Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Spouse VISA via self employed Success! - Financial Requirement section

Spouse VISA via self employed Success! - Financial Requirement section

Old Dec 5th 2016, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Yuka1722 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse VISA via self employed Success! - Financial Requirement section

Im not really expert in this situation, by the way im not the owner of this thread, i just comment and also asked a few questions here before, i am from the philippines and maybe we have a different requirements needed as a spouse of a british citizen, currently we are on the process of our application and we have an immigration lawyer who is helping us . There are two types of category when your applying in self employed about financial requirements,CATEGORY F and G ,my husband and i applying in category F which is need 12 month bank statements as the tax return . Which is april to april. All i know is if your going to apply as self employed it has to be 12 month bank statements to show your self employed income and the tax return if your husband are not yet self employed and or just few months self employed i think you have to wait .. im not an expert but thats how i understand it. You can also visit the gov.uk site for the list of requirements when your applying in self employed category. Its a lot of requirements to submit.. i wish you all the best
Old Dec 5th 2016, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

Yuka1722 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse VISA via self employed Success! - Financial Requirement section

If you were going to apply as being employed and he will switch to self employed, i think there will be a problem . Coz you have to show the ongoing payment of the finacial category you will apply, before you sign the application. Thats one of the proof of ongoing work your partner have.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Zaryab143 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, i am aplicant for extend my spouse visa and my 2.5 year period going to ends in march 17 2017 and i m self employed since got visa and i earned total 28700 in year 2015/2016 and this income is gross full income before any expense or anything taken out.. i just want to know that my expens were about 11600 in that year so i m gonna left with 17100 before tax but i m not sure still what income they considered.. my full gross income or my profit income after taking expense off.. please help me bcoz i m stuck here n got no time left..
Old Jun 1st 2017, 2:09 am
Just Joined

Michonne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UKguy0061
Just wanted to post some advise for others having difficulty with the financial requirement bit of the spouse Visa if your self employed. Even though we didn't use a lawyer we still had a successful application.

My partner got her VISA using the UKBA premium service, we got a decision within 2.5hours! The premium service is £1001 total so that's £400 extra on top of the normal £601 for the postal application. In my opinion it's well worth £400 to avoid 2 months of uncertainty, nail biting and hassle. Plus if you are applying close to April you might have to reapply for the next financial year if your application gets sent back.

I'm self employed so I had to provide tons of extra paperwork but it worked out ok in the end. Here's how I did it:

For the Financial Requirement section:

- Brief letter stating the nature of you self-employment (so I created a formal letter which stated my job title, stated that my income exceeds the minimum requirement, stated when I registered as self employed with HMRC and also where to find the income on the bank statements I provided)

- Evidence of the amount of tax payable, paid and unpaid for the last full financial year (I provided 3 documents here. Firstly a print out copy of the Annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC for the last financial year. Secondly I provided a Statement of Account SA302. Thirdly I got a print out of my Tax payment calculation from HMRC. You can get all of these posted to you if you call HMRC )

- Proof of registration with HMRC as self-employed (I couldn't find my original copy of this so I phoned HMRC and they sent me out a confirmation of self-employment)

- Unique tax reference number UTR (There is no document for this but the UTR number appears on the HMRC letters so that is fine)

- Personal bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return showing that the income from self-employment has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly – need full bank statements for each month of tax year period (I have paperless banking so I had to call my bank and request paper copies of my statement between the start and end of the last financial year)

- Evidence of ongoing self-employment through evidence of payment of Class 2 National Insurance contributions (I proved 2 documents here. Firstly call HMRC and ask for a schedule of payments for Class 2 National Insurance contributions. Secondly I went to my bank and got a authorised print out (with official bank stamp) of the class 2 National insurance payments made to HMRC from the end of the last financial year to the current date.

- Unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006) (This was the final document I provided and tricky to get hold of if you do your own accounts. First of all this is just one letter, you can't get a certificate of confirmation from an accountant basically all you need do is insure that the accountant puts their credentials (ICAEW) and membership number at the bottom of the letter next to where they sign. I paid an accountant £150 for this letter but you must insure they are a fully qualified accountant member of the ICAEW (or other allowed body) otherwise the letter is worthless!! There are lots of qualified accountants in the UK that will be able to do this for you. Basically you need to provide them with your income statement calculations which you used to fill out your tax return from that they can draft you a letter containing these calculations and saying they confirm the calculations based on the information you provided them with)

So it took time to get all of the documents but we had a successful application. I recommend checking all pieces of information with a fine tooth-comb to insure no screw-ups.

Hope this helps.

