Supporting document checklist & questions....

Old Jan 12th 2018, 12:10 am
Down & Safe

Avon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond reputeAvon81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Supporting document checklist & questions....

Hello fellow BE members

Firstly, apologies for the long post, as many of you are aware the application process is nothing if not convoluted!

Also want to say a big thanks to those members who have answered my previous questions over the last few months, your assistance has been invaluable.

If all goes to plan, we will be making our application for a spouse visa (savings route) in the next 1-2 weeks
Brief background, we're in Canada, my wife of the last 17 1/2 years (Canadian citizen) is the applicant, with me (dual British/Canadian) as the sponsor. We also have 3 dual British/Canadian children under the age of 18 accompanying us. I've been busy compiling documents & with the assistance of this great forum have come up with the following:

Applicant Documents
- Printed VAF4A online & Appendix 2
- Payment Receipts (Visa/IHS/Biometrics)
- Applicant Cover Letter
- Current Passport & previous passports [originals]
- Birth Certificate [original]

Sponsors Supporting Documents
- Sponsor cover letter
- British passport bio page (copy)
- Previous British passports (copies of bio pages)
- Birth Certificate (original)
- Decree Absolute from previous divorce (original)

Relationship Supporting Documents
- Marriage Certificate (original)
- Children’s British Passports (copies of bio pages)
- Children’s Birth Certificates (copies)
- Family photos through the years
- 2-3 utility bills in joint names at same address [originals]
- Wills - 1st page of each of our wills [copies]

Financial Supporting Documents
- Bank statements (6 months) [originals, stamped]
- Bank letters (authenticating the statements and balance, originals, on bank stationery, signed)
- Declaration of Source of Funds

Accommodation Supporting Documents
- Land Registry Deeds (in my parent’s names) [prints of the official copies issued by Land Registry]
- Council Tax Statement 2017/18 (in my parents’ names) [original]
- Utility Bill (in my parent’s names) [original]
- Property external & internal photos
- Letter from landlords (my parents) where we will be staying initially

- COPIES - A4 copies of everything above – 2 sets

If anyone sees any glaring omissions to the above, or if I've listed copies of something that should really be originals, I'd be most grateful if they'd post.

A couple of questions came to mind that I've been unable to find the answers to on the forum:

(i) I have an adult British citizen son from my previous marriage that will be listed on the VAF4A appendix 2 question 1.27 (asks about children of the sponsor). He lives & works in Germany - is it necessary to include any documentation pertaining to him (e.g. birth certificate)?

(ii) Do I need to include copies of my current & previous Canadian passports?

Thanks in advance!