Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 4th 2017, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

haldane86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

I just wanted to say hi from Canada my kids are starting school in Scotland on August 17th while I sit here and play the waiting game. I have not seen my family since May 25th and time is dragging so slowly.My application was received on July 20th (had a canada post issue that set me back over a month and a half) so I'm a ways behind you. Fingers crossed that things get moving for you soon 😀

QUOTE=lesathomp9;12309390]Hi there everyone, I'm new to this thread but have been following it for a while. We applied for our UK settlement Visas from Canada on April 24th. We paid for priority and have been going through the same saga as you all. We are now at day 72. We have made multiple calls and sent multiple emails. We escalated our Visas's on July 12, after having called on that date to get a status update and were told that our Visas were still awaiting a decision. I then checked our status online (about three weeks later) and it said that our visas had been decided on July 11, and we should receive our passports back within 10 working days. This date was clearly not true as we called to check the status on July 12 and were told it was still "awaiting a decision." The predicament we are in now, is that the online status says that our visas were decided on July 11, and we still have not been contacted by the VAC to collect our Visas, and we have not received an email from Sheffield saying our visas have been decided.

When I called to find out why we have not received them, we were told they would get back to us, but then they never did. I called again and was told that the reason I have not received them yet was that I escalated on July 12, after they were apparently decided on July 11, and the escalation haulted the whole process for 15 days. Yet those 15 working days have passed and we still have not heard anything.

Is anyone else experiencing anything like this? Has anyone also experienced a major lag time between when their decision was apparently made and when they actually received their passports with the decision?

Thanks, Im going out of my mind here, my kids are supposed to start school in Scotland on Aug 22 - GRRRR!!![/QUOTE]
Old Aug 6th 2017, 4:26 am
Rez
Forum Regular

Rez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RichInna
Hi

Based on your info we have drafted an email and sent it to them. Fingers crossed ))

Been a tough week for us as I had surgery and had to rely on family and friends when all i wanted was Inna with me... we have also had to cancel our holiday now as not sure the passport will be back in time. ggrrrrrrr....
Hello there,

I have submitted my application in May and still no response from them. We are now 50 days passes. We didn't pay for priority. I want to know whether they count the 60 working days from the date we submitted the application online or biometrics submission date? I called them twice to know the status. All they say is awaiting for decision. My husband is in UK waiting for my arrival and we are so disappointed about this long distance soon after getting married. After reading all these posts in this blog as well as some other blogs, I realise I am not the only one who will get into a depression in no time because of this waiting period. It kills!!!!!

Whatsoever let's hope for the best peeps! Fingers Crossed x

I feel so sorry about your wife. Unfortunately I am also in the same position. I cannot focus on anything other than checking my emails whole day by expecting a decision email from home office. I really wish if they could at least prioritize the spouse visa out of all. Because it is not easy for a married couple to stay apart just because of a visa. After all it's a privilege to settle in England so cannot expect more, but still.

Cheers!

Try using the following link to check your status of the application.

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov....m/GWF044202970

If th decision has not been made then it says the reference number is not recognized, otherwise it will say it's decided.

60 working days right ? What's the starting date for the count down?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 6th 2017 at 6:44 am. Reason: Posts merged - there's an edit button you can use if you think of something you want to add just after posting.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 4:50 am
Banned

Wynona80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, hope all those waiting will get good news soon. I applied settlement visa april 5 2017, And sheffield emailed last friday and heres what they said...

Dear xxx xxx

Thank you for your application for settlement in the United Kingdom.

In support of your sponsor’s income you have provided a personal bank statement issued in your sponsor’s name by Barclays Bank account number ending xxxxxxx for the period 22/09/2016 to 22/03/2017. I also note you have submitted salary slips in support of your sponsor’s employment covering the period 22/09/2016 to 06/04/2017. However the bank statement you have provided does not show that all the salary payments (shown on the salary slips) have been paid into your sponsor’s account. It is a requirement of the rules that the personal bank statement corresponds to the same period as the payslips and also shows that the salary has been paid into the account

Therefore I would like to provide you with an opportunity to provide documentation evidencing that all your sponsor’s salary payments have been paid into his account.

