UK Spouse Visa - Documentation Checklist

Old Dec 20th 2015, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa - Documentation Checklist

Originally Posted by celeliza
Hi everyone

I'm almost done for putting together my husband's spouse visa application. The UKBA checklist has given us some ideas what kind of documentation to enclose so I just posting a thread to make sure I'm not missing anything else.

We'll be applying from NZ, my husband is the NZ Citizen and I'm the British sponsor. Also, I have a job offer in the UK to start in May 2015.

Here's what I have so far:

Printed online application form
Appendix 2 Form
Biometrics information
Priority processing service receipt

APPLICANT
Current NZ Passport
Old NZ Passport???
2 passport photos

SPONSOR
UK Passport or a certified copy of my bio pages signed by a UK solicitor???
Passport photos???
Opening letter including details of our relationship/marriage over the last 5 years we have been together

FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS – SPONSOR
Letter of job offer in the UK
Signed letter from employer that I am current employment for at least 6 months with salary details/length of employment
6 months’ payslips
Copy of my Individual Agreement?
6 months bank statements
Letter from bank when I opened my bank account

ACCOMMODATION
Letter from my parent that we will be staying with her.
Copy of a Title Deed of her property.

GENUINE RELATIONSHIP
Marriage Certificate
Photos i.e. wedding???
Utility bills showing both of our names???
Letter from the bank to show when we opened our joint bank and savings accounts???
6 months' joint bank and savings statements???
Applicant’s Dissolution Order from previous marriage

OTHER
Letter from the Court to show applicant’s criminal conviction from 10 years ago
Pre-paid self-addressed return envelope (Courier Bag)

Do we need to include anything else?

Thanks
Claire
Yes, old NZ passport should be included.
Applicant can write a letter of introduction too.

Copy of bio page in sponsors passport is fine. Some advise certifying it, others say it is not necessary.
Payslips and bank statements should be original or certified by the bank, either by stamping them or a letter verifying the account details.

Property inspection report would a good idea as you will be living with your mum.
Maybe a utility bill from her too.

Yes, 10-15 photos of you together covering your time together.
Joint bank statements to show relationship but not sure you need so many. Just a few to cover time together.

The rest looks OK to me.
Old May 10th 2016, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

amritajbij87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello I want to apply for a spouse visa- my partner is Kenyan and I am the British sponsor. He lives in Kenya we are married for 2 years now I have been working for the last 6 months in uk and my salary is over 18.6k.

Please advise on how to carry out the applications as we want to do it ourself.
I've spoken to a few solicitors and they intend to charge £900/£950 for all the paperwork to be in order.

Please can anyone advise me.

I'm new on here and would love some feed back!
Old May 11th 2016, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amritajbij87
Hello I want to apply for a spouse visa- my partner is Kenyan and I am the British sponsor. He lives in Kenya we are married for 2 years now I have been working for the last 6 months in uk and my salary is over 18.6k.

Please advise on how to carry out the applications as we want to do it ourself.
I've spoken to a few solicitors and they intend to charge £900/£950 for all the paperwork to be in order.

Please can anyone advise me.

I'm new on here and would love some feed back!
This post needs to be moved to its own thread as it is currently nothing to do with the thread it has been attached to.
Old May 12th 2016, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Samanthapreston is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently trying to get together all my documents to apply for my spousal visa.

I am confused.
Do I need to have my husband (sponsor) original birth certificate? And also do I have to provide mine?
Also the copy of my partners passport, does that need to be signed by an official?

Now to the financial requirements
Do I as the applicant need to provide proof of job offers?
As I am currently living in New Zealand do I need to provide anything from my current employment?
Or is it purely my partners payslips and the sponsorship form that he is required to fill in that I need to provide?

Please help me!
Samantha