Uk Spouse Visa Beginner

Old May 2nd 2017, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

chandni is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Uk Spouse Visa Beginner

Hi all.
My Fiance who is British and I whose Kenyan are getting married Early June 2017.
We wish to then apply for my Visa to move with him to Uk.

I have filled the online forms in advance but not yet submited.
I am hoping to join him around Mid September 2017.

I was hoping of help from my Fellow BE members as I'm new on here.

1. once i click on submit online and sign, it says next step would be BRP Collection Location. whats that?

2. my fiancé has an overdraft on his current account....is that a problem going to be a problem on his bank statement. We are opting for the route of GBP18,600 yearly income because he earns more than that
Also he has no savings...is that a problem

3. Can i get a good example of a cover letter for my sponsor (fiance) and applicant (myself)

4. Whats Biometric?

Thank You
Old May 3rd 2017, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk Spouse Visa Beginner

Re 2. You say your fiance earns more than £18,600. Is this in Kenya, or is he already in the UK earning this?
If he is NOT in the UK then he needs a job, starting within 3 months of landing that pays more than £18,600. don't know if the overdraft will be a problem as the rules only seem to say he must be EARNING £18,600.
Others will be along with more info. Just be patient as lots of them are still in bed!
Old May 3rd 2017, 7:31 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chandni.

Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) - you need to collect this within 10 days of arriving in the UK. It's just a little card and shows that you're in the UK legally. You'll need it for a range of things, including registering with a doctor. The location question means you need to choose where you will collect this from. It's usually a post office, and you'll be given a range of locations to choose from. Just choose the one closest to where you'll be living.

If your husband to be qualifies to sponsor you through his job income, then he doesn't have to have savings and his overdraft won't matter. He needs to make sure that the bank statements he provides you to send with your application show his salary deposits matching his claimed income.

There's no set format for a cover letter. Just write a brief summary of the history of your relationship, including shared activities/travels/finances, and you can mention meeting each others family/friends if applicable. You could write how much you're looking forward to joining your husband and living in the UK, and your husband could write how much he's looking forward to you joining him and building your life together. That sort of stuff.

You'll have a biometrics appointment as part of the application process. Biometrics is just having your digital fingerprints and photograph taken. These are then embedded in the Biometric Residence Permit you'll pick up when you arrive in the UK, in essence, your identity document.

Best of luck!

Last edited by spouse of scouse; May 3rd 2017 at 7:48 am.
Old May 3rd 2017, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by quiltman
Re 2. You say your fiance earns more than £18,600. Is this in Kenya, or is he already in the UK earning this?
If he is NOT in the UK then he needs a job, starting within 3 months of landing that pays more than £18,600. don't know if the overdraft will be a problem as the rules only seem to say he must be EARNING £18,600.
Others will be along with more info. Just be patient as lots of them are still in bed!

Hili,

Yes he lives in the UK.
Thanks a lot
Old May 3rd 2017, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Uk Spouse Visa Beginner

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi Chandni.

Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) - you need to collect this within 10 days of arriving in the UK. It's just a little card and shows that you're in the UK legally. You'll need it for a range of things, including registering with a doctor. The location question means you need to choose where you will collect this from. It's usually a post office, and you'll be given a range of locations to choose from. Just choose the one closest to where you'll be living.

If your husband to be qualifies to sponsor you through his job income, then he doesn't have to have savings and his overdraft won't matter. He needs to make sure that the bank statements he provides you to send with your application show his salary deposits matching his claimed income.

There's no set format for a cover letter. Just write a brief summary of the history of your relationship, including shared activities/travels/finances, and you can mention meeting each others family/friends if applicable. You could write how much you're looking forward to joining your husband and living in the UK, and your husband could write how much he's looking forward to you joining him and building your life together. That sort of stuff.

You'll have a biometrics appointment as part of the application process. Biometrics is just having your digital fingerprints and photograph taken. These are then embedded in the Biometric Residence Permit you'll pick up when you arrive in the UK, in essence, your identity document.

Best of luck!

Very Helpful dear.
Thanks A lot!

