UK spouse visa - pretty urgent question

Old Sep 11th 2017, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UK spouse visa - pretty urgent question

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Why do you think you don't have to fill out Appendix 2?
Good question - I'm going to go back and look. I thought Appendix 2 had to do with whether the sponsor was already in the UK or not.

This is the page I'm looking at.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

No, you MUST fill out Appendix 2! That is where all the relevant financial information is included. I think you are possibly misunderstanding the term 'settled' which many of us do too! British Citizens are considered 'settled' whether or not we are in the U.K. for the purposes of applying for visas for our non-EU spouses to come and live with us in the U.K.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

b813 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Online application 1st Sept / biometrics and document submission 5 sept (that's when we paid priority). Got an email today telling us to collect the "processed visa application". Don't know if that's an error and they just mean original documents. Hope not and it shouldn't be as we had a message on 9th Sept stating the application had been forwarded to UKVI. On the visa processing time page (which is now out of date) it did show 21pct within 5 working days.
We will go on Wednesday to collect whatever is there waiting for us.
Really happy and excited for you and your wife. Let us know how it goes!!
Old Sep 12th 2017, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by b813
Really happy and excited for you and your wife. Let us know how it goes!!
Visa was granted - i believe he has started his own thread
Old Sep 12th 2017, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by michali
No, you MUST fill out Appendix 2! That is where all the relevant financial information is included. I think you are possibly misunderstanding the term 'settled' which many of us do too! British Citizens are considered 'settled' whether or not we are in the U.K. for the purposes of applying for visas for our non-EU spouses to come and live with us in the U.K.
Any chance you could link to Appendix 2...

What's weird - at least as far as I can tell right now - is that if I just followed the initial directions when completing the application, I wouldn't have known half the stuff I'm supposed to do.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

The link to Appendix 2 is on the same page you linked to! I don't think there is a later version.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by michali
The link to Appendix 2 is on the same page you linked to! I don't think there is a later version.
Got it, thanks. This one right?

And even though I live in the US, I'm treated as someone who is "Settled" in the UK?

Sorry - don't mean to sound like someone who is trying to get other people to do the work - I just didn't anticipate the timeline and stress of getting the visa, and that's on me.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 3:31 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukmancoll
.... And even though I live in the US, I'm treated as someone who is "Settled" in the UK? ....
As a British citizen you are deemed to be "settled" in the UK the moment you return to the UK with the intention of living there, so yes, for the purposes of sponsoring a spouse visa, you are treated as being settled.

It is for this reason that you cannot sponsor a spouse visa if you are not also returning to the UK to live with your spouse. Several times a year we see instances of someone in the Middle or Far East who wants to sponsor their Asian spouse to live in the UK while continuing to work overseas. That isn't possible using a "family of a settled person" visa.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 12th 2017 at 4:57 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

OK - these questions on Appendix 2. We've been married twelve years. I have to answer these questions? I'm supposed to remember what date we met and where..?

(I uploaded a screen shot with the questions top of page 2, but it's not showing)

Old Sep 12th 2017, 4:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

OK - these questions on Appendix 2. We've been married twelve years. I have to answer these questions? I'm supposed to remember what date we met and where..? ......
Answer them to the best of your ability. .... Are you saying you don't remember when and where you first met your spouse?
Old Sep 12th 2017, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

I don't remember the day we met, no...! We met in person, through work.

How often do we meet...? Huh?

How do we keep in touch...? Huh?

I'm just worried I'm filling in the wrong thing. We live together. Why are you asking these questions?
Old Sep 12th 2017, 5:57 pm

.... I don't remember the day we met, no...! We met in person, through work.

How often do we meet...? Huh?

How do we keep in touch...? Huh?

I'm just worried I'm filling in the wrong thing. We live together. Why are you asking these questions?
Because some couples are like we were when Mrs P applied for a visa to live in the UK - we had been married a month, and prior to that we lived 3,500 miles apart. We had a two-week honeymoon, but had "lived together" in our own home for less than two weeks when she applied for her visa, and that was only when she was "visiting" the UK after we married before returning to the US to obtain her visa.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

OK - I'm going to ask just one more time, promise.

Almost none of the questions in Appendix Two are relevant if both spouse and sponsor live in the US. All of the questions are related to the sponsor already being in the UK - asks about property, living arrangements, etc.

It just feels weird - why isn't there a form that is relevant to both parties coming over together at the same time?
Old Sep 12th 2017, 9:50 pm

OK - I'm going to ask just one more time, promise.

Almost none of the questions in Appendix Two are relevant if both spouse and sponsor live in the US. All of the questions are related to the sponsor already being in the UK - asks about property, living arrangements, etc.

It just feels weird - why isn't there a form that is relevant to both parties coming over together at the same time?
But you do need to answer the question about living arrangements. If you can't explain where you plan to live, even if it is only temporarily in Auntie Flo's spare bedroom (you will need to provide info about Auntie Flo's home, who else lives there, and a letter from Auntie Flo that she is OK with you and your wife living there, and probably a property assessment of the home to determine it's suitability for the number of people who will be living there), then your wife's visa application will be rejected. .... So be very careful about unilaterally deciding that questions "don't apply" to you and your wife.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 12th 2017 at 9:55 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pulaski
But you do need to answer the question about living arrangements. If you can't explain where you plan to live, even if it is only temporarily in Auntie Flo's spare bedroom (you will need to provide info about Auntie Flo's home, who else lives there, and a letter from Auntie Flo that she is OK with you and your wife living there, and probably a property assessment of the home to determine it's suitability for the number of people who will be living there), then your wife's visa application will be rejected. .... So be very careful about unilaterally deciding that questions "don't apply" to you and your wife.
Pulaski is right! You. Just answer all the questions even if you feel they are not appropriate. My husband and I had been married for nearly fifty years when we applied and we were both living abroad at the time. For questions like 'how often do you meet?' you just put 'we live together'

They can't make a form for each person's circumstances as there are too many different situations to cover.

But don't worry about asking questions here! We have all been through it and it is stressful! We are here to help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.