UK Settlement Applications 'Pause'

Old Sep 15th 2017, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Benjamin Kwartengsnr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Settlement Applications 'Pause'

hi am a minor in Ghana. my brother and I submitted our visa application with the assistance of our uncle on 28th April 2017 and since then we havent heard about anything and I saw online that the process has been paused so I wanted to know how long would they take in court before continuing with the process
Old Sep 15th 2017, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you're happy to take a refusal then it would be far better to just withdraw. At least then you won't be a refusal in your immigration history.
Sorry if this is a dumb question (or multiple dumb questions). In my case UKVI have said "they continue to work on my application" but can't provide a timeline for completion. It was submitted priority on 24 April, received same day, "awaiting decision" from sometime in early May according to Contact Centre, then assigned to ECO on 12 August. They never said the word "pause" to me. I met the financial requirement via cash savings and used a reputable and experienced migration agent who has done these applications since the financial requirement came in.

So my reading of the tea leaves is that I can't be in the first group as I meet the financial requirement. But then the second group is the "falling for refusal" group. How can I be in that group if the ECO hadn't even assessed my application?

Reading the new rules, if I was in the second group I would definitely be refused as my wife is a dual citizen (Aussie) so UKVI would just effectively say "stay where you are". I'm pretty sure they would have record of her Australian passport back when she got it originally. I remember her having to send her Aussie passport with her "old blue" to get her name changed. On the marriage certificate and daughter's birth certificate it also would say we're all Aussies.

I'm not up to 24 weeks yet - that's early October. But if I haven't got a decision by then, we need to really start weighing our options up as I'm on long service leave and don't want to waste it sitting at my parents home watching the world go by. Although we got the processing not straightforward email when I escalated at 12 weeks. So does the 24 week timeframe even apply seeing its part of the published service standards?

Anyone have any clue in which limbo zone I'm in cos UKVI certainly won't tell me or MP.

Edit: forgot to mention. Migration agent has watched the traffic flow with her other clients. We were essentially leapfrogged. I'm the only client with a kid still awaiting decision from April in their caseload. And I'm driving her bonkers (I will be nominating her for sainthood when I'm done).

Matt.

Last edited by mattthefat; Sep 15th 2017 at 10:10 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benjamin Kwartengsnr
hi am a minor in Ghana. my brother and I submitted our visa application with the assistance of our uncle on 28th April 2017 and since then we havent heard about anything and I saw online that the process has been paused so I wanted to know how long would they take in court before continuing with the process
Hi Benjamin

Looks like we're in a similar boat from a process and timing point. The hold was lifted on 10 August. But no idea what that means for either of us. I might have a bit more info than Benjamin, but anyone have any clues?

Matt
Old Sep 17th 2017, 11:50 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattthefat
Sorry if this is a dumb question (or multiple dumb questions). In my case UKVI have said "they continue to work on my application" but can't provide a timeline for completion. It was submitted priority on 24 April, received same day, "awaiting decision" from sometime in early May according to Contact Centre, then assigned to ECO on 12 August. They never said the word "pause" to me. I met the financial requirement via cash savings and used a reputable and experienced migration agent who has done these applications since the financial requirement came in.

So my reading of the tea leaves is that I can't be in the first group as I meet the financial requirement. But then the second group is the "falling for refusal" group. How can I be in that group if the ECO hadn't even assessed my application?

Reading the new rules, if I was in the second group I would definitely be refused as my wife is a dual citizen (Aussie) so UKVI would just effectively say "stay where you are". I'm pretty sure they would have record of her Australian passport back when she got it originally. I remember her having to send her Aussie passport with her "old blue" to get her name changed. On the marriage certificate and daughter's birth certificate it also would say we're all Aussies.

I'm not up to 24 weeks yet - that's early October. But if I haven't got a decision by then, we need to really start weighing our options up as I'm on long service leave and don't want to waste it sitting at my parents home watching the world go by. Although we got the processing not straightforward email when I escalated at 12 weeks. So does the 24 week timeframe even apply seeing its part of the published service standards?

Anyone have any clue in which limbo zone I'm in cos UKVI certainly won't tell me or MP.

