Supporting Documents List and Questions

Old Jul 18th 2015, 8:22 am
Just Joined

roninnico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Supporting Documents List and Questions

Hello All,

Some great advice on this forum, but I had trouble finding a complete list of recommended documents to submit and how to submit them. I'm sure you've seen a lot of these lists but can I ask if what I have is ok:

Forms:
VAF4A Form (printed off after filling in online)
VAF4A Appendix 2 Financial Requirements
Other Appendix?
Health Payment receipt from online payment

Information about spouse:
Wife's Japanese Passport
Wife's old Japanese passports
Passport photos (x2?)
Japanese Marriage certificate (does this need to be translated? can we do it? does it need to be hague stamped or anything? no one at any of the japanese offices had seemed to have heard of the hague stamp)
Letter from the owner of the bar where she works (should this say she's leaving to move to uk? taking a break? what else should it include? can it be in Japanese then we translate it?)

Evidence of english language:
UK university degree certificate (original)

Financial Requirements:
Monthly statements of savings from uk bank in my name in two accounts (Instant Access ISA and Savings account) (This is on bank headed paper, but not stamped or signed, do they need to be? It is also missing one month because they stopping sending them, do I need to get this missing month somehow?)(The last statement will have to be sent express after the 6 month period is up)
- About a month into the period I moved money from one account to the other, in the same bank, it was instantaneous (disappeared from one screen appeared in the other) so it never dipped below the threshold but will they accept this? or will they see it as having dropped?
Letter from bank detailing how long I've held the account (can this say "he will of held 65000 by this date" or will I just have to send it as fast as possible to Japan after the 6 months date?)

Details of accommodation:
Letter from parents saying she can stay
official copy of deed of the house (does this need to be original? the deed people seemed really to not want to give it to us)

My details:
Letter from my (unpaid/voluntary) employer?
Birth certificate (original)
Letter saying I will support her? (what should this include?)
Photocopy of passport

Proof of relationship:
Pictures of us together (we didn't have a wedding so no photos of that, is that a problem? How many?)
E-mails (how many?)
Letters/cards to each other (how many?)
^Japanese marriage certificate as above (presumably I don't need another copy of this?)
Do we need letters from friends/family?

Prepaid envelope to return everything (can this be any company?)

All of these bound with paper clips or string not staples. Page numbered. Do I need a cover page or title page for sections? a contents page even?

My wife will obviously have to apply largely by herself as she is in Japan alone so just to clarify what she has to do:

Apply online on day (day after?) 6 months of savings is reached. Pay visa fee (800+) and health fee (400+?).
immediately arrange day to submit supporting documents (is this part of the above process?) and hope that last bank statement and letter from bank arrives in time.
Later, take all the above documents to somewhere (british embassy?)
Wait and hopefully receive 30 day visa.
Come to UK and get card.

Have I missed anything?

Sorry for the wall of text! Thank you so much in advance for any help.

If its possible to create a list of documents needed and how to submit them ( a numbered bullet pointed how-to) it might be worth pinning it for others to see. I know we already have that for the financial stuff, but I also find all the rest of it a bit overwhelming and worry about missing something!
Old Jul 20th 2015, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Supporting Documents List and Questions

Sorry guys I realise it's a lot of text, but does no one have any suggestions?

Or have I missed something obvious like a link to a wiki or a previous post or something?

Thanks for any advice any of you could provide.
Old Jul 20th 2015, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You must translate the Japanese marriage certificate (and anything else which is in Japanese)

You should obtain the missing statement.
Old Jul 20th 2015, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Thank you SanDiegogirl.

Do you know can we translate it ourselves? Or do we have to get some kind of "official" translation?

Last edited by roninnico; Jul 20th 2015 at 6:40 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2015, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roninnico
Thank you SanDiegogirl.

Do you know can we translate it ourselves? Or do we have to get some kind of "official" translation?
You need to have it officially translated and signed by the authorised translator.