Supporting Documents Query - too "light"?

Old Sep 11th 2017, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

YXY1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Supporting Documents Query - too "light"?

Hi everyone, I just submitted my (Settlement - Wife) application last week and I wished I had chanced upon this forum before that!
We have been married for 6 years and have 2 children

I started to feel a little worried upon reading through the threads because it now seems that our supporting documents might have been a little "light"

We submitted these documents:

1. Appendix 2
2. My passport
3. Our marriage certificate (we got married in the UK)
4. My payslips (I'm currently employed in Singapore)
5. Employment Letter issued by my employer
6. My husband's payslips (He is also currently employed in Singapore but will leave for the UK in Oct)
7. Employment Letter issued by his employer
8. My husband's employment contract in the UK (starting in Nov)

We now realized that perhaps we should have included a copy of my husband's and the kids passports, some utilities bills that show both our names and the tenancy agreement in the UK.

Does anyone know if the officer will make requests for further clarification or will it be an outright rejection?

Should I cancel the application and do a new one?

Any advice will be very much appreciated! Thanks!
Old Sep 11th 2017, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Tchipy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Supporting Documents Query - too "light"?

Originally Posted by YXY1984
Hi everyone, I just submitted my (Settlement - Wife) application last week and I wished I had chanced upon this forum before that!

I started to feel a little worried upon reading through the threads because it now seems that our supporting documents might have been a little "light"

1. Appendix 2
2. My passport
6. My husband's payslips (He is also currently employed in Singapore but will leave for the UK in Oct)

We now realized that perhaps we should have included a copy of my husband's and the kids passports, some utilities bills that show both our names and the tenancy agreement in the UK.

Does anyone know if the officer will make requests for further clarification or will it be an outright rejection?

The officer will request further evidence before rejection so make sure you ready because you omitted important documents.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 6:13 am
Just Joined

catindahat is an unknown quantity at this point

Some countries and nationalities need TB test and English test certificate as well.

If you're from those countries, please arrange your test as early as possible so you have them ready in scan format, when they ask you.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by catindahat
Some countries and nationalities need TB test and English test certificate as well.

If you're from those countries, please arrange your test as early as possible so you have them ready in scan format, when they ask you.
Thanks but think TB testing is not required if from Singapore.
Oh for the English requirement, I submitted my Law degree certificate (graduated from the UK).

My main concern is whether they will contact me for further clarifications and any idea how soon they will contact me?
Old Sep 11th 2017, 7:13 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

1. Appendix 2
2. My passport

Which category did you specify to meet the financial requirements?

Your employment and income is not relevant, only your husband's (sponsor's)

Did you submit bank statements that showed deposits matching the amounts in your husband's pay slips?
Old Sep 11th 2017, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Hi spouse of scouse

Category A - My husband's income from his new job (starting in nov) will more than satisfy the financial requirements.

We did not submit any bank statements.

Oh man, should I cancel my application and redo it? Feeling very worried now

Last edited by YXY1984; Sep 11th 2017 at 7:25 am.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 10:23 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi spouse of scouse

Category A - My husband's income from his new job (starting in nov) will more than satisfy the financial requirements.

We did not submit any bank statements.

Oh man, should I cancel my application and redo it? Feeling very worried now
I'll say up front that I'm not across the rules nearly as well as some other posters, such as Brit in Paris and SanDiegogirl. But based on the info you've provided, your husband won't meet the criteria for Category A. He would need to have been working in the UK in a job that meets the income requirements for at least 6 months before he could sponsor you.

Depending on his employment situation and salary during the past 12 months, it's possible he would meet the requirements for Category B. You need to have a good read of the rules as they apply to each category, here https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf

Ask more questions if you need to, but best if you started a new thread with a more relevant title - you'll get more specific help that way. Best of luck.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Ok, based on the link - we are category B

On the application form it's Part 3B, category A

Sorry for the confusion.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, based on the link - we are category B

On the application form it's Part 3B, category A

Sorry for the confusion.
in that case you have omitted to send proof of his income (including bank statements) over the last 6 months (12 months if not all with the same company).

Also looks like you haven't given any supporting documents proving that you are in a real relationship.

As others are mentioned they will ask you for these missing documents. Guess that will delay your application.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
in that case you have omitted to send proof of his income (including bank statements) over the last 6 months (12 months if not all with the same company).

Also looks like you haven't given any supporting documents proving that you are in a real relationship.

As others are mentioned they will ask you for these missing documents. Guess that will delay your application.
Our marriage certificate is insufficient? And we have 2 children...!

Delay better than an outright rejection I guess...
Old Sep 11th 2017, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Our marriage certificate is insufficient? And we have 2 children...!

Delay better than an outright rejection I guess...
yes marriage certificate is insufficient. very easy to get married. doesn't prove you are a real couple.

did you send copies of the children's birth certificates showing you both named as parents?

We submitted my wife's application last week. We've been married for 9 years and she's had 6 uk visit visas in that time. After taking time to read posts on this forum I prepared a document with annotated photos of our time together (5 years of that was in Singapore) including photos of her with my parents and me with her family in her country. I also included copies of flight and hotel bookings over the years. Always better to send more than is required.

For sure they will also need a copy of the tenancy agreement and the Landlord's approval for your wife to live there.

Suggest you spend some decent time reading through this forum and prepare in advance for any request that comes from UKVI.

Good luck and hope it goes smoothly.