Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Spouse VISA via self employed Success! - Financial Requirement section

Spouse VISA via self employed Success! - Financial Requirement section

Old Jun 23rd 2016, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Sousou23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse VISA via self employed Success! - Financial Requirement section

Originally Posted by Ekow007
I used this guys advice and it helped me tremendously I successfully got my spousal visa using his tips..if anyone needs further clarification I am willing to help
Hi we are about to apply via self employed route also. I have a letter from an accountant do u mind confirming if it is ok? The accountant just wrote how much his end of year figure was.
Old Jun 26th 2016, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Ekow007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse VISA via self employed Success! - Financial Requirement section

Yes a letter from the accountant stating most importantly his professional body qualification such as ACCA,CIMA etc.Also the letter should include when he registered you as a client and what your spouse's gross taxable figure is
Old Jun 27th 2016, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Zk0331 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
My husband is self employed
He complete his full financial year from april 2015 - April 2016
His tax calculations for year 2015-2016 is £2889
1st payment £1372 due 31 January 2017
2nd payment £1372 due 31 july 2017
My Question is : he is going to apply spouse in july 2016 ,should he pay whole tax before applying application?
Need help thanks
Old Jun 27th 2016, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Zk0331
Hi
My husband is self employed
He complete his full financial year from april 2015 - April 2016
His tax calculations for year 2015-2016 is £2889
1st payment £1372 due 31 January 2017
2nd payment £1372 due 31 july 2017
My Question is : he is going to apply spouse in july 2016 ,should he pay whole tax before applying application?
Need help thanks

No it is not necessary,he pays the whole tax before the application
Old Jun 27th 2016, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Zk0331 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks alot Ekow007
Old Jun 27th 2016, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

raquelb is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on your Spouse visa. May i know how many years is it for? is it 2 yrs? or 2 1/2 yrs? thanks in advance
Old Jun 28th 2016, 12:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by raquelb
Congratulations on your Spouse visa. May i know how many years is it for? is it 2 yrs? or 2 1/2 yrs? thanks in advance
2 and a half(30 months)
Old Jun 28th 2016, 7:43 am
Just Joined

raquelb is an unknown quantity at this point

i got my BRP last week (Spouse leave to enter)and its only valid for 24 months ... i dont know if it is an error or if what...
Old Jul 26th 2016, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

mpmp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello UKguy0061!

I just started being self employed last September 2015.. Can I apply on September or shall I wait for April 2017? It says that it will take a year or 2 for self employed.

Thanks!

Pete
Old Oct 9th 2016, 3:13 am
Just Joined

mrbutler88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

This thread as helped a lot I just have a couple of questions to ask. If I only just started as self employed but will earn over the fresh hold by April when the end of year is due can I apply for a spouse visa? Even though I have only been self employed for 6 months? Yet I would of earned more than £20k. Also is the requirements £18600 profit or income before expenses? Any help of this matter would be of great help! Thanks in advance

Adam
Old Oct 13th 2016, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Yuka1722 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UKguy0061
Just wanted to post some advise for others having difficulty with the financial requirement bit of the spouse Visa if your self employed. Even though we didn't use a lawyer we still had a successful application.

My partner got her VISA using the UKBA premium service, we got a decision within 2.5hours! The premium service is £1001 total so that's £400 extra on top of the normal £601 for the postal application. In my opinion it's well worth £400 to avoid 2 months of uncertainty, nail biting and hassle. Plus if you are applying close to April you might have to reapply for the next financial year if your application gets sent back.

I'm self employed so I had to provide tons of extra paperwork but it worked out ok in the end. Here's how I did it:

For the Financial Requirement section:

- Brief letter stating the nature of you self-employment (so I created a formal letter which stated my job title, stated that my income exceeds the minimum requirement, stated when I registered as self employed with HMRC and also where to find the income on the bank statements I provided)

- Evidence of the amount of tax payable, paid and unpaid for the last full financial year (I provided 3 documents here. Firstly a print out copy of the Annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC for the last financial year. Secondly I provided a Statement of Account SA302. Thirdly I got a print out of my Tax payment calculation from HMRC. You can get all of these posted to you if you call HMRC )

- Proof of registration with HMRC as self-employed (I couldn't find my original copy of this so I phoned HMRC and they sent me out a confirmation of self-employment)

- Unique tax reference number UTR (There is no document for this but the UTR number appears on the HMRC letters so that is fine)

- Personal bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return showing that the income from self-employment has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly – need full bank statements for each month of tax year period (I have paperless banking so I had to call my bank and request paper copies of my statement between the start and end of the last financial year)

- Evidence of ongoing self-employment through evidence of payment of Class 2 National Insurance contributions (I proved 2 documents here. Firstly call HMRC and ask for a schedule of payments for Class 2 National Insurance contributions. Secondly I went to my bank and got a authorised print out (with official bank stamp) of the class 2 National insurance payments made to HMRC from the end of the last financial year to the current date.

- Unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006) (This was the final document I provided and tricky to get hold of if you do your own accounts. First of all this is just one letter, you can't get a certificate of confirmation from an accountant basically all you need do is insure that the accountant puts their credentials (ICAEW) and membership number at the bottom of the letter next to where they sign. I paid an accountant £150 for this letter but you must insure they are a fully qualified accountant member of the ICAEW (or other allowed body) otherwise the letter is worthless!! There are lots of qualified accountants in the UK that will be able to do this for you. Basically you need to provide them with your income statement calculations which you used to fill out your tax return from that they can draft you a letter containing these calculations and saying they confirm the calculations based on the information you provided them with)

So it took time to get all of the documents but we had a successful application. I recommend checking all pieces of information with a fine tooth-comb to insure no screw-ups.

Hope this helps.
Hi im so glad that i found this information its very helful but im confuse about the bank statement and payslip that my husband will submit applying self employed category F . Were planning to apply this october 2016 under category F . Im just wondering when the start of the payslip and bank statement we need to submit? Is it JANUARY 2015 to Oct 2016 where we plan to going to apply ? Or the april to april bank statement and payslips so the tax return will match the income and payment in the bank statements. Thank you i hope you can help me in my query. Because i hired an travel agency but it seems he didnt know about this so im very worried now ..
Old Oct 14th 2016, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for this helpful information . 8 have sorm question regarding in self employment financial requirments you submit. Are you under CIS (construction industry scheme?) abd receiving income through this scheme?
Originally Posted by UKguy0061
Just wanted to post some advise for others having difficulty with the financial requirement bit of the spouse Visa if your self employed. Even though we didn't use a lawyer we still had a successful application.

My partner got her VISA using the UKBA premium service, we got a decision within 2.5hours! The premium service is £1001 total so that's £400 extra on top of the normal £601 for the postal application. In my opinion it's well worth £400 to avoid 2 months of uncertainty, nail biting and hassle. Plus if you are applying close to April you might have to reapply for the next financial year if your application gets sent back.

I'm self employed so I had to provide tons of extra paperwork but it worked out ok in the end. Here's how I did it:

For the Financial Requirement section:

- Brief letter stating the nature of you self-employment (so I created a formal letter which stated my job title, stated that my income exceeds the minimum requirement, stated when I registered as self employed with HMRC and also where to find the income on the bank statements I provided)

- Evidence of the amount of tax payable, paid and unpaid for the last full financial year (I provided 3 documents here. Firstly a print out copy of the Annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC for the last financial year. Secondly I provided a Statement of Account SA302. Thirdly I got a print out of my Tax payment calculation from HMRC. You can get all of these posted to you if you call HMRC )

- Proof of registration with HMRC as self-employed (I couldn't find my original copy of this so I phoned HMRC and they sent me out a confirmation of self-employment)

- Unique tax reference number UTR (There is no document for this but the UTR number appears on the HMRC letters so that is fine)

- Personal bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return showing that the income from self-employment has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly – need full bank statements for each month of tax year period (I have paperless banking so I had to call my bank and request paper copies of my statement between the start and end of the last financial year)

- Evidence of ongoing self-employment through evidence of payment of Class 2 National Insurance contributions (I proved 2 documents here. Firstly call HMRC and ask for a schedule of payments for Class 2 National Insurance contributions. Secondly I went to my bank and got a authorised print out (with official bank stamp) of the class 2 National insurance payments made to HMRC from the end of the last financial year to the current date.

- Unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006) (This was the final document I provided and tricky to get hold of if you do your own accounts. First of all this is just one letter, you can't get a certificate of confirmation from an accountant basically all you need do is insure that the accountant puts their credentials (ICAEW) and membership number at the bottom of the letter next to where they sign. I paid an accountant £150 for this letter but you must insure they are a fully qualified accountant member of the ICAEW (or other allowed body) otherwise the letter is worthless!! There are lots of qualified accountants in the UK that will be able to do this for you. Basically you need to provide them with your income statement calculations which you used to fill out your tax return from that they can draft you a letter containing these calculations and saying they confirm the calculations based on the information you provided them with)

So it took time to get all of the documents but we had a successful application. I recommend checking all pieces of information with a fine tooth-comb to insure no screw-ups.

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

janine993 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello you seem really knowledgeable with this so i just wanted to ask you a few questions. My fiance is a British citizen and I am from Trinidad and we have started the process of getting a spouse visa (ie. we've been in contact with a consultant). In august he had to move back to the UK from Trinidad (due to his expat contract ending) and started working for a company in England. He is currently being paid through an umbrella company but due to various reasons would like to start being paid directly from the company which would make him have to switch to self employed. We plan to get married in April/May and have our documents submitted around that same time. How would it affect the financial requirements if he goes ahead and does the switch to self employed?

Last edited by janine993; Dec 5th 2016 at 12:25 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Where are you from?
Old Dec 5th 2016, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

janine993 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yuka1722
Where are you from?
hello I'm from Trinidad. It's an island in the caribbean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.