Uk Spouse Visa Beginner

Old Jun 17th 2017, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk Spouse Visa Beginner

Originally Posted by fuzz007
Hi im a uk citizen and my wife ( pakistani national) - we are going to apply for spouse visa -so she can settle in the UK eventually.

I am rather confused about the process.

She would like to come to the UK around the end of december - therefore if i apply for the visa e.g. 2-3 months in advance - how can we ensure she can travel here at the end of the december ( provided the visa process is successful?). if its granted -does she need to travel within 30 days BEFORE the target /specified date in the form?. how long does it take?.

is applying at the start of sept - safe for a travel date - at end of december?.

also- how to i show my whats app call history?

many thanks
Please stop multiple postings.
Old Jun 17th 2017, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

chandni is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If your marriage was legal in Kenya, then it's legal in the UK.

Thank you BritInParis.
You are always very helpful.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

I'm putting together my Cover letter and so is my sponsor.
I shall later post them both up on here for your advice.
Was wondering. who do I dress the Letter to?
Old Jun 19th 2017, 2:34 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chandni
Hi all,

I'm putting together my Cover letter and so is my sponsor.
I shall later post them both up on here for your advice.
Was wondering. who do I dress the Letter to?
To Whom It May Concern is fine.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
To Whom It May Concern is fine.
Ok. Thank you
Old Jun 19th 2017, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Balrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks A lot BritInParis,
I will put a generous amount of evidence and I shall avoid overdoing it.
I had a question:

I have uploaded my university degree, transcripts and letter of proof that my course was in English onto the UKNARIC service to get certified for my english language as that is an option.
They responded with the below:

Dear Sir / Madam,

The English level for this qualification is currently under research; once a Visas and Nationality statement can be issued for your award, a letter will be sent to you.

Please note that where additional research is required, we are unable to provide any estimate of timeframes to complete research, because we are reliant on being provided with information by third parties (in most cases your institution). The timeframe for a research case may take up to three months.

Please be aware that your application will remain on hold until we receive confirmation from you that you agree to the research process.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

UK NARIC

QUESTION 1: Do you think its advisable to wait or Should i sit for the IELTS in June instead?

QUESTION 2: If IELTS is the way forward, Should I register for IELTS life skills A1 OR IELTS life skills B1?

Thank you again
Hi Chandni

It seems that UK NARIC is often not the best way forward for English language requirements. It costs about the same as an IELTS test, life skills A1 which is all you need to be taking. Also about burden of proof on relationships. I have just finished submitting the following, so you can use that as guide.

Marriage certificate, emails, Facebook chat history and call logs, what'sapp chat and call log since 2015. Travel tickets for trips taken together and hotel bookings. I also included an Amazon orders page showing gifts I have sent to the husband for Valentine's Day etc. some cards and notes we wrote, flower delivery receipts that he had bothered to save (whew), and some cards I got from his mother and sister. I did all this because the burden of proof for some nations is severe thanks to a high level of fraud. Especially in marriages they think of as intercultural.

So many people are also submitting boarding passes. In the Indian context some visas have been rejected for lack of showing boarding passes. I found this out on another immigration board. I did not submit Any as we didn't have any. Also some hotel booking only have my husband's name on them plus one. But the flights are the same so we hope that will work as evidence. Apparently, the UKVI guys don't think just having a ticket is proof of meeting, one must show that the flights have been boarded.

You can use this list to tailor your own application. While some advise that less is more, I have found that in the Indian applicants' case more is also not enough. I'm freaking out about the lack of boarding passes for instance.
Old Jun 24th 2017, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Balrog
Hi Chandni

It seems that UK NARIC is often not the best way forward for English language requirements. It costs about the same as an IELTS test, life skills A1 which is all you need to be taking. Also about burden of proof on relationships. I have just finished submitting the following, so you can use that as guide.

Marriage certificate, emails, Facebook chat history and call logs, what'sapp chat and call log since 2015. Travel tickets for trips taken together and hotel bookings. I also included an Amazon orders page showing gifts I have sent to the husband for Valentine's Day etc. some cards and notes we wrote, flower delivery receipts that he had bothered to save (whew), and some cards I got from his mother and sister. I did all this because the burden of proof for some nations is severe thanks to a high level of fraud. Especially in marriages they think of as intercultural.

So many people are also submitting boarding passes. In the Indian context some visas have been rejected for lack of showing boarding passes. I found this out on another immigration board. I did not submit Any as we didn't have any. Also some hotel booking only have my husband's name on them plus one. But the flights are the same so we hope that will work as evidence. Apparently, the UKVI guys don't think just having a ticket is proof of meeting, one must show that the flights have been boarded.

