Supporting documents confusion

Old Feb 3rd 2018, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Chezdon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Supporting documents confusion

Hello,

I'm somewhat confused by the supporting documents.

My wife is in Brazil and I have been working here in the UK.

I'm pretty sure I have what I need to supply covered;

6 months payslips
letter from employer
6 months bank statements
accommodation stuff
cover letter

Now she has the marriage certificate. I was of the impression that she sent whatever she has (application form, passport photos etc) to the center in Brazil and I would send what I have to Sheffield. I can't find info on this anywhere. I found a VFS website for Brazil but that didn't help much.

Also, do we have to submit our actual passports as supporting evidence or just scanned copies (of each page??).

Some of this process is so vague it does my head in.

Thanks.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 5:37 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supporting documents confusion

I would send everything to your wife so she can submit it at her biometric appointment.

She will need to provide her original passport; you only need provide a copy of your bio-data page.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

I see. This is what I hate about the whole process, it's so ambiguous. How is anyone supposed to know that short of coming to a forum and getting help?

So she does the application online, books a biometric appointment, and as soon as she applies she has to get those documents handed in in 28 days (my financial stuff)?
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 6:04 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chezdon
I see. This is what I hate about the whole process, it's so ambiguous. How is anyone supposed to know that short of coming to a forum and getting help?
The information is available online; it's just not very user-friendly.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/brazil/english/index.html

So she does the application online, books a biometric appointment, and as soon as she applies she has to get those documents handed in in 28 days (my financial stuff)?
She'll need to have all the supporting documents with her when she goes for her biometric appointment so bear that in mind when booking.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

I'm sure there's a service that gets them to Rio in a decent time but with Brazil you can never be sure. Might even get stolen. Sigh.

Well it says it'll tell you where to send your documents when you apply. I'm just not sure whether we can both send bits and pieces or one person needs to have everything.

Thanks for your help matey.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Chezdon
I'm sure there's a service that gets them to Rio in a decent time but with Brazil you can never be sure. Might even get stolen. Sigh.

Well it says it'll tell you where to send your documents when you apply. I'm just not sure whether we can both send bits and pieces or one person needs to have everything.

Thanks for your help matey.
If you look at the VFS site it says that the documents will be scanned so you won't be able to send it piecemeal. Your wife will need to have everything with her when she goes to her appointment.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Ok you the man. I'll get my shit together and send her the stuff ASAP!!
Old Feb 4th 2018, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

simonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond repute

FYI, I had to send documents to Mexico for an application and used https://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk/.....ended up booking a UPS option...cost about 20 quid and arrived in 4 days.
Old Feb 4th 2018, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, Simon. I really had no idea I had to send her all my stuff. Just have to make sure I double check I'm sending her everything...