Please scan these documents and email them to [email protected]

Alternatively, send these documents by post to the address below.

Please do not hesitate to email me at this address if you need assistance.

To enable me to decide your case promptly it is essential that you reply as soon as you can, within seven days. If you do not produce the information requested by 12/08/2017, the application will be considered on the basis of the documents and information you have already provided. This could result in the application being refused, as provided for in Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.

MI

Entry Clearance Officer

UK Visas & Immigration

Home Office

4th Floor, Vulcan House (Iron), 6 Millsands, Sheffield, S3 8NU

www.gov.uk/home-office

We submitted our online application april 5,2017. We provide payslip from sep 22, 2016 - March 22, 2017 but my husband provided payslip that time from sep 22, 2016 to april 6, 2017.
We dont want to confused eco, we want to make sure we still meet the 28 day rule. I just wanna ask is it possible to print out the bank statement continuation of march 23 up to april 6 since only
To prove that his wage for march 23,30 and april 6 sent to his account?

Note. -His bank statement arrived every 22nd of the month.
-He get paid weekly.

Monday is bank holiday. We will print out those bank statement and have it stamped. scan and send it thru email by 9th august our deadline will be august 12.any advice please
Old Aug 6th 2017, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rez
Hello there,

I have submitted my application in May and still no response from them. We are now 50 days passes. We didn't pay for priority. I want to know whether they count the 60 working days from the date we submitted the application online or biometrics submission date? I called them twice to know the status. All they say is awaiting for decision. My husband is in UK waiting for my arrival and we are so disappointed about this long distance soon after getting married. After reading all these posts in this blog as well as some other blogs, I realise I am not the only one who will get into a depression in no time because of this waiting period. It kills!!!!!

Whatsoever let's hope for the best peeps! Fingers Crossed x
They count it from the biometrics date. I am getting fed up now got my MP involved after telephoning them the other day for the second time and finding out that they were looking for our docs in Manila when I sent them directly to Sheffield from the UK. I must have spent at least £40 on emails, telephone calls , registered posts trying to find out what the hell is going on. My wife is not sleeping properly got eye bags I am suffering from anxiety and my step daughter is supposed to be undertaking a test to try and get in to Leeds University in August. When my MP got in touch they had the audacity to ask him to ask me to send fresh supporting documents when I have already send them with a copy. I don't have a third copy I sent everything by courier it is up to them to have systems in place to keep them in a safe place!!!!!
Old Aug 6th 2017, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

And I forgot to say that we have not seen each other since October 25, 2016. 12 days after we got married.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 5:24 am
Rez
Forum Regular

This is so absurd! Why they would ask for supporting documents again? And when did you apply? I applied in May 2017 and we just passed 50 working days and I am already exhausted so I can imagine how you are..

Oh 12 days after getting married? I am 7 days after getting married and away from each other for 3 months now. But my husband came for a visit for two weeks last month, so that helped me to survive little more.

I really hope that we will hear from them very soon. Btw did you pay for priority?
Old Aug 6th 2017, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Our biometrics date is 10 May, non priority so on day 64. I have 2 applications in the system 1 for my wife the other for my step daughter but Sheffield seem to have separated them and that is why they are asking for supporting docs for my daughter. I sent supporting docs separately from the UK with copies of their application forms asking them to pair them up with the application forms and appendix 2's which had been sent from Manila. My wife received separate emails to tell her that her and her daugter's application forms been received but seem to have got separated since then and only god know what they have done with my supporting docs so hence got my MP involved. Its my last resort making us both ill.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 5:50 am
Rez
Forum Regular

After the escalation, it will take about 15 working days for you to receive a decision. Wish if we all could receive the visa before end of August.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

I am saddened to read everyone else remains in the same boat as us.

