UK Man AUS Wife Info needed thanks.

Old Jan 9th 2018, 2:55 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Man AUS Wife Info needed thanks.

Originally Posted by monjue
Thank you for your reply again. I believe i will be working for at least 6 months here before we plan to apply. Regarding my wife's ancestry, i will get back to you on that in a moment, shes just contacting her mum to find out exactly who places where and when. Regarding this, how can this be of any help? I'm curious as i thought only your parents could help if they were born in the UK/Ireland or Europe? Can you please give me more info on why you ask? thank you!
If you intend to pursue the SS route then that would be a wise course of action.

Your wife's recent ancestry may entitle her to a passport or visa that may be easier to obtain than going down the spouse immigration or SS routes.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

monjue is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking at the UK.Gov site regarding Ancestry visa, it looks like she would have to have a grandparent born in the UK, this we can not confirm. We can only confirm Great grandparents were born in the UK. For us the Ancestry visa would be much better but it looks like with great grandparents its not possible?
Old Jan 9th 2018, 3:55 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the UK.Gov site regarding Ancestry visa, it looks like she would have to have a grandparent born in the UK, this we can not confirm. We can only confirm Great grandparents were born in the UK. For us the Ancestry visa would be much better but it looks like with great grandparents its not possible?
A UK Ancestry visa would require at least one grandparent born in the UK. A grandparent born on the island of Ireland would entitle her to register as an Irish citizen and apply for an Irish passport which means no restrictions whatsoever on her ability to live in the UK. Other EU/EEA passports are possible depending on the country involved.

Can her parents not confirm where their parents were born? It would be listed on her parents' birth certificates if they were born in Australia.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Ok understood. Because the time difference in Australia at the moment her mum wont see the message we sent until later. Then we can confirm her grandparents birth locations. ill report back later. Thanks again for your info.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 9:13 am
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

I took some time out to help my step dad because unfortunately my mum died. The original reason we left Australia was to be closer to my mum as she was not well. We could not move directly to the UK because my wife is non EU, but we learned Spain allowed my wife to live here relatively easily compared to the UK.

Looking back at what you wrote was not very nice to read. I really hope you don't assume so much about people on a regular basis? Everybody has their own story. Hopefully you can learn something from this for next time.
Ok so 'looking after family' was the answer. No need to take it so personal. You completely ignored BiP question about what you were doing with your time and as it turns out its an important issue, not working for so long.

I was just looking at how how whoever reviews your application will look at it.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 10:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by az2014
Ok so 'looking after family' was the answer. No need to take it so personal.
Of course there's a need to take it personally, when the way you asked was 'So for 9 months you've been in Spain the whole time doing nothing just sitting at home while your wife goes to work?'.

If you'd said 'out of interest, what have you been doing if not working', then it wouldn't have been taken personally - do you really not see the difference?

Please remember to be kind to all posters, thx.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
A UK Ancestry visa would require at least one grandparent born in the UK. A grandparent born on the island of Ireland would entitle her to register as an Irish citizen and apply for an Irish passport which means no restrictions whatsoever on her ability to live in the UK. Other EU/EEA passports are possible depending on the country involved.

Can her parents not confirm where their parents were born? It would be listed on her parents' birth certificates if they were born in Australia.

Ok, so All grandparents were born within Australia. So we will take the ss route no problem. By the time we apply I'm sure there won't be any issues.
Thanks again for your replies and help.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by az2014
Ok so 'looking after family' was the answer. No need to take it so personal. You completely ignored BiP question about what you were doing with your time and as it turns out its an important issue, not working for so long.

I was just looking at how how whoever reviews your application will look at it.
Yes you are right 'looking after family' ... sorry, how stupid of me.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Of course there's a need to take it personally, when the way you asked was 'So for 9 months you've been in Spain the whole time doing nothing just sitting at home while your wife goes to work?'.

If you'd said 'out of interest, what have you been doing if not working', then it wouldn't have been taken personally - do you really not see the difference?

Please remember to be kind to all posters, thx.
Thank you.