You can use this list to tailor your own application. While some advise that less is more, I have found that in the Indian applicants' case more is also not enough. I'm freaking out about the lack of boarding passes for instance.

Hi Balrog,

Thank you for your message.
i had applied with UK Naric in may and still waiting. If it takes too long then ill just sit for IELTS in July. Thanks for the Advice.

The documents I have prepared so far for evidence of relationship

31. Marriage Certificate (Original +Copy)
32. Marriage certification from MoFA (Original +Copy)
33. WhatsApp Call logs Oct 2016 – Present
34. WhatsApp Texts May 2016 – Present
35. Emails (Gmail & Hangouts) Nov 2015 - May 2017
36. Skypes Call logs Nov 2015 – Jan 2017
37. Airbnb Booking Receipts & Reviews
38. Gift Orders & Receipts
39. Cards (Original + Copy)
40. Flight Ticket Copies Dec 2016 & may 2017
41. Boarding Passes (Original + Copy)
42. Copy of Passport Showing entry and exit from Kenya.

Just a thought could you not show entry and exit stamps on passport for evidence of visit since you have no Boarding passes.
Where are you applying from?
Old Jun 25th 2017, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

Balrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Balrog,

Thank you for your message.
i had applied with UK Naric in may and still waiting. If it takes too long then ill just sit for IELTS in July. Thanks for the Advice.

The documents I have prepared so far for evidence of relationship

33. WhatsApp Call logs Oct 2016 – Present
34. WhatsApp Texts May 2016 – Present
36. Skypes Call logs Nov 2015 – Jan 2017
42. Copy of Passport Showing entry and exit from Kenya.

Just a thought could you not show entry and exit stamps on passport for evidence of visit since you have no Boarding passes.
Where are you applying from?
I'm applying from India and yes the stamps are there on my spouse's passport and mine. So hopefully, they will make the effort to check and add up the dates. That sounds like an exhaustive list. THere is some advice that years and years of conversation may be too much for an ECO to wade through. So you may want to listen to that.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Balrog
I'm applying from India and yes the stamps are there on my spouse's passport and mine. So hopefully, they will make the effort to check and add up the dates. That sounds like an exhaustive list. THere is some advice that years and years of conversation may be too much for an ECO to wade through. So you may want to listen to that.

Hmmm....well what Iv done is taken screenshots of random chats in every month just to show consistency and conversation. I haven't given them the whole conversation. about 20pages of whatsApp chats n stuff.
when did you apply?
I hope they do. I wish you luck!
Old Jun 26th 2017, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Hey all,

Im Posting my Cover letter below, Please do give me your opinion on it.
Iv just realised that its not posting as letter.
Note: My address is on the right side of the page along with date in the actual letter.
The UKVI address is supposed to be on the left. What else would I write for the UKVi address bit?

Below is the letter:

Chandni X. X. Xxxx
No. 4, xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx, xxxxx.
Nairobi, Kenya.

Date

UKVI

Dear Sir/ Madam

Please find enclosed my visa application and all relevant documentation so I may join my husband, Samuel X. XXXXXXX, at his home in Colchester, Essex.

A mutual friend introduced Samuel and I on the evening of 10th October 2015, where we first began chatting over WhatsApp texts. Before I realised we were chatting to each other through most of the day and evenings. After about a week we attempted at the WhatsApp audio calls, which has become our favorite mode of communication to date. I found Samuel very easy to interact with; his ability to lighten the mood and sense of humor is very capturing. His caring nature is what made me fall for him. After about 6weeks of being in contact, In November was my birthday and Samuel Sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers in a vase with a cute little card.

I applied for a Tourist Visa to Netherlands in November 2015, as I was to meet some friends in January in Maastricht, Netherlands for 10days. The visa was rejected in December 2015 as I had lack of sufficient funds according to the Embassy even after my mother had in writing said she was going cover the difference for my trip. This could have been an opportunity for Samuel to meet me briefly. I was going to appeal the rejected visa but I had fallen quite ill during that time.

At the end of December 2015, I was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma (Bone cancer) on my thighbone. My family members for treatment urgently flew me to India in January 2016, which put Samuel and my plans to meet in the New Year in Kenya on hold. At this point whilst I was in India, Samuel was religiously on the phone to me every night, either talking me to sleep, comforting me or actually catching up. I received treatment in India for 7 months and returned to Nairobi, Kenya and continued treatment until September 2016. He has been so supportive through out my illness and treatment even when I looked ugly, he reassured me that I was very beautiful and that he loved me for whom I am regardless of my appearance. Finally, I was able to have visitors and so Samuel was able to book a flight ticket to come see me in December.

