Uk Police Check?

Old Mar 25th 2001, 10:12 am
honey

I applied for a police check and got the record back but it doesn't have a list of
previous names that have been searched on it, so how does this satisfy the INS at the
interview? I was told by a British Lawyer that it should have had a list of names on
it that had been searched for proof for the INS and when I asked the Police
Identification service people they said that it doesn't matter how many previous
names or maiden names you have searched by them, the document comes to you with only
one name, example, the name I am using now and the name I got a conviction in , if
different. So how does the INS know that you have asked for all your previous names
to be searched for the police check if the names are not put on the report that is
sent back to you? Also, the I 130 requires that you show how any previous marriages
ended, in the UK we don't have spouses names on the death certificate so is it still
appropriate to show only the death certificate to prove that one marriage has ended
or will they want the marriage certificate too? Thanks Donna.

Old Mar 25th 2001, 10:35 am
Alvena Ferreira

honey wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >

I would provide a copy of the marriage certificate for any previous marriages,
however they ended. This is generally a requirement, as I understand it.

alvena marriage visa pages at: http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes