uk spouse visa financial requirement question

Old Jun 19th 2016, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

nizz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default uk spouse visa financial requirement question

hi everyone

i need some assistance and clarification on the financial requirements for applying for a spouse visa. I want to bring my wife over from india and the question is that i currently earn 19k p/a and have been working for 3 years with my current employer which i assume makes me eligable for applying but my conern is savings, its not clear if and what savings is required and is there a minimum savings requirement on top of the 18,600? sorry if i sound silly but i have no idea of this topic?

cheers
Old Jun 19th 2016, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk spouse visa financial requirement question

Read the following document carefully to see how you qualify, and the Categories under which one applies.

By the sounds of it your earn 19K+ and have been with employer for three years - so you don't need any additional savings for your application. You could apply under Cat A.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf
Old Jun 20th 2016, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk spouse visa financial requirement question

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Read the following document carefully to see how you qualify, and the Categories under which one applies.

By the sounds of it your earn 19K+ and have been with employer for three years - so you don't need any additional savings for your application. You could apply under Cat A.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf
Just to say, have you been earning over £18,600 per year for the last 6 months? If so, you're good to apply. Do you have any children? If so, read the document San Diego Girl has linked.