Sufficient Documentation?

Old Sep 24th 2017, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

nevard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sufficient Documentation?

My partner recently submitted their application for a fiance visa and initially I wax quite satisfied that we should make the cut as I am easily within the financial requirements and they are from the US, but of course as I wait paranoia is beginning to set in and I am second guessing the amount of documentation we sent compared to some other people's accounts.

The website claimed that "it is not usually necessary to send instant messaging chat logs" and the like so we did not, nor did we send any photographic evidence.
Based on the list below do you think what we provided would be sufficient?

What we provided was:

The application
Appendix two
Biometric receipt
Two passport photos
Passport
Six months of payslips
Signed joint lease on apartment
Email from local council about wedding requirements
Receipts for past three years of plane visits (three uk to us, three us to uk)

It feels like we should have included more "fluffy" evidence like photos or written statements even though these are not mentioned on the application website. Do those really help?
Thanks for your assistance.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sufficient Documentation?

I think it's too late now to just submit any more evidence. you'll have to wait and see if they ask for more documents. The general advice is to include at least one page of photos etc showing you together , ideally dated. others will be along - paging BIP - with a more definitive answer. don't worry yet!
Old Sep 25th 2017, 9:57 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sufficient Documentation?

It's a good idea to include a covering letter/statement each together with 6-12 photographs of you together to cover off the 'met in person' and 'intention to live together' requirement. If you haven't then it's a bit late now but the other documents you have provided should cover it.