Travelling visa to UK if your spouse is British

Old Dec 14th 2017, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Victoria Kours is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Travelling visa to UK if your spouse is British

Good morning,

My husband and I are planning to visit UK(We live in Cyprus). I had a look in GOV.UK, what kind of visa I need, but still not sure either Family permit, Surinder Singh or Standard Visitor. I also text to the help centre and they say that they can not advise anything.

That is why I would like to ask if somebody knows which visa I need to apply in this case.

I would appreciate any help and thank you in advance.
Old Dec 14th 2017, 9:16 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling visa to UK if your spouse is British

Which passport do you hold? How long have you been living together in Cyprus? Do you or your husband work in Cyprus?
Old Dec 14th 2017, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I am Russian Citizen. We have lived in Cyprus over 1 year. We both work. I have Residence Card, but unfortunately Article 8.

I was thinking to apply for Surinder Singh, but I am not sure if it is valid just for a visit?

Thanks a lot for your time.
Old Dec 14th 2017, 9:47 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victoria Kours
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I am Russian Citizen. We have lived in Cyprus over 1 year. We both work. I have Residence Card, but unfortunately Article 8.

I was thinking to apply for Surinder Singh, but I am not sure if it is valid just for a visit?

Thanks a lot for your time.
An EEA Permit via the Surinder Singh route is valid for just a visit but as it can also be used to settle in the UK then your application will be placed under greater scrutiny. The SS route also has different requirements regarding your husband's residence in Cyprus, i.e. he will have to prove that he has 'moved the centre of his life' to Cyprus. You may find it easier to apply for a standard visitor visa. You will still need to provide evidence that your visit to the UK is genuine by demonstrating that you have a life in Cyprus to return to and that you are not trying to settle in the UK, e.g. employment, accommodation, family, etc..

Last edited by BritInParis; Dec 14th 2017 at 10:41 am. Reason: Typo
Old Dec 14th 2017, 10:10 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much for your reply. It is really helpful.