UK Man AUS Wife Info needed thanks.

Old Jan 7th 2018, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

monjue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Man AUS Wife Info needed thanks.

Hi All,

I hope I am in the correct place to ask some questions. Any help to me would be very grateful.
Ok, Im sure this has been asked a million times before regarding wanting to bring my Australian wife back to the uk.

This is our profile...

We have been married for 4 years. We got married in the UK. We moved from Australia to Spain nearly 2 years ago. We both have Spanish recidencia. My wife is working on a 18 hour per week contract. Im currently not working. We are both over 30 years old.

My questions are, what are our options to move to the UK? I know the SS method and I know the Minimum income requirement route. I was wondering if because we have been married for 4 years anything changes? Also my family home is in a trust for me but I suspect when I receive this I may never get to live in it?

Any advice would be wonderful thank you.. I can also provide more info if needed.

Thank you.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 10:17 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Man AUS Wife Info needed thanks.

If you've both been living in Spain for two years then the SS route would be the way to go. You mention you are not currently working - what have you been doing?
Old Jan 7th 2018, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply. I have been working, but at this moment I'm not. I shall start again soon!
Old Jan 7th 2018, 11:30 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Approximately how long do you predict the gap will be?
Old Jan 8th 2018, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Its been 9 months so far.. my savings need topping up again soon!
Old Jan 8th 2018, 4:02 pm

What have you been doing with your time? You'll need demonstrate that the 'centre of your life' was moved to Spain in order for your wife to qualify for the SS route.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Yes i understand this. I have my residencia since i arrived 2 years ago, I have a rental contract, i own my own car, i have nominas for when i was working here, my wife has a current contract. I believe all this will prove we legitimately live here and have integrated into society wouldn't you think?
Old Jan 8th 2018, 6:34 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monjue
Yes i understand this. I have my residencia since i arrived 2 years ago, I have a rental contract, i own my own car, i have nominas for when i was working here, my wife has a current contract. I believe all this will prove we legitimately live here and have integrated into society wouldn't you think?
So for 9 months you've been in Spain the whole time doing nothing just sitting at home while your wife goes to work?
Old Jan 8th 2018, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by az2014
So for 9 months you've been in Spain the whole time doing nothing just sitting at home while your wife goes to work?
I took some time out to help my step dad because unfortunately my mum died. The original reason we left Australia was to be closer to my mum as she was not well. We could not move directly to the UK because my wife is non EU, but we learned Spain allowed my wife to live here relatively easily compared to the UK.

Looking back at what you wrote was not very nice to read. I really hope you don't assume so much about people on a regular basis? Everybody has their own story. Hopefully you can learn something from this for next time.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 8:13 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I took some time out to help my step dad because unfortunately my mum died. The original reason we left Australia was to be closer to my mum as she was not well. We could not move directly to the UK because my wife is non EU, but we learned Spain allowed my wife to live here relatively easily compared to the UK.

Looking back at what you wrote was not very nice to read. I really hope you don't assume so much about people on a regular basis? Everybody has their own story. Hopefully you can learn something from this for next time.
You're right, everybody has their own story. Sorry that you got that kick in the guts on here
Old Jan 9th 2018, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You're right, everybody has their own story. Sorry that you got that kick in the guts on here
I agree! Please disregard any unfriendly comments! We are generally a kind and helpful bunch of people here!
Old Jan 9th 2018, 1:38 pm

The criteria for the processing of SS applications has tightened considerably recently. The length of time that you have resided in Spain is to your advantage but not having worked for nearly half that time may go against you. It may be necessary to work again for a period of time. When were you thinking of returning to the UK?

You mentioned your wife is Australian. Does she have any recent British, Irish or other European ancestry? Parents, grandparents or great-grandparents?
Old Jan 9th 2018, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your reply again. I believe i will be working for at least 6 months here before we plan to apply. Regarding my wife's ancestry, i will get back to you on that in a moment, shes just contacting her mum to find out exactly who places where and when. Regarding this, how can this be of any help? I'm curious as i thought only your parents could help if they were born in the UK/Ireland or Europe? Can you please give me more info on why you ask? thank you!
Old Jan 9th 2018, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
thank you.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by michali
I agree! Please disregard any unfriendly comments! We are generally a kind and helpful bunch of people here!
and thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.