Wrong Visa Type

Old Oct 3rd 2017, 11:53 am
Just Joined

aidy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wrong Visa Type

I emailed the IHS line to see about paying as the amount never came up on my wifes application.

They replied to say it didnt come up as they were treating it as a fiancee visa and not a spouse visa and asked if this was wrong.

Quite clearly this is wrong, and the documents back this up, is it going to be much of a hassle for them to change this now?

Anyone else heard of this before.

It looks like we clicked marriage on the application, so maybe us that did it wrong
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 2:24 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wrong Visa Type

Marriage Visitor and Fiancé/Fiancée are not the same. Which did you apply for?
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

We applied for "marriage", however it appears they are using it as a fiancee visa, I am pending their reply about it being the wrong type.

Im assuming it should of been settlement
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 2:51 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds you applied for a Marriage Visitor visa. How much was your fee and where did you apply from?
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

applied from toronto paid $1904, so a lot more than the required £87
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

I checked on the Visa4UK page at the type states "Settlement - Marriage"
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 6:51 pm

Sorry, my bad, the penny has dropped. You won't pay the IHS at this stage as the fiancé/fiancée visa is only valid for six months. You will need to pay it when you apply for FLR after you wed.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

this is it, we are married, they even asked for and took a copy of our marriage certificate at the visa centre
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Yes looks like you applied for Marriage visa (6 months to allow you to get married in the UK) rather than a spouse settlement visa.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 9:05 pm

If your wife is the applicant and you wanted a spouse visa then you should have applied for 'Settlement->Settlement->Wife'.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

well i understand this, however the website was far too vague.

I know this was the problem, however I was looking to see how it can be changed.

Also i find it strange that the visa centre was specifically asking for copies of the marriage certificate
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 9:15 pm

When did you submit your documents?
Old Oct 6th 2017, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

so it was done on august the 10th.

However we maybe lucky as we had an email today advising that the IHS fee has not been paid and to pay it by the 13th Oct.

So maybe someone has changed the visa type!
Old Oct 11th 2017, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

so just to update everyone on this,

I got in touch with UK V&I, and they changed the visa type for us, and have now issued the spouse visa, so worked out great!
Old Oct 11th 2017, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

That is great! Sometimes they can be so nice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.