Hi my husband is a self employed his title of work as sole trader and last year he exceeded the financial requirements which is £19,451 from April 2016- April 2017. Now my question is it alright for us to apply spouse visa this coming August 2017? Your answers are much appreciated TIA 😊😊
Old Jun 1st 2017, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Michonne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michonne
Hi my husband is a self employed his title of work as sole trader and last year he exceeded the financial requirements which is £19,451 from April 2016- April 2017. Now my question is it alright for us to apply spouse visa this coming August 2017? Your answers are much appreciated TIA 😊😊
Hi abigael do u have Facebook? Can i add u
Old Jun 1st 2017, 10:22 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

To everyone who's asking UKguy questions

Your questions will be seen by more members if you each start your own thread
Old Aug 10th 2017, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Emmajd is an unknown quantity at this point

My partner is self employed for and his is a limited company I'm so stressed out can someone please help me I feel defeated - are those above documents the same for someone whose self employed limited ?
Old Aug 10th 2017, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmajd
My partner is self employed for and his is a limited company I'm so stressed out can someone please help me I feel defeated - are those above documents the same for someone whose self employed limited ?
Read the following document Section 9 might apply to your situation

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf
Old Aug 10th 2017, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Read the following document Section 9 might apply to your situation

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf
Thank you I've been trying to read it and I'm getting so confused cos of how stressed and upset I'm getting - I tried to get some advice from visa advice agencies and they have just put a downer on my situation saying it's really hard if basically be lucky to have success
Old Aug 10th 2017, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Michonne
Hi abigael do u have Facebook? Can i add u
Any chance either of you could help me
Old Aug 10th 2017, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmajd
Thank you I've been trying to read it and I'm getting so confused cos of how stressed and upset I'm getting - I tried to get some advice from visa advice agencies and they have just put a downer on my situation saying it's really hard if basically be lucky to have success
You need to start your own thread and explain what your situation is.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Wahid007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello congrats for your spouse visa

I am a self employed taxi driver i want to bring my wife i just want to know what i need to do for the application.
Thnks

Just wanted to post some advise for others having difficulty with the financial requirement bit of the spouse Visa if your self employed. Even though we didn't use a lawyer we still had a successful application.

My partner got her VISA using the UKBA premium service, we got a decision within 2.5hours! The premium service is £1001 total so that's £400 extra on top of the normal £601 for the postal application. In my opinion it's well worth £400 to avoid 2 months of uncertainty, nail biting and hassle. Plus if you are applying close to April you might have to reapply for the next financial year if your application gets sent back.

I'm self employed so I had to provide tons of extra paperwork but it worked out ok in the end. Here's how I did it:

- Brief letter stating the nature of you self-employment (so I created a formal letter which stated my job title, stated that my income exceeds the minimum requirement, stated when I registered as self employed with HMRC and also where to find the income on the bank statements I provided)

- Evidence of the amount of tax payable, paid and unpaid for the last full financial year (I provided 3 documents here. Firstly a print out copy of the Annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC for the last financial year. Secondly I provided a Statement of Account SA302. Thirdly I got a print out of my Tax payment calculation from HMRC. You can get all of these posted to you if you call HMRC )

- Proof of registration with HMRC as self-employed (I couldn't find my original copy of this so I phoned HMRC and they sent me out a confirmation of self-employment)

- Unique tax reference number UTR (There is no document for this but the UTR number appears on the HMRC letters so that is fine)

- Personal bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return showing that the income from self-employment has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly – need full bank statements for each month of tax year period (I have paperless banking so I had to call my bank and request paper copies of my statement between the start and end of the last financial year)

- Evidence of ongoing self-employment through evidence of payment of Class 2 National Insurance contributions (I proved 2 documents here. Firstly call HMRC and ask for a schedule of payments for Class 2 National Insurance contributions. Secondly I went to my bank and got a authorised print out (with official bank stamp) of the class 2 National insurance payments made to HMRC from the end of the last financial year to the current date.

- Unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006) (This was the final document I provided and tricky to get hold of if you do your own accounts. First of all this is just one letter, you can't get a certificate of confirmation from an accountant basically all you need do is insure that the accountant puts their credentials (ICAEW) and membership number at the bottom of the letter next to where they sign. I paid an accountant £150 for this letter but you must insure they are a fully qualified accountant member of the ICAEW (or other allowed body) otherwise the letter is worthless!! There are lots of qualified accountants in the UK that will be able to do this for you. Basically you need to provide them with your income statement calculations which you used to fill out your tax return from that they can draft you a letter containing these calculations and saying they confirm the calculations based on the information you provided them with)

So it took time to get all of the documents but we had a successful application. I recommend checking all pieces of information with a fine tooth-comb to insure no screw-ups.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 24th 2017, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

Zulfah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope this helps.
Thank you. I need an accountant who can provide some sort if certificate of confirmation as you mentioned, any recommendation as to who I can contact please? This is really hard when we did our own accounts
Old Oct 4th 2017, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

tanu_nejagal is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Spouse VISA via self employed Success! - Financial Requirement section

I used your advice last minute and it helped me MAJORLY. Thank you man. I got my visa approved today for 30 months and I am really happy.

The only thing I would like to add is DO NOT FORGET TO ADD A PROOF OF YOUR ONGOING RELATIONSHIP WITH THE SPONSOR and ADDRESS PROOF. It can be done by showing Bank Statements (Joint accounts), Credit card statements, NHS letter, Invoices, Mortgage Statements, Utility bills etc. all originals. It should have applicants name on it and you have to give at least 6 documents each to prove your relationship and your address.

Hopefully this advice was helpful.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 1:36 am
Just Joined

UKFianceVisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Regarding the self employed, with the bank statement part do you need 12 months of personal statements / business statements or both?

Can you let me know what successful applicants have done with this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.