UK Settlement Visa from Canada Feb 2017

Old Apr 26th 2017, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

kathwill60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Settlement Visa from Canada Feb 2017

Hello, I am an dual Canadian/UK citizen who has been living in Vancouver for 18 years. I am returning to the UK with my dual UK/Canadian son and we have applied for a UK settlement Visa for my Canadian husband. We submitted our application in February and it was received at the processing hub in Sheffield on Feb 28, 2017 (8 weeks ago). We did not use the priority service. We are really hoping we'll have it and the documents returned to us by the 12 week mark. Does anyone know if they are typically done by the 12 week deadline? Is it likely to take longer than 12 weeks? Does anyone know if the Home Office is taking longer due to the many EU citizens in the UK applying for RP?

We had hoped it might have been completed by now. Any advice or anyone with experience of this have any info they can share?
Old Apr 27th 2017, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

Din230 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Settlement Visa from Canada Feb 2017

Originally Posted by kathwill60
Hello, I am an dual Canadian/UK citizen who has been living in Vancouver for 18 years. I am returning to the UK with my dual UK/Canadian son and we have applied for a UK settlement Visa for my Canadian husband. We submitted our application in February and it was received at the processing hub in Sheffield on Feb 28, 2017 (8 weeks ago). We did not use the priority service. We are really hoping we'll have it and the documents returned to us by the 12 week mark. Does anyone know if they are typically done by the 12 week deadline? Is it likely to take longer than 12 weeks? Does anyone know if the Home Office is taking longer due to the many EU citizens in the UK applying for RP?

We had hoped it might have been completed by now. Any advice or anyone with experience of this have any info they can share?
Hi, have you had any developments? I am a Canadian, married to a brit (for 15 years now, of which we lived 14 in France) and I applied in Paris 6 weeks ago with priority service. Still no news for me, wondering if Sheffield is super busy hence everyone has to wait longer...
Old Apr 27th 2017, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Din230 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Din230
Hi, have you had any developments? I am a Canadian, married to a brit (for 15 years now, of which we lived 14 in France) and I applied in Paris 6 weeks ago with priority service. Still no news for me, wondering if Sheffield is super busy hence everyone has to wait longer...
Applied for settlement of course. And we have 3 dual national kids...
Old Apr 27th 2017, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

kathwill60 is an unknown quantity at this point

Applied for settlement of course. And we have 3 dual national kids...
Hello, I have not heard anything. We had VisaLogic (a 3rd party company) complete our application on our behalf and they have assured me there is no reason to think we won't have it back by the end of the 12 week mark (at the latest). We did not do use the priority service, which I now regret.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

yes other forum timelines quoting a long time for spouse visa even with priority. it seems it has got worse, either due to more using priority or understaffing or something.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 11:58 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

I'm no expert, BritInParis will be along shortly but if you are living in Paris legally, wouldn't EEA permit be much easier, faster and cheaper?
Old May 1st 2017, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

HopefulAHK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. I am a US citizen and am also currently in the Spousal (Settlement) visa application process. I DID do Priority and am In my 6th business week of waiting [application supporting documents arrived in Sheffield on march 24] for a decision. Strangely, I have only today (May 1) received an email that my application has been received and is being prepared for evaluation. Note: I have a friend who is going through the same process, also Priority, and she received the equivalent email only 4 days after her documents were received. I called to query (2nd call since process started) and did not make much headway (agent could only confirm that the application is 'in the system.' That is also the update the I received two weeks ago when I called). I CAN confirm that both agents have mentioned how many applications there are right now, but I still think that the 12 weeks (non-Priority) is feasible.

Also worth mentioning that the agent with whom I spoke two weeks ago said that 'sometimes email updates are sent, and sometimes they aren't' while the agent today said that emails are 'rarely sent.' General inconsistency seems to reign.