Edit: forgot to mention. Migration agent has watched the traffic flow with her other clients. We were essentially leapfrogged. I'm the only client with a kid still awaiting decision from April in their caseload. And I'm driving her bonkers (I will be nominating her for sainthood when I'm done).

Matt.
It's a perfect storm. The repatriation of partner settlement processing to Sheffield and the Supreme Court decision leading a 'pause' in processing applicants with dependent children came at the same time meaning there is now a huge backlog to get through. All service standards have basically gone out of the window. That you now have an ECO is a good thing but it will depend on how many applications he or she has to get through first before getting to yours.

P.S. There's nothing on the certificates you mentioned that would confirm anyone's status as an Australian citizen or not. The Home Office won't know your spouse is an Australian citizen unless you have told them or provided a document that confirms her citizenship, e.g. citizenship certificate or passport.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks much. I take it there's no way to know where I am in the queue? I paid priority processing but either it was ignored or counts for nothing. I've told them till I'm blue in the face and followed all their instructions to ensure priority. Just don't know how long I should be planning my future for here! Quite frustrating when you see decisions going through when your supposed to be ahead of so many others.

Re citizenship - maybe it's my dodgy memory then. I was sure her Aussie passport went to HMPO when she changed names. But sounds like I'm probably in the "not paused, but waiting a bloody long time" limbo queue.

Your sage advice is appreciated.

For mine and Benjamin's from Ghana's sake, I hope it's as short a wait as possible.

Matt
Old Sep 17th 2017, 12:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks much. I take it there's no way to know where I am in the queue? I paid priority processing but either it was ignored or counts for nothing. I've told them till I'm blue in the face and followed all their instructions to ensure priority. Just don't know how long I should be planning my future for here! Quite frustrating when you see decisions going through when your supposed to be ahead of so many others.
Other than be patient there's not much more you can do now. Since most people opt for priority processing it doesn't actually help all that much.

Re citizenship - maybe it's my dodgy memory then. I was sure her Aussie passport went to HMPO when she changed names. But sounds like I'm probably in the "not paused, but waiting a bloody long time" limbo queue.
If she sent her Australian passport off to HMPO when she renewed her British passport then they will be aware that she's a dual citizen although that will have little bearing on this application.

For mine and Benjamin's from Ghana's sake, I hope it's as short a wait as possible.

Matt
Fingers crossed for the both of you
Old Sep 17th 2017, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Matt
It looks like all the applications with kids are held longer. Were you affected by the IHS system error when applied? In my case it was 0 when we applied then near the 60th working day, they sent a non-straight forward email, not long after that an email requested us to pay IHS for the child and we did promptly.
At that time I thought we would get the decision soon but it has been a few weeks since.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

According to BiP's advice I've observed elsewhere, it should be 0 for my daughter. She's a biological child of a British citizen so has indefinite leave to enter if I understand his advice correctly.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Benjamin

Looks like we're in a similar boat from a process and timing point. The hold was lifted on 10 August. But no idea what that means for either of us. I might have a bit more info than Benjamin, but anyone have any clues?

Matt
so you mean they have started With the processing already

in fact when will all the visas be given out cause it's has really kept long

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 17th 2017 at 9:36 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

so you mean they have started With the processing already

in fact when will all the visas be given out cause it's has really kept long
Hi Benjamin

They should have started processing by now, but it would probably be worth dropping the UKVI Contact Centre an email to chase up where things are up to, and if no news follow up with your sponsor's MP.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

OK... my fingers are crossed just hope things work out hurriedly
Old Sep 19th 2017, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

OK... my fingers are crossed just hope things work out hurriedly
so does it mean we should wait for 60 work again from the day the hold was lifted or what
Old Sep 26th 2017, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

MissOwl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone.

On another forum I read, a while back, someone was told that people on hold should receive decisions withing 12 weeks from 10th of August. I assume this means that all that time pause was in place simply doesn't count, but then again, this is weird, because some people have recieved the "on hold" email way later than the 60-day mark. I recieved mine on 57th working day, hoping to get a decision early November, wishful thinking that is, ha.
P.S. If you haven't received the Supreme Court judgment email then it's highly unlikely you were on hold.