Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Spouse VISA via self employed Success! - Financial Requirement section

Spouse VISA via self employed Success! - Financial Requirement section

Old Oct 17th 2017, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

soraya27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse VISA via self employed Success! - Financial Requirement section

Hi.helpful.information thx.regards the national.ins although my bf income for 2017/2018 year should add up he wouldnt have paid ni.up to he submits the return
in 2019 as under the threshold for previous years so cant produce evidence of payments. What is the way round this?thx
Old Oct 17th 2017, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

soraya27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse VISA via self employed Success! - Financial Requirement section

I am intending to apply for an espouse entry visa in 2019. Just wondering to your point how is it possible to get onto any bank statements ,bills etc of my partner as i have only been here on a tourist visa so likely not eligible under credit ref agencies etc? Thx
Old Oct 17th 2017, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soraya27
I am intending to apply for an espouse entry visa in 2019. Just wondering to your point how is it possible to get onto any bank statements ,bills etc of my partner as i have only been here on a tourist visa so likely not eligible under credit ref agencies etc? Thx
If you are entering as a spouse (ie married) then you do not need to be on joint bank statements, bills etc prior to marriage.

Not everyone lives together before marriage - you just need to show that your marriage is genuine and that your husband can sponsor you.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

tanu_nejagal is an unknown quantity at this point

It will not hurt to take both of them. It will only come helpful as you don’t wanna risk anything with home office [/QUOTE]
Originally Posted by UKFianceVisa
Regarding the self employed, with the bank statement part do you need 12 months of personal statements / business statements or both?

Can you let me know what successful applicants have done with this.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

tanu_nejagal is an unknown quantity at this point

If your spouse is acting as your sponsor all you will need is the bank statements + audited accounts for the previous years depending on what category you are applying in. As long as your partner has exceeded the earnings threshold of £18,600 it should be fine.

Originally Posted by soraya27

Last edited by tanu_nejagal; Oct 18th 2017 at 10:41 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

terry hackett is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, thanks for all the great info, one question, does the statement of accounts have to be the same as the tax year, my accountant has done it for the first full business year. We have a full year tax return and a matching SA302.

Best and thanks

Terry
Old Dec 30th 2017, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Olympus123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I ask how you got your SA302. Latest information seems to suggest HMRC no longer send out an SA302 as they have agreed with mortgage lenders that tax calculations online is evident enough.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Iniy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi friend , I am in the same situation now. I started self employed from July 2017 will submit tax return for 2017/18 on April 6th 2018...and earned more than 18600. Can I apply for a visa .? Do I need 12 months bank statement ?

Originally Posted by mrbutler88
Hi guys,

This thread as helped a lot I just have a couple of questions to ask. If I only just started as self employed but will earn over the fresh hold by April when the end of year is due can I apply for a spouse visa? Even though I have only been self employed for 6 months? Yet I would of earned more than £20k. Also is the requirements £18600 profit or income before expenses? Any help of this matter would be of great help! Thanks in advance

Adam
Old Apr 25th 2018, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

UKGirl1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emmajd
Thank you I've been trying to read it and I'm getting so confused cos of how stressed and upset I'm getting - I tried to get some advice from visa advice agencies and they have just put a downer on my situation saying it's really hard if basically be lucky to have success
Hi Emmajd, just reading thru posts now. I am director of limited company... Why will it be hard?
Old May 9th 2018, 1:05 am
Just Joined

Mona777 is an unknown quantity at this point

heya, thank you so much for your help it really was great help. Just have a quick question I’m self employed working in uk as a pharmacist- and will submit my application like mid July the last tax return I did for myself was for 16/17 but i haven’t don’t this years one from April 2017-April 2018 because still deadline end of jan 19 and I usually do it then so do they expect me to send them the one I still haven’t done ? Or is the 2016/2017 one sufficient.
im providing my financial requirement from june17-June18 in application because that’s year I made more than 18,600£. So am I submitting bank statements from June 2017-June 2018 because that’s the date of the application. I don’t understand which tax return to submit along side the bank statements and which statement they need. Can you please helpppo would be so grateful
Old Aug 29th 2018, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