Was wondering....as for proof of relationship. Do I have to show all my whatsapp chats dated back to 2015 swell as call logs on Skype and whatsapp?
Old May 3rd 2017, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

smartaawan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I am also going to be applying for my wife's spouse visa from Tanzania, in the next 3 weeks. Hopefully it all goes through smoothly.

With regards to Whatsapp chats, I am doing like 2-3 screenshots for each month and same for Whatsapp calls. On top of that, I will give printouts for emails sent every month and western union remittances to my wife. I hope this will be enough but only time will tell.
Old May 4th 2017, 8:15 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget that you'll also need to include evidence that you have met in person so photographs of the two of you together, particular wedding photographs, showing your respective family and friends.
Old May 4th 2017, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by smartaawan
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I am also going to be applying for my wife's spouse visa from Tanzania, in the next 3 weeks. Hopefully it all goes through smoothly.

With regards to Whatsapp chats, I am doing like 2-3 screenshots for each month and same for Whatsapp calls. On top of that, I will give printouts for emails sent every month and western union remittances to my wife. I hope this will be enough but only time will tell.

Hi,
Ok. So few chats per month sounds like a good idea. I shall do that too. Im hoping to send in my application by mid June.
I hope all goes well for you. Please do keep me posted.
Old May 4th 2017, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Don't forget that you'll also need to include evidence that you have met in person so photographs of the two of you together, particular wedding photographs, showing your respective family and friends.

Hey.
Thabks lot...i will do that. How many pictures do you think are necessary?
Old May 4th 2017, 9:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chandni
Hey.
Thabks lot...i will do that. How many pictures do you think are necessary?
No more than a dozen. Same for social media/messaging contact. Use them to illustrate the claims you make in your covering letter. No ECO wants to wade through hundreds of pages of holiday photos or Whatsapp conversations.
Old May 5th 2017, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

No more than a dozen. Same for social media/messaging contact. Use them to illustrate the claims you make in your covering letter. No ECO wants to wade through hundreds of pages of holiday photos or Whatsapp conversations.

Thanks A lot BritInParis,
I will put a generous amount of evidence and I shall avoid overdoing it.
I had a question:

I have uploaded my university degree, transcripts and letter of proof that my course was in English onto the UKNARIC service to get certified for my english language as that is an option.
They responded with the below:

Dear Sir / Madam,

The English level for this qualification is currently under research; once a Visas and Nationality statement can be issued for your award, a letter will be sent to you.

Please note that where additional research is required, we are unable to provide any estimate of timeframes to complete research, because we are reliant on being provided with information by third parties (in most cases your institution). The timeframe for a research case may take up to three months.

Please be aware that your application will remain on hold until we receive confirmation from you that you agree to the research process.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

UK NARIC

QUESTION 1: Do you think its advisable to wait or Should i sit for the IELTS in June instead?

QUESTION 2: If IELTS is the way forward, Should I register for IELTS life skills A1 OR IELTS life skills B1?

Thank you again
Old May 5th 2017, 7:39 pm

Wait for NARIC to get back to you. Cheaper and easier to meet the English language requirement this way. 'Up to three months' is just a way to manage expectations. That's likely to be the upper end of the potential waiting time.
Old May 5th 2017, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Wait for NARIC to get back to you. Cheaper and easier to meet the English language requirement this way. 'Up to three months' is just a way to manage expectations. That's likely to be the upper end of the potential waiting time.
Ok. cool. I guess patience is my best friend for now.
Thanks again.
Have a lovey weekend
Old Jun 15th 2017, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

I have a question:

Is a Religious Marriage certificate which has been then certified by the Ministry of Foreign affairs get accepted?
In Kenya it is fully recognised by the law. thats why I'm asking.
Old Jun 17th 2017, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by chandni
Hi,

I have a question:

Is a Religious Marriage certificate which has been then certified by the Ministry of Foreign affairs get accepted?
In Kenya it is fully recognised by the law. thats why I'm asking.
If your marriage was legal in Kenya, then it's legal in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.