as necessary. But my problem with all this proces is that we pay a lot and have little assistance when delays happen, or to get assistance you have to pay almost 2 pounds a minute in a call.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

ryongsong is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cecilia5778
Sorry to say but I dont understand how a decision so important for both applicant and the country should be rushed. Immigration Laws are fluid as the countries needs and dont follow personal demands. I got my visa TODAY after three months, but I knew that this could happen as was stated in the website. Thankfully I have a house in my country so i didnt have problem waiting for as long as necessary. But my problem with all this proces is that we pay a lot and have little assistance when delays happen, or to get assistance you have to pay almost 2 pounds a minute in a call.
I agree that there should be no need to rush this process, but it's UKVI who say you can't apply until three months before your intended departure. The problem is the lack of honest information from them, as well as, as you mention, the very poor service that accompanies the high cost.