UK spouse visa financial requirement help?

Old Jan 30th 2018, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

uddin0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK spouse visa financial requirement help?

hello everyone i need some help and advise.
I am british born and I applied for a spouse visa for my wife to come join me in the UK.
we applied in jan 2016 and we got a rejection letter saying we didnt meet the financial requirements reason for refusal..we deciceded to appeal the case and it took over a year and judge refused again.

so now we want to make new application..we read on home office website if you dont earn the 18,600, you can still meet the financial requirement by having enough savings...can anyone help on this?
if i show enough savings in account and working part time job, will they grant the visa or refuse?
please help.
thanks
Old Jan 30th 2018, 11:35 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK spouse visa financial requirement help?

If you have sufficient savings then you don't need to have any income and you will still meet the financial requirements. Alternatively you can use a mix of savings and income. How much in cash savings do you and your wife hold collectively? Do you have any property that will be selling if your wife moves to the UK?
Old Jan 30th 2018, 11:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Read the following document carefully to see how you can qualify:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf Section 7.

If you wish to use savings to make up the shortfall in income (18,600 GBP per annum is required as the minimum income) the formula is as follows:

Shortfall x 2.5 PLUS 16,000 GBP.

So, for example, if you only earn 15,000 GBP per annum, you are 3,600 GBP per annum short.

3,600 x 2.5 = 9,000 GBP PLUS 16,000 = 25,000 GBP you need to have in savings to apply for a spouse visa.

The savings can be in the name of the applicant, the sponsor or both.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you have sufficient savings then you don't need to have any income and you will still meet the financial requirements. Alternatively you can use a mix of savings and income. How much in cash savings do you and your wife hold collectively? Do you have any property that will be selling if your wife moves to the UK?
Hi i dont own any property to sell..we will have rented accomodation to stay.
we have 50k between us..if we show mix of savings and income job which is £9,000 year job. this is enough for finincial requirement?
Old Jan 30th 2018, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uddin0
we have 50k between us..if we show mix of savings and income job which is £9,000 year job. this is enough for finincial requirement?
Please work out whether your income is enough by looking at the formula I gave you.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 11:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uddin0
Yes, that sounds fine, with a few caveats. Your job cannot be self-employment and you will need to have been earning for at least six months. Your savings will need to have been held at the same level for at least six months and are 'cash', not tied up in investments. If either your salary or savings were lower than that during the last six months you will need to recalculate using the lowest figures. As it stands the sums are:

£50,000 - £16,000 / 2.5 = £13,600 (income equivalent).

£13,600 + £9,000 = £22,600.

Read Appendix FM 1.7 for more information; particularly section 7.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf
Old Jan 31st 2018, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=BritInParis;12431039]Yes, that sounds fine, with a few caveats. Your job cannot be self-employment and you will need to have been earning for at least six months. Your savings will need to have been held at the same level for at least six months and are 'cash', not tied up in investments. If either your salary or savings were lower than that during the last six months you will need to recalculate using the lowest figures. As it stands the sums are:

£50,000 - £16,000 / 2.5 = £13,600 (income equivalent).

£13,600 + £9,000 = £22,600.

thanks for your advise.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Please work out whether your income is enough by looking at the formula I gave you.
thank you