UK Settlement Applications 'Pause'

Old May 23rd 2017, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Settlement Applications 'Pause'

Can anyone remember if there was a similar 'pause' before the rules were changed in July 2012?
I wonder if this pause might be:-
a) a blanket pause affecting all applications
b) applied before any increase in financial requirements, as announced in the manifesto last week.

Awful if this is the case, for us all, me an my family included as I hope to get our application in next week. :-(
Old May 23rd 2017, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I was not around on any forums before the rules changed in 2012 but I would think it highly presumptuous to pause applications in case the Conservatives win and put up the financial requirements. In any case that would take time to implement.

Are they really pausing ALL applications? I am on about four forums and will look out for any successful applications and report back here. We have to remember it is not just a matter of literally meeting the financial requirements. Sometimes people are sure they meet them but miss out a crucial back statement or payslip, or apply under the wrong category, or do not send in original or certified documents. So even though they are earning over and above the required amount, they will be told they do not meet the requirements.

Then, of course, sometimes UKVI make a mistake and their decision has to be reviewed or appealed.
Old May 24th 2017, 10:35 am
Just Joined

ukrainia is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you really think that suddenly half of applicants started to miss important documents proving their financial situation or providing wrong ones?
Come on
Old May 24th 2017, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know! Is it half the applicants who have been 'paused'? I see some on another forum being issued with visas so it is obviously not everyone.
Old May 24th 2017, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michali
I don't know! Is it half the applicants who have been 'paused'? I see some on another forum being issued with visas so it is obviously not everyone.
No it is not everyone.
I found this link from someone who had made a freedom of information request about the 'pause' in April 2017. here is an extract. Full details on link.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque..._to_pause_sett

'Following the hand-down of the Supreme Court judgment in MM (Lebanon) & Others on 22 February, the Home Office implemented a temporary hold on all income threshold and child-related refusals under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules, to ensure that we acted lawfully in light of the
judgment. '
Old May 26th 2017, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

adi16 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is very worrying, I'm all ready to submit my application next week. I'm just waiting for May payslip which I will receive any time next week most probably Monday/Tuesday.
Should I hold my application or go ahead and submit it next week?

Advise please
Old May 26th 2017, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angie_329
No it is not everyone.
I found this link from someone who had made a freedom of information request about the 'pause' in April 2017. here is an extract. Full details on link.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque..._to_pause_sett

'Following the hand-down of the Supreme Court judgment in MM (Lebanon) & Others on 22 February, the Home Office implemented a temporary hold on all income threshold and child-related refusals under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules, to ensure that we acted lawfully in light of the
judgment. '
This confirms what I said on May 20, that the 'pause' seems to relate to where children are involved and the finance requirements not met ......
Old Jun 5th 2017, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

Priyap81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swilliams1
Thanks for the reassuring reply. That would make sense. I hope that what I have read elsewhere is coming from frustrated applicants and is not reliable.

I also hope that their limbo doesn't last long as this 'pause' must be a terrible situation to be in - perhaps ultimately better than an outright refusal.
Hi, The pause and reasons are not very clear. I hold british nationality and have lived and worked in UK for 8 years. I work for a renowed investment bank and earn more than 65k gbp annually. However my husbands visa is on hold. He applied on 12th January and received a mail on 7th march about this pause. HOME OFFICE has not returned his passport and despite of repeated emails and calls tbe response is same that the category is on pause.

I also raised it via my local MP, but the response is same. They acknowledged to MP that application is received and on hold and that they cannot provide any ETA.

We have also bought a flat here and now do not know what is goiing to bethe visa outcome.
EVERYTHING HAS COME TO STANDSTILL FOR US.

So just to be clear even if you meet your requirmement there is risk of visa being on hold.

Worst is you cannot plan or travel...

My suggestion is do not apply unless the Home office clearly states the rules or lifts the pause.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

..... and yet, on this forum and others, applicants who submitted applications in February and March 2017 are telling us they have got approval .........
Old Jun 6th 2017, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

swilliams1 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Freedom Of Information requirement has been answered :

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...applications_o

There are many reports here and on other forums of people who are absolutely certain they do meet the minimum income requirement and no children are involved. Unless they have all made an error in their calculations, this response is not particularly satisfying.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

avivbr is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone knows how long they can hold the applications with no decision? I read posts from people that UKVI has their application and passport for over 8 month without a decision?

Is it anything that can be done legally? Is there a law that UKVI is breaking? or is it just service standards that they aim to meet and if not then nothing happened?

Can the British sponsor take UKVI to court to demand a decision?
Old Jun 27th 2017, 10:39 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avivbr
Does anyone knows how long they can hold the applications with no decision? I read posts from people that UKVI has their application and passport for over 8 month without a decision?

Is it anything that can be done legally? Is there a law that UKVI is breaking? or is it just service standards that they aim to meet and if not then nothing happened?

Can the British sponsor take UKVI to court to demand a decision?
The alternative would be a refusal.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The alternative would be a refusal.
Refusal is far better than holding applications. At least upon refusal you can plan your life accordingly and perhaps start working on alternative plans.
When they are holding the application they are forcing me to be in a limbo state without knowing when it will be over.
Needless to say, while UKVI is holding the application they still keep my passport. This is just not fair and there is nothing I can do besides withdraw my application.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 9:45 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avivbr
Refusal is far better than holding applications. At least upon refusal you can plan your life accordingly and perhaps start working on alternative plans.
When they are holding the application they are forcing me to be in a limbo state without knowing when it will be over.
Needless to say, while UKVI is holding the application they still keep my passport. This is just not fair and there is nothing I can do besides withdraw my application.
If you're happy to take a refusal then it would be far better to just withdraw. At least then you won't be a refusal in your immigration history.
Old Jun 29th 2017, 7:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you're happy to take a refusal then it would be far better to just withdraw. At least then you won't be a refusal in your immigration history.
Don't get me wrong, if the choice is between refusal and holding your application and your passport for 6 month and then refusal, I would take the former any day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.