Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Jul 13th 2017, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

On the point of A1. My wife, a Thai teacher at vocational level, did not do the traditional A1 bun fight at the British Council with associated ramped up fees.

She has used her Cambridge Certificate which as far as I can tell qualifies her at CEFR B1

Can experts here please take a look. My wife is very very worried now seeing as her teacher friend just got refused despite spending a month with the British Council - albeit that month was not CEFR accredited.

https://ibb.co/hYMUfF

https://ibb.co/cQUFLF

Thanks for any comment.

Old Jul 13th 2017, 12:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by KernowIan
On the point of A1. My wife, a Thai teacher at vocational level, did not do the traditional A1 bun fight at the British Council with associated ramped up fees.

She has used her Cambridge Certificate which as far as I can tell qualifies her at CEFR B1

Can experts here please take a look. My wife is very very worried now seeing as her teacher friend just got refused despite spending a month with the British Council - albeit that month was not CEFR accredited.

Thanks for any comment.

We don't have any 'experts' on BE...but we do have people who have had similar experiences. Hopefully someone will be along soon who can help you. Good luck to you and your family...I hope you will be reunited soon.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Old Jul 13th 2017, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

BBob. Please can you indicate when was Day 1 for you, was it

Date of online application ?
Date of handover docs and biometrics ?
Or
Date of receipt of documents in Sheffield?
I asked this quesion a few weeks ago and from my extensive reading on different forums i come to the conclusion its the day of biometrics/handing in application form
Old Jul 13th 2017, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

my wife from the Philippines handed her docs in on 10 May so i reckon we are now on day 45
includes May bank holiday. My wife GWF number still not being recognised so sheffield still not looked at our docs. It doesn't help that we are non priority!!
Old Jul 13th 2017, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

What the hell does this mean for my wife? I should not have failed the financial test. Our son is British, and now in UK waiting for his mum (Thai).
Not sure why you have received this letter. If you earn the correct amount of money which for a child is 22,400k per year then you don't fall into this category. This letter should only go out if you earn less than the above amount. Looks like a
error to me!!
Old Jul 13th 2017, 3:43 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyede
Not sure why you have received this letter. If you earn the correct amount of money which for a child is 22,400k per year then you don't fall into this category. This letter should only go out if you earn less than the above amount. Looks like a
error to me!!
From previous reports there does seem to be quite a lot of people who have received this letter even though they fulfill the financial requirements, perhaps they have someone there who is sending them out as a matter of course to everyone they are dealing with, general consensus has been, if you are certain you are over the threshold, to ignore the letter
Old Jul 13th 2017, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

i know what you are saying mike but this causes anxiety. i am bringing a child over too. earned about 22500k last year and about 40k in the bank but would be stressed if i received
this letter!!!
Old Jul 13th 2017, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Colesy898 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by london_2005
it's getting more scary now...i'm only 16 days...
If you are tracking the application on any website take my advice and try not to check it too often. I must check ours about a thousand times a day and it drives me crazy.
I think what's worse is a day after all the docs and biometrics were received in Sheffield we got a notification to say 'Your application is now with UK Visas & Immigration for a decision.' because we didn't know about the delays at that point we got really excited that it would be decided soon. We are now around working day 45 and are still being told the same thing!

After listening to everyone on here my mind is saying that we should hear by around working day 60 (so that's still another 3 weeks) and if it comes any sooner then it will be a bonus. Really can't believe I am saying that after spending £600 for something I thought would be decided within 15 working days.

It is the worst thing to wait for, especially when you don't even know if it will be good news at the end of the wait, just try to keep strong and try to keep busy to help the time go faster. I now count the week as 5 days and the weekends are just a blur. But when you get to Friday just remind yourself you are one week closer to getting the decision.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

Missl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to all
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by RichInna
Thank you.. I can only but try, thanks to your idea... I never thought about quoting SLAs such a good idea.
Been one crazy ride, I used to believe in the saying "Its not about the destination, its about the journey".. Not in this case lol... hated every minute of this damn visa...

Do hope you have good news also soon when you get passport back...
Picked up the passport today, we are good to go - good luck with everything I hope you hear soon, wishing you all the best
Old Jul 14th 2017, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

But don't you think it a disgrace that this girl has been waiting since 19 April, to be told in 6 July that her application is delayed due to the High Court? Why didn't they tell her that in April. Unbelievable way to treat folk
I have read a lot about this high court notification and it seems to be going out to anyone that has either contacted sheffield to complain about the wait or those coming near to waiting the 60 days timeframe!
I believe its not rellivent to 99% of people receiving it and its being sent out as a way to excuse sheffields delays without them actually coming clean and facing up to their incompetence!
Old Jul 14th 2017, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Application date 23 march
Sent to sheffield 30 march
Got an email that there is a delay.
Anybody waitig since march?
Old Jul 14th 2017, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by garyede
error to me!!
To be clear, the letter was sent to a Forum 'friend' of my wife's. My wife still waiting. Day 52 today.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Laciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
Application date 23 march
Sent to sheffield 30 march
Got an email that there is a delay.
Anybody waitig since march?
Hi,
Did you paid for priority service?
Our application received in infamous Sheffield 10th May
No answer
Paid priority
Old Jul 14th 2017, 7:41 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laciuk
Hi,
Did you paid for priority service?
Our application received in infamous Sheffield 10th May
No answer
Paid priority
It's just a question of waiting I'm afraid, they are totally swamped in Sheffield and, until they get a lot of new staff trained/retrained, then the times are unlikely to come down. It's a lot like the passport problem of a few years ago, lack of forward planning as to staffing needed and an underestimate of the numbers along with the government cost cutting. In the same way the passport situation was sorted, this will be and the quoted times will be back on track. Priority applications are still getting a better service than non priority ones, it's just that neither are being done withing the optimistic, at the moment, timings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.