Status in the UK

Old Aug 11th 2017, 11:02 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Status in the UK

Just wanting to confirm my understanding that none of the below categories are applicable to an Australian citizen living in the UK with a family of a settled person (wife) visa. Thanks.

UK BRITISH DEPENDENT TERRITORIES CITIZEN
UK BRITISH NATIONAL OVERSEAS
UK BRITISH OVERSEAS CITIZEN
UK BRITISH PROTECTED PERSON
UK BRITISH SUBJECT
Old Aug 11th 2017, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Status in the UK

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Just wanting to confirm my understanding that none of the below categories are applicable to an Australian citizen living in the UK with a family of a settled person (wife) visa. Thanks.

UK BRITISH DEPENDENT TERRITORIES CITIZEN
UK BRITISH NATIONAL OVERSEAS
UK BRITISH OVERSEAS CITIZEN
UK BRITISH PROTECTED PERSON
UK BRITISH SUBJECT
British National (Overseas) - you will have that status if you were a British Dependent Territories Citizen with connections to Hong Kong and registered to become a British National (Overseas) before Britain handed Hong Kong back to China in 1997.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If the Aussie is a straightforward Aussie (born in Australia, lived in Australia, holding Australian passport ) then none of the categories would apply to him/her.

If, as HKG3 says, having ties to Hong Kong and or living in /having parents from UK territories overseas, then they might have other "citizenship"
Old Aug 11th 2017, 6:51 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If the Aussie is a straightforward Aussie (born in Australia, lived in Australia, holding Australian passport ) then none of the categories would apply to him/her.

If, as HKG3 says, having ties to Hong Kong and or living in /having parents from UK territories overseas, then they might have other "citizenship"
Thanks SDG and HKG. It's as I thought, all are n/a.

I'm having a hell of a time trying to get a tourist visa for India, I won't go into it because it would only give you a huge headache like it has me. If anyone has the stamina and interest, the whole sorry saga is currently ongoing in the Take It Outside forum (what has p****d you off today). Cheers