RAZLON is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Spouse VISA via self employed Success! - Financial Requirement section

I have exactly the same query. Any advice from anyone on this please ?
Thanks,

Originally Posted by Mona777
heya, thank you so much for your help it really was great help. Just have a quick question I’m self employed working in uk as a pharmacist- and will submit my application like mid July the last tax return I did for myself was for 16/17 but i haven’t don’t this years one from April 2017-April 2018 because still deadline end of jan 19 and I usually do it then so do they expect me to send them the one I still haven’t done ? Or is the 2016/2017 one sufficient.
im providing my financial requirement from june17-June18 in application because that’s year I made more than 18,600£. So am I submitting bank statements from June 2017-June 2018 because that’s the date of the application. I don’t understand which tax return to submit along side the bank statements and which statement they need. Can you please helpppo would be so grateful
Old Sep 4th 2018, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Azi1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I would really appreciate it if someone can help me.

I am a British citizen and intend to get married in July 2018 in Bangladesh, I have been previously married and have 2 children's, both of whom are also British.

I am a self employed taxi driver and I have always submitted my tax returns between April - April in line with the UK's financial year.

I would like to start banking my earnings as of October 2018 and run it for 12 months until October 2019 to meet the financial requirements. In July I will travel for 5 weeks to get married and once I get back i will re-start work and start banking my income once again to make up 12 months accounts. I have not banked any of my income from the beginning of this financial year (5th April 2018).

The question is;

Can I use my October 2018 - October 2019 accounts to apply for my wife's spouse visa or does my 12 month accounts need to be within the financial year, April 2018 - April 2019?

Many Thanks
Old Sep 6th 2018, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Gunner786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Azi1981
Hi. I would really appreciate it if someone can help me.

I am a British citizen and intend to get married in July 2018 in Bangladesh, I have been previously married and have 2 children's, both of whom are also British.

I am a self employed taxi driver and I have always submitted my tax returns between April - April in line with the UK's financial year.

I would like to start banking my earnings as of October 2018 and run it for 12 months until October 2019 to meet the financial requirements. In July I will travel for 5 weeks to get married and once I get back i will re-start work and start banking my income once again to make up 12 months accounts. I have not banked any of my income from the beginning of this financial year (5th April 2018).

The question is;

Can I use my October 2018 - October 2019 accounts to apply for my wife's spouse visa or does my 12 month accounts need to be within the financial year, April 2018 - April 2019?

Many Thanks
april to april mate
Old Sep 25th 2018, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Mahes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hisco
Hi UKguy0061,
Thank you very much for your quick response! Your post and response is most helpful. However, all our documents including Company Tax return CT600 date will be May 2014-May 2015, so I thought it may be better to provide the latest accounts covering same period as CT600. I am trying to talk to help line but the line is busy and I am waiting for call back.
With help from your post, I feel that I am so close to finishing off with the massive preparation for the big day. Fingers crossed.
Hi Hisco,

I am almost in the same situation as yours, have you managed to get confirmation on whether we can use the full companies financial year (in my case from 1st Dec to 30th Nov 2018) or it should be always 6th Apr to 5th Apr 2018?).

Also, not sure, what needs to be answered on the following question under self-employment: As, SA302 will always have Apr to Apr details!!

What was the income (in GBP) from self-employment in the last financial year?
This is the income (i.e. profit), not turnover. Please provide the figure before tax and National insurance deductions. Get the figures from either form SA302 or SA300

Your help would be very much appreciated.
Please if any one else have a clarity on difference between using company full year or common financial year (6th Apr to 5th Apr) then please share the information.
Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 26th 2018, 11:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mahes
Hi Hisco,

I am almost in the same situation as yours, have you managed to get confirmation on whether we can use the full companies financial year (in my case from 1st Dec to 30th Nov 2018) or it should be always 6th Apr to 5th Apr 2018?).
Worth noting that Hisco's post was from June 2015 and s/he hasn't been on the forum for over 3 years, so are very unlikely to see your question. Hopefully somebody else can help though.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.