Supporting docs from Sheffield time frame?

Old Feb 26th 2018, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Auswifey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Supporting docs from Sheffield time frame?

Hi all,

I have to send all my supporting docs to Sheffield. Does anyone know when they will send the docs back to me... is it usually when the visa is approved or could it be before a decision is made?
I need my husbands birth certificate back ASAP to apply for my daughters British passport that’s why I’m asking

I have my biometric appointment this week and will send all the docs straight after the appointment.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 9:31 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Supporting docs from Sheffield time frame?

They should be returned at the same time a decision is made. If you need another copy of your husband's birth certificate and he was born in England or Wales then you can order one from the General Register Office.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
They should be returned at the same time a decision is made. If you need another copy of your husband's birth certificate and he was born in England or Wales then you can order one from the General Register Office.
Ah yes thank you, good point I should just order another one!
Cheers!!
Old Feb 27th 2018, 3:44 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auswifey
Ah yes thank you, good point I should just order another one!
Cheers!!
No worries. If you're in Australia then opt for the more expensive priority postal service otherwise it will take weeks to reach you.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

BritinParis,

Question for you, I’ve applied for the spouse visa with one dependent as we haven’t got my daughters British passport yet, we have one for my son. Is this the right way to go? I’ve made a note in my application that we are applying for one for her so by time of departure she will no longer be classed as a dependant but understand at time of application she isn’t a brutish citizen as such.
I’m applying through cash and have enough to satisfy including one dependent so I’m assuming that’s the only difference in my application I need to account for?

Have I done the right thing?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 27th 2018, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Auswifey
BritinParis,

Question for you, I’ve applied for the spouse visa with one dependent as we haven’t got my daughters British passport yet, we have one for my son. Is this the right way to go? I’ve made a note in my application that we are applying for one for her so by time of departure she will no longer be classed as a dependant but understand at time of application she isn’t a brutish citizen as such.
I’m applying through cash and have enough to satisfy including one dependent so I’m assuming that’s the only difference in my application I need to account for?

Have I done the right thing?

Thanks in advance
It's best to wait to wait until you have passports for all children travelling before making a spouse application however it's not a showstopper providing the passports arrive in time for your 30 day window to travel.

Your daughter is a British citizen - citizenship enables you to hold a passport, a passport doesn't confer citizenship - so you shouldn't have included her in your calculations to meet the financial requirements in Appendix 2. If you have, but you still meet the financial requirements for a spouse plus one dependent child, then it shouldn't make any practical difference.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute

Our documents were returned 10 days after submitting them to Sheffield. That was applying for a settlement visa last month.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Invisible
Our documents were returned 10 days after submitting them to Sheffield. That was applying for a settlement visa last month.
And you applied from Australia?
Old Feb 27th 2018, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute

And you applied from Australia?
No we applied from SE Asia with documents to be returned to UK address.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 4:56 pm

No we applied from SE Asia with documents to be returned to UK address.
May not necessarily be the same case for the OP then.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

May not necessarily be the same case for the OP then.
Indeed.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 5:09 pm

Indeed.
Thanks for advising though. The procedures for settlement visas are all over the shop at the moment so it's good to let the OP know.
Old Feb 27th 2018, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Fashon is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife collected supporting documents today that was mailed to her also today makes day 59 since I've done biometrics so basically this is the 12th week. I applied from Jamaica. This is so nerve wrecking. Should I think about emailing them to find out the status of visa?
Old Feb 27th 2018, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

It's best to wait to wait until you have passports for all children travelling before making a spouse application however it's not a showstopper providing the passports arrive in time for your 30 day window to travel.

Your daughter is a British citizen - citizenship enables you to hold a passport, a passport doesn't confer citizenship - so you shouldn't have included her in your calculations to meet the financial requirements in Appendix 2. If you have, but you still meet the financial requirements for a spouse plus one dependent child, then it shouldn't make any practical difference.
Thank you so much BritInParis, you've clarified dual citizenship for me and that's certainly eased my mind. I was stressing they could deny my application because we didnt have her passport but hopefully it wont be an issue.
I have also purchased another birth certificate for my husband via the link your provided and i should receive it in a few weeks so ill be able to apply for her passport way sooner than the visa decision.
Cheers for your help and advice once again!!
Old Feb 27th 2018, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Wow that was quick! Have you received a decision on the visa yet?

I have my biometrics tomorrow then sending off the docs in the afternoon. I wish the process was quicker

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.