Supporting Documents Question

Old Dec 17th 2017, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

yzion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Supporting Documents Question

Hi Guys,

New member, looking for some advice urgently. Applying for a spousal visa from Israel for my wife.

In order to send supporting documents, they need to be sent to a PO Box. Apparently most couriers (DHL, Fed Ex etc) do not send to PO Boxes because they can't get a signature there.

Did anyone else have this issue? How did you guys get your supporting documents to them?

Thx.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 12:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supporting Documents Question

Sending your documents by EMS via Israel Post would be an option.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

yzion is an unknown quantity at this point

It is but i don't trust israel post. They are notoriously unreliable. We decided today to DHL it to our to our lawyer, who will then resend it via royal mail express. It basically won't get to Sheffield until Friday, and then we have christmas and boxing day to deal with.

This has all delayed us about a week and a half at least. I will fly back to London with my older son and my wife will be here waiting for 2-3 weeks for the expedited coming back.

Do you guys know if its 15 days from the time they start reading the application, or from the day it arrives in sheffield.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 1:33 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yzion
It is but i don't trust israel post. They are notoriously unreliable. We decided today to DHL it to our to our lawyer, who will then resend it via royal mail express. It basically won't get to Sheffield until Friday, and then we have christmas and boxing day to deal with.

This has all delayed us about a week and a half at least. I will fly back to London with my older son and my wife will be here waiting for 2-3 weeks for the expedited coming back.

Do you guys know if its 15 days from the time they start reading the application, or from the day it arrives in sheffield.
It's from the date of your appointment however I would treat the 15 days that TLScontact quote with caution. I don't know what the current processing times are for settlement visas lodged via Tel Aviv as it's not listed as one of the options on the Home Office's website.

It's also 15 working days so the Christmas and New Year holidays in the UK will mean you will lose at least four working days over the next couple of weeks.