UK Settlement(spouse) visa extreme delays and onhold

Old Oct 4th 2017, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Settlement(spouse) visa extreme delays and onhold

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I think you're misunderstanding what Mikelincs is saying. He is not saying that *you* are trying to sell fake documents, he's simply pointing out that we get many, many spammers join the forum every day who are trying to sell fake IELTS certificate, fake police certificate, fake birth certificates, etc, etc. You won't see many of their posts as we're pretty quick at deleting them, but I can assure you that an awful lot of people do join BE just for that purpose.

Background checks take quite a long time, definitely not 'just a few mins', particularly if applicants are from a high fraud country like Nigeria, Pakistan etc. Sadly the genuine applicants from those countries are affected by others who have tried to scam and fake an application, meaning that extra checks have to be done on everybody that applies. It's such a shame, but at least it ensures that most applicants that get visas are genuine (I'm sure some slip through the cracks).

Being apart is the nature of a long distance relationship, it's horrid I know, but the UK is much quicker than most countries even with the delays. I know it's no consolation when these delays are taking place, but hopefully when you're spending the rest of your lives together, it'll be a blip in the long run.

Best of luck, hope you hear soon.

I applied from India. Many from India have received within 3 months while mine is pending since more than 9 months. Are u sure with ur statement of “UK is faster than other countries even with its delays”.

I don’t think any developed country’s government having all details easily accessible will take 9 months for background checks. I never heard of India falling in the category of “High fraud risks” either. Then where does the problem lie? Being UK citizen, and having worked in immigration centre you might take their side but I would say that they have no service standard nor any consideration for applicants paying so much for their $#!t like service.

They put my application on hold after Supreme Court judgement without even checking documents provided. It was clearly mentioned that sponsor’s income was more than 27k. Instead of asking for details if they had genuinely checked and had
Doubt about it, they kept it on hold for 5 months. What clarification would you give for that? Is it not their duty to ask for more documents instead of keeping on hold. Till date I’ve never been asked for more documents which means that hold reason was completely fake.

Only the ones who are suffering will know how it feels to keep away from loved ones for this long and getting no response even after spending a lot in inquiries and solicitor, etc. It’s easy to give explanation like above when u r Sitting with your family without going through such situation.

And buddy It’s not a small blip for an orphan like me who left job thinking I’ll get visa in max 3 months. Staying alone for 9 months without family and work is not easy and it is not at all a small time. You can achieve a lot in that much. A new life comes on earth in that much time.

Instead of feeling sorry, you are taking side of monsters which is no consolation. So better stop it if you really feel for us. 🙏🏻
Old Oct 4th 2017, 12:41 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rvg1212
I applied from India. Many from India have received within 3 months while mine is pending since more than 9 months. Are u sure with ur statement of “UK is faster than other countries even with its delays”.

I don’t think any developed country’s government having all details easily accessible will take 9 months for background checks. I never heard of India falling in the category of “High fraud risks” either. Then where does the problem lie? Being UK citizen, and having worked in immigration centre you might take their side but I would say that they have no service standard nor any consideration for applicants paying so much for their $#!t like service.

They put my application on hold after Supreme Court judgement without even checking documents provided. It was clearly mentioned that sponsor’s income was more than 27k. Instead of asking for details if they had genuinely checked and had
Doubt about it, they kept it on hold for 5 months. What clarification would you give for that? Is it not their duty to ask for more documents instead of keeping on hold. Till date I’ve never been asked for more documents which means that hold reason was completely fake.

Only the ones who are suffering will know how it feels to keep away from loved ones for this long and getting no response even after spending a lot in inquiries and solicitor, etc. It’s easy to give explanation like above when u r Sitting with your family without going through such situation.

And buddy It’s not a small blip for an orphan like me who left job thinking I’ll get visa in max 3 months. Staying alone for 9 months without family and work is not easy and it is not at all a small time. You can achieve a lot in that much. A new life comes on earth in that much time.

Instead of feeling sorry, you are taking side of monsters which is no consolation. So better stop it if you really feel for us. 🙏🏻
You reply to Christmasoompa is very rude and misguided. She wasn't taking 'sides' with anyone or anything, she was explaining about the many spammers on BE, and why visa applicants from some countries face more scrutiny than others. Those things are just facts. She was also very kind and encouraging to the many people who are experiencing delays in visa processing due to Home Office poor planning and procedures.

Please don't be rude to people like this who have given so much of their time, free of charge and over many years, to many people from all over the world who want to move to another country.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You reply to Christmasoompa is very rude and misguided. She wasn't taking 'sides' with anyone or anything, she was explaining about the many spammers on BE, and why visa applicants from some countries face more scrutiny than others. Those things are just facts. She was also very kind and encouraging to the many people who are experiencing delays in visa processing due to Home Office poor planning and procedures.

Please don't be rude to people like this who have given so much of their time, free of charge and over many years, to many people from all over the world who want to move to another country.
Can’t change your perception. My response wasn’t rude either. I just mentioned facts. In most of the msgs, all I see is justification of HO actions which in actual case is not at all justifiable.

Sorry for bluntness but you can’t expect sweetness from the people who are suffering because of irresponsible behaviour of HO esp when someone is justifying the same. It’s but natural!
Old Oct 4th 2017, 1:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

To give you a comparison, here are Canada's spousal visa processing times for those from India. You'll note it's a year for those in Canada to sponsor a spouse - Check application processing times

And for the US, "at least a year" - https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyjse.../#77716c006c78. Looking at the timelines thread in the US immi marriage forum, around 10 months seems to be the norm for those from the UK.

