UK settlement spouse visa and UKVI

Old Apr 21st 2017, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Kerwhi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK settlement spouse visa and UKVI

Hi out there, I'm Australian married 20 years, my husband British along with our two children. I applied for my settlement visa 4 weeks ago, others I've heard 6 weeks. We paid priority, why is it taking so long? We recruited 1st contact visa agency and they stated UKVI have had changes since 1/3/17. Can anyone please elaborate? My husband and children already over in UK and I'm relying on the goodwill of friends and family members to accommodate me. Thanks.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

inggris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK settlement spouse visa and UKVI

Originally Posted by Kerwhi
Hi out there, I'm Australian married 20 years, my husband British along with our two children. I applied for my settlement visa 4 weeks ago, others I've heard 6 weeks. We paid priority, why is it taking so long? We recruited 1st contact visa agency and they stated UKVI have had changes since 1/3/17. Can anyone please elaborate? My husband and children already over in UK and I'm relying on the goodwill of friends and family members to accommodate me. Thanks.
Did you pay for "priority" for service of "1st Contact" or "UKVI"?
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 5:39 am
Just Joined

We paid priority for service of UKVI that only allows you to go to the front of a queue. We thought I'd have visa well and truly by now.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kerwhi
We paid priority for service of UKVI that only allows you to go to the front of a queue. We thought I'd have visa well and truly by now.
I have read on other forums that priority is taking at least 5 weeks. maybe so many are applying for priority that they have slowed down.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Yes many UKVI paid priority applications holding up the line makes some sense, thank you.