I escalated my wife's case by phone on 25 July. Being sceptical I followed up the phone call reference with a paid email a day later, with a detailed letter of complaint that covered the pertinent detail of my wife's application as being solid in all respects.

The 25 July call was taken by a British speaking girl who said all the right things and seemed to grasp the hardship and emotional stress that my 4yo son is going through without mummy. She promised someone would call be back. Not so!

Two paid emails sent since to get them to confirm escalation which was eventually forthcoming, again from a girl with a British name. The date of escalation according to them is 31 July, so, like others here, they are taking 5 working days to commence the escalation of 15 days, so in effect the escalation is actually 20 days duration.

Concurrently I have sent a written complaint to the Home Office (Croyden), cc to my MP, again detailing the fact that due to my parental responsibilities of my 4yo son during the school holidays I am likely to be dismissed from my recently started job. I started employment deliberately @60 day point as I was sure my wife would be here by now to take care of our son. I am still on a probationary period, and without management understanding I will be fired.

My poor wife is besides herself with the separation (we have been living together permanently for 7 years prior to my move back to UK in May). Our son is asking me will he ever see his mummy again.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

That is the theory but i have very little confidence in UKVI as as my solicitor told me the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. The whole organisation is in total chaos!!!
Old Aug 6th 2017, 6:22 am
Rez
Forum Regular

I went speechless after reading this. I really wish if they could consider your case and provide the Visa as soon as poasible. I don't think a kid would deserve to be waited like this. This is so inhumane. What to do we are helpless and left with no choice. Let me know once you receive your visa. Don't worry my prayers are with your family.

Good Luck!
Old Aug 6th 2017, 6:23 am
Rez
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by garyede
That is the theory but i have very little confidence in UKVI as as my solicitor told me the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. The whole organisation is in total chaos!!!
Seriously this is ridiculous! I wonder whether they are understaff.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=KernowIan;12310326]I am saddened to read everyone else remains in the same boat as us.

I escalated my wife's case by phone on 25 July. Being sceptical I followed up the phone call reference with a paid email a day later, with a detailed letter of complaint that covered the pertinent detail of my wife's application as being solid in all respects.

The 25 July call was taken by a British speaking girl who said all the right things and seemed to grasp the hardship and emotional stress that my 4yo son is going through without mummy. She promised someone would call be back. Not so!

Two paid emails sent since to get them to confirm escalation which was eventually forthcoming, again from a girl with a British name. The date of escalation according to them is 31 July, so, like others here, they are taking 5 working days to commence the escalation of 15 days, so in effect the escalation is actually 20 days duration.

Concurrently I have sent a written complaint to the Home Office (Croyden), cc to my MP, again detailing the fact that due to my parental responsibilities of my 4yo son during the school holidays I am likely to be dismissed from my recently started job. I started employment deliberately @60 day point as I was sure my wife would be here by now to take care of our son. I am still on a probationary period, and without management understanding I will be fired.

My poor wife is besides herself with the separation (we have been living together permanently for 7 years prior to my move back to UK in May). Our son is asking me will he ever see his mummy again.[/QUOTE

Very sorry to hear about your case seems like we are all being pushed from pillar to post. Like you say i find the call centre staff friendly enough but i have no confidence that calls or emails are being picked up by processors timeously because of the pressures are under. As someone said on here the whole organisation is just not fit for purpose. I hope you can keep your job and your application gets sorted out asap.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rez
I went speechless after reading this. I really wish if they could consider your case and provide the Visa as soon as poasible. I don't think a kid would deserve to be waited like this. This is so inhumane. What to do we are helpless and left with no choice. Let me know once you receive your visa. Don't worry my prayers are with your family.

Good Luck!
The department is understaffed but have recruited more people who are either in or just come out of training. Thanks for your concerns and good luck to you.
Old Aug 6th 2017, 6:31 am
Rez
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Congratulations! You must be jumping out of joy right ☺️

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.