I never heard of India falling in the category of “High fraud risks” either.
Again, using the US as an example as you mention developed countries (and frankly, my foreign language skills aren't good enough to look in to other countries processing policies!).

Which Countries Are On The USCIS High Fraud List? - US Immigration: Visa, Green Card, Citizenship

India is on their list.

I know only too well, I was in a long distance relationship for 2 years. I sympathise, but I am only trying to point out the reasons for possible delays. Whilst it's abysmal that everybody has had to wait much longer than the advertised processing times, calling the people working hard to process the backlog 'monsters' is a bit daft tbh, they are doing the best they can and it's hardly their fault there aren't enough staff.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 4th 2017 at 1:27 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

If the fraud rate was low in those countries then we wouldn't be sitting here waiting longer than expected, they have the right to take their time to vigorously check the application, they can't just grant a visa by flicking through the application and documentation. It's life for you, life was never going to be a simple ride, learn from this and come back a stronger person. I suggest you should re-read the comment you posted when you have calmed down and then apologise for the way you came across.

There are many on here that are in the same position as yourself but they take their time in coming together and encouraging others to carry on. Just wait and if the application is fine then i'm sure you will hear back this month. All the best man!
Old Oct 4th 2017, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus Christ on a moped. So much entitlement in this forum these days. If Britain and its processes are so bad it really makes me wonder why half of you want to come here!

(it's a rhetorical question )
Old Oct 4th 2017, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Jesus Christ on a moped. So much entitlement in this forum these days. If Britain and its processes are so bad it really makes me wonder why half of you want to come here!

(it's a rhetorical question )

I know it's a stressful process, but it doesn't give the right to anyone to lay in to someone else. Stuff gets said in the heat of the moment, but best to learn for them to walk away and then come back with a cooler head. I'm sure Home Office will learn from this as they know they can't get away with this fiasco any longer.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Miko786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive paid for priority for my husbands spouse visa from pakistan to join me in the uk, back in july still waiting
What should i do is this normal?
Old Oct 5th 2017, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Miko786
Ive paid for priority for my husbands spouse visa from pakistan to join me in the uk, back in july still waiting
Pakistan applicants take time to process due to high fraud rates etc. Hopefully you'll hear back this month - fingers crossed! i saw someone waited around 110 days before they got the visa - Pakistan applicant.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 4:08 am
Just Joined

Addi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Miko786
I 2 paid for priority in July n haven't heard anythng yet let me knw if u hear anythng
Old Oct 6th 2017, 4:23 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Jesus Christ on a moped.
Had to laugh at your comment including 2 wheeled transport, so very Tr1boy

Could have done with a moped last night, we're currently about 30k out of Jaipur in Rajasthan and our driver had a hell of a time getting through the sand tracks to our accommodation. Normally very unflappable, he asked 'why you like to stay in desert??'
Old Oct 7th 2017, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Meedo7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tarunmsn1980
Hi Friends,

Has anyone waiting for settlement visa since Dec 2016 or Jan 2017 onwards ?

I have applied Settlement visa for my Wife on 14-Dec-2016 but still now no response from home office. When I called up UKVI they said my application is not straight forward.

As per the UKVI the SLA is 24 weeks for settlement visas. But the fact is it's already 28 weeks(135 working days) completed. Never seen such lengthy process. It has been more than 6 months and no result.

Type of Visa : Settlement (Spouse Visa)
Applicant Status : Indian Citizen
Sponsor Status : British Citizen
Application Submit Date : 14/DEC/2016
Biometrics enrolled at VFS Chennai, India: 14/Dec/2016
Supporting documents sent to Sheffield on : 03/Jan/2017
Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable): 22/Feb/2017
Received mail from UKVI stating Case not straight forward : 03/Mar/2017
Application Status on 27th July 2017 : Awaiting Decision.

Anybody in similar situation.
Had anyone approached solicitor/lawyer in UK?
Had anyone approached sheffield homeoffice directly.
can you guys please update me your timelines who are waiting more than 5 months?

Best Regards
Tarun
Hay dear did you got the visa my timeline is same with you
Old Nov 11th 2017, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Eng2017 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I am British originally frm India. Applied for my wife's visa from ahmedabad, india on 31st july 2017, received not straight forward email on 19 Oct 2017, called the enquiry line but got the same message that it's still in process, ours was a standard application which says 12 weeks processing time...Now I am regretting why i didn't go for the premium one...
Any ideas on how long the standard applications are taking at the moment...

Thanks..
Old Nov 11th 2017, 11:14 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eng2017
Hi all,

I am British originally frm India. Applied for my wife's visa from ahmedabad, india on 31st july 2017, received not straight forward email on 19 Oct 2017, called the enquiry line but got the same message that it's still in process, ours was a standard application which says 12 weeks processing time...Now I am regretting why i didn't go for the premium one...
Any ideas on how long the standard applications are taking at the moment...

Thanks..
Premium times are very similar to standard processing at the moment due to the huge backlog. Not being negative just saying how it is.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Eng2017 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Premium times are very similar to standard processing at the moment due to the huge backlog. Not being negative just saying how it is.
Thank u for ur reply, this lessens my regret for not going for the premium a bit....my wife was in tears today when i spoke to her...she'd read a few post on 'immigrationboards' forum and thinks that only those who applied for premium service are getting the visas, ofcourse with delays, but there was no sign of hope for the standard ones....I guess we can't form a judgement based on a few posts...

Thanks for ur response..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.