Submitted spouse visa in Vancouver

Old Jul 9th 2015, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Submitted spouse visa in Vancouver

So yesterday I had my biometric appointment and submitted my visa application. I was terribly stressed before hand, terrified I had left something out and totally in the dark as to how they operate here! To crown it all, the whole Island and lower mainland was blanketed with smoke from forest fires buring like crazy and the Sea Plane I was going to be taking over was cancelled and I had to take OH with me and we drove at 5.30am to get the ferry over. Needless to say we got there far too early but I was feeling so sick to the stomach that I wanted to just sit outside the office building drinking a cola!

This is some update for those Canadians following this route. Only I could go in for appointment. OH waited downstairs in lobby. I was taken into a room asked to fill in another form with ticks to say which docs were originals and one of my photos was placed on this form. I then had to fill in the DHL return form and this was a bit of a problem because they asked for phone numbers, not just my cell. I had to quickly think of a neighbour's phone number and OH work number. Then I was taken to a visa officer in another office and he was very pleasant and kind. He tried to relax me. They took my online form, another photo and the biometric form. They went online to check my application and he asked me if I had all the supporting docs. I then went behind a screen and he did the finger printing, face and signature digitally. He told me my application would take around 12 weeks. I asked about priority as I did not see it at the time of making my application. He told me it was there but I could pay now for this. The sum was $700!!! He told me he could not advise how much sooner I would get my visa for this huge sum of money! OH nearly had a heart attack when I told him! Still I had to make a decision there and then and I felt that in the grand sceme of things best to get visa quicker if I can. I then took out the large envelopes I had my supporting docs in including the Appendix 2 in but was told was not needed these envelopes as everything I had went int the DHL bag. A separate envelope was placed with my online application in, photo biometrics and passport. This was also placed in the bag. The wording priority was written across envelope and he put the receipt inside the envelope and also wrote this on the envelope containing passport and application. I had to take this envelope and drop it myself into a DHL contraption in the office and was told that was all and I could leave. I was there about an hour. They were also dealing with other people in between me who were getting visas for Scandinavian countries and other UK ones.
We then drove home via ferry (which we had to skip 2 because of no room) and got home at 9.30pm!

This morning as I opened my email, a standard letter had already come from Sheffield to say they had my application.

Settlement visas go direct to Sheffield from Vancouver but other visas and passports btw go via New York.

The waiting begins. thought I would share this so others know the drill. It is not at all like the USA, the Visa Agency basically takes care of everything.
Old Jul 15th 2015, 5:28 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitted spouse visa in Vancouver

Thank you for writing this all out in detail! Very interesting to read.

So glad you made it to the appointment in the end, and that the personnel dealing with you there were decent.

Best of luck!!!
Old Jul 16th 2015, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

yes, but waiting on DHL is long! meant to get it back tonight by end of "day" and now 9pm and no DHL. Decision quick, returning documents and what my decision is, is slow considering it is express. On a side note packed up all our worldly goods into container today! dont have much internet connection at moment
Old Jul 16th 2015, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I had been checking every day to see if you have heard! Isn't the waiting dreadful?!
Old Jul 17th 2015, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

sorry should have pm you, yes the waiting game is horrible even though you know you have ticked all the boxes and should get it you still have that little voice telling you it may not come! Dont have much internet at moment, busy cleaning up and moving out of house