Stamp4 eufam return to UK

Old Feb 28th 2017, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

andrew1p is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stamp4 eufam return to UK

First I wish to thank for all your advice here.
We just received a letter asking for more information. They want to know much of what we have already told them previously. Also, they ask
1) what uk address we lives at prior to moving to Ireland.
2) the reason we went to live in Ireland
3) how my wife (Mexican) spent her time in Ireland
4) why I (British) decided to move back to the uk from Ireland
5) any applications previously made for a visa to the uk
6) whether we lived in another country outside the EEA
7) why we made the application under the SS ruling and not under domestic UK immigration rules.

Now I think they're trying to catch us out.
Any advice you can give would be so very much appreciated. They want the answers and proof by 10the March!
Thank you
Andrew
Old Feb 28th 2017, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Answer the questions and reply by 10th March.

They are not trying to catch you out - they are, however, wanting to ensure that your move to Ireland was not to circumvent UK immigration rules. The authorities (both UK and Irish immigration)have become much more diligent with regard the SS route over the past year or so.

Hence their question why you did not apply under UK immigration rules.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

andrew1p is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand that, having read the latest guidance notes for the SS route which unfortunately came in about 2 months after we sent the application in. We didn't apply under the UK rules due to the financial requirement among other reasons including the education of one of our kids and partly due to the uncertainty of Brexit... Just like others who use the SS route
Old Feb 28th 2017, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You say that you lived and worked in ROI for 2.5 years .

I would have thought that this would be ample time to prove that you had moved your centre of life to ROI - even if your ultimate goal was to move to the UK.