He arrived on 22nd December 2016 and we spent 2 days at my family home where I reside with my mother and brother. We then spent a few days through Christmas at an Airbnb booked cottage in Karen, which is on the outskirts of Nairobi. This alone time with him was what I had been looking forward to for a very long time, we were able to talk and get to spend time together after having been in contact for a very long time. At the end of the trip we came back into Nairobi for a week staying between Airbnbs and my family home, we also celebrated New years with some friends of mine. On 3rd January 2017 he went back to the UK, we were back to our texting and calling routine and I missed him very much. After having met him, the long distance relationship was harder than I would have though yet we managed to talk and remind each other everyday of our love.

In March 2017 he booked flights to come visit on 26th May 2017 in Kenya. During his visit, we celebrated Samuel’s birthday with my family and friends, he got to meet some of my family friends and experience a lot more of my culture. We resided in an Airbnb booked apartment in the city where we also decided in the spur of the moment to get married so as to eliminate the distance and be able to be with each other as soon as possible. We then went to a mosque with my immediate family and a friend and got married in a religious ceremony. Samuel left for the UK on 10th June and we’ve since been in touch everyday.

Samuel has been a very supportive and positive influence in my life. We want to travel and work to build a life together, and once we’ve settled down we want to have a few children. I am hoping to get employed eventually after getting familiar with my surroundings; I would like to work as an interior designer as I have a degree in Architecture from Malaysia.

I am hoping to depart Nairobi, Kenya on 31st October and get to Heathrow on 1st November. I will be travelling with Samuel and intend to fly on British Airways.

I have made a list of all the documents I am submitting with my application. I hope it would be useful for your reference.

• Applicant’s Documents

1. Cover Letter
2. Completed Application Form
3. Completed Appendix 2
4. Payment Receipts
5. Birth Certificate (Original + Copy)
6. Certificate of good conduct (Original + Copy)
7. Tuberculosis Medical Certificate (Original + Copy)
8. UK NARIC Certificate (Original + Copy)
9. University Degree Certificate (Original A3+ Copy A4)
10. University English Letter (Original + Copy)
11. Biometrics
12. Previous Passport
13. Current Passport
14. 2 Passport Photos

• Sponsor’s Documents

15. Complete Sponsor Form
16. Cover Letter
17. Full Passport Copy (Page 2-35)

• Financial Evidence
18. Letter from Employer
19. Contract of Employment (Original + Copy)
20. Payment Slips Sept 2016 – June 2017 (Original)
21. Letter from Bank
22. Bank Statements
23. P60 of 2017 (Original + Copy)

• Evidence of Accommodation
24. Letter from Landlord
25. Tenancy agreement (Original + Copy)
26. Property Inspection Letter (Original)
27. Property Inspection Report (Original + Copy)
28. Council Tax 2017 - 2018 (Original + Copy)
29. Water Bill June 2016 – Jan 2017 (Original + Copy)
30. Electricity & Gas Bill Jan - July2017 (Original + Copy)

• Relationship evidence

33. WhatsApp Call logs Sept 2016 – July 2017
34. WhatsApp Texts May 2016 – July 2017
36. Skype Call logs Nov 2015 – Jan 2017
42. Copy of Passport Showing entry and exit from Kenya
43. Pictures

Last edited by chandni; Jun 26th 2017 at 11:11 am.
Old Jun 29th 2017, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

Tchipy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Help regarding post #25.
I think your relationship evidence is fine and for your cover letter it should jus mention how u met,relationship course and future plans
Old Jul 5th 2017, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hello all,

My UK NARIC has come through finally!!!
I can now submit everything in the course 10days I hope.
awaiting for Now documents from Sponsor.

Any last minute advice?
Old Jul 26th 2017, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Hi all,

I have all documents set and ready. I am going to TSL to submit on 1st August. Online its submitted and Paid for.

Last minute Questions:

Question 1.
When they asked me if I have ever been rejected a visa on the online form.

I said the trurh which is "YES"
Visa qas rejected to Netherlands in December 2015 due to lack of sufficient funds.

Do you think that can give me troubles with getting a visa?

Question 2.

My husband asked the bank for 6 months bank statements from 1st Jan or 24th Jan to 24th July.

Bank said they can only give from 1st Feb to 24th July. This makes it 5 months and 24days on the statement.

Is that a problem?

Should he print the January statement he can access online?
As well as maybe from 24th to 30th July just incase?

Please please Please Advise.

Thank you all
Old Jul 30th 2017, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hey. My bhusband is also renting a flat but he has the council tax bill. I honestly cant advise you on it.
Lets ask @BritInParis. He might be able to advice better.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

mccnalatac is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you.
How to get a council tax bill?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.