U.K Citizen with pregnant American girlfriend.

Old Feb 21st 2012, 3:57 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.K Citizen with pregnant American girlfriend.

If she is going to be coming to UK to you, make sure you apply for her before April as the rules will be changing. From the looks of it you will have to prove you have an income above a set amount, sort of like coming to the US, she will have to prove she can support you or have a joint sponsor who can (like her parents) Also if you are moving her to UK and marrying, doesn't she have to be older? I thought the minimum age was 21 or something like that.
Just being nosy and you can ignore this one, but are you only 17/18 also?
Old Feb 21st 2012, 4:04 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Don't think it should be ignored. Depending on the state, he may be crossing into age of consent issues.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

The parents sent a 17-year-old over to the UK for 6 months to stay with her boyfriend...what are their thoughts about the way this has panned out?
Old Feb 21st 2012, 4:43 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
The parents sent a 17-year-old over to the UK for 6 months to stay with her boyfriend...what are their thoughts about the way this has panned out?
I'd be spitting mad, and not very nice to the **** who got her up the spout.
I have an 18 year old and would kick his ass if he get his GF pregnant, totally screwing up both his and her plans for the future.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 4:51 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for clarifying that.

Somebody who's pregnant with only a high school education (she is a high school graduate?) is going to have a hard time finding a job that will support a family of three. So, although we know little about you and your situation in the UK, it sounds reasonable that you emigrating to the USA should be Plan B.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by robert m.
No. Not rejected. She wants to come here and do just that, she's done about 2 months worth of research on it.

Thing is, by May she'll be 18, which means she can attempt to come back here. She's still currently looking for work, and a place to support herself eventually. We still have a couple days to confirm whether or not she's absolutely pregnant, but if i go over there, its plan B to be honest with you.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Tokyo-Joe is just really niceTokyo-Joe is just really niceTokyo-Joe is just really niceTokyo-Joe is just really niceTokyo-Joe is just really niceTokyo-Joe is just really niceTokyo-Joe is just really niceTokyo-Joe is just really niceTokyo-Joe is just really nice

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Somebody who's pregnant with only a high school education (she is a high school graduate?) is going to have a hard time finding a job that will support a family of three. So, although we know little about you and your situation in the UK, it sounds reasonable that you emigrating to the USA should be Plan B.
I was wondering about that, too. If she's still only 17 in February, I think it's unlikely (not impossible, just unlikely) that she has already graduated from high school, unless she graduated earlier, or got bored with the whole thing and did a GED to get out early (I had a cousin who did that, and went on to be very successful). If the girlfriend is not a HS graduate, it's going to be a very tough go in the US, in my opinion.

To the OP, I wish you all the best. I suggest you wait for confirmation on the pregnancy, and then have a deep, long discussion with your girlfriend and your families and take it from there. The immigration process is going to take time anyway; rushing headlong into it while you have so much to think about is probably not a good idea.

All the best.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Gillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Why hasn't she just done a pregnancy test. You can buy them at any chemist!
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Don't think it should be ignored. Depending on the state, he may be crossing into age of consent issues.
And I think the US imposes an AoC of 18 for its citizens overseas. OP needs to be very careful - he could potentially be in a lot of trouble.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

robert m. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
If she is going to be coming to UK to you, make sure you apply for her before April as the rules will be changing. From the looks of it you will have to prove you have an income above a set amount, sort of like coming to the US, she will have to prove she can support you or have a joint sponsor who can (like her parents) Also if you are moving her to UK and marrying, doesn't she have to be older? I thought the minimum age was 21 or something like that.
No no. I'm 21 years of age. UKBH site said that the minimum age is 18, along with marriage certificates, bank statements, proof of the address of which we would be staying etc. They put her on a 2 year spouse visa, immigration would check up on us every so often, and we would need proof to show we we're obviously living together, such as bills in our names, or billed to her with my last name etc.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Her state is age 16 for consent, we already checked into it long before I ever went over to visit her.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Her parents were upset she was deported, as they believe in our relationship. I proved to be trustworthy within the 46 days I stayed with them in their house while visiting her, and this was her decision.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Thanks for clarifying that.

Regards, JEff
Yes. She was homeschooled from 2005 until 2011, in which she attempted to go to her local highschool to be tested to get into their classes so she could go on into her senior year and graduate with possibilities of nabbing a few scholorships *if possible*
She's an A student through all her courses, before home schooling and after, and the highschool refused to allow a home schooled pupil into their school. She enrolled in a k-12 online school so she could possibly reach for a better success, but since k-12 was new to her state, there weren't as many teachers there as there could've been, only 2 contacted her and the others failed to send any messages to her about her homework or assignments. So obviously they weren't getting the correct assignments back, although she was introduced to each and every one of them online in a conference between them all, her grades began to slip, which shocked her parents because she had almost NEVER failed anything before. They obviously grounded her and such, but when they looked into it themselves they found that the teachers weren't keeping up with her, and when calling, they asked, "Which student is that? I've never met her before."
So her parents pulled her from the school.
A G.E.D teacher from her local highschool got into contact with her, and discussed things over with her. When she realized that a G.E.D is the same equivilency to a diploma, she took the offer. Within 4 months she achieved her G.E.D with flying colors, which was in last October of 2011.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robert m.
Her state is age 16 for consent, we already checked into it long before I ever went over to visit her.
Yes, but I think I saw somewhere that the US imposes an AoC on its citizens travelling overseas of 18, irrespective of whether the local, or the US citizen's state's AoC is lower.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rpjs
Yes, but I think I saw somewhere that the US imposes an AoC on its citizens travelling overseas of 18, irrespective of whether the local, or the US citizen's state's AoC is lower.
That is true, but it also depends on the other countries AoC. If she isn't a prostitute, which she's not, then its legal because in the U.K, 16 is the U.S's 18.

"Anyone who transports a minor (under 18) to another state or country for the purpose of having that
person engage in any kind of sexual "business", such as prostitution, has violated this code and committed a crime."

Now, I'll tell ya how this all played out. We got back from the detention facility, and not that very night, but the next we engaged. I myself didn't bring her to the U.K to do such things, I have no interest in any of the sort unless SHE brings it up. I'm not the type of guy who pushes on his gf to have sex. That's just not how I go about. I find it very rude, and demeaning. And as unbelievable as it sounds, it was completely her idea in the first place, which I agreed to later.

http://www.avert.org/age-of-consent.htm#

Also, if you come across the readings you found that stated that AoC must be over 18 for U.S citizens, I'd love to read it and inform myself.
We didn't go to the U.K to just have sex. We went so we could be together, finding out that being in different countries is much harder than we thought.

We've been together for 2 years.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rpjs

Tourists from the United States
Under the PROTECT Act of April 2003, it is a federal crime, prosecutable in the United States, for a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien, to engage in illicit sexual conduct in a foreign country with a person under the age of 18, whether or not the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident alien intended to engage in such illicit sexual conduct prior to going abroad. For purposes of the PROTECT Act, illicit sexual conduct includes any commercial sex act in a foreign country with a person under the age of 18. The law defines a commercial sex act as any sex act, on account of which anything of value is given to or received by a person under the age of 18.[42] Before congressional passage of the Protect Act of 2003, prosecutors had to prove that sex tourists went abroad with the intent of molesting children—something almost impossible to demonstrate. The Protect Act shifted the burden, making predators liable for the act itself. Penalties were doubled from 15 years in prison to 30.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_sex_tourism

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.