Spouse Visa (UK) - Current timelines

Old May 12th 2015, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

hopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of light
Default Spouse Visa (UK) - Current timelines

Hey expats!

Just wondering if anyone has recently applied for and received their spouse visa, and how long this took? Or are currently waiting to hear?

My husband sent off his application (via Toronto) on Friday 27th March and we are now at 29 working days. We didn't pay for priority processing unfortunately (I now wish we had!)

We received an email to say that they received the application in the UK a few days after he sent it off, but now have heard nothing since then so I'm assuming they haven't started processing it.

It's so hard to just wait when there's no way of checking up on the status! I've been living in the UK for 8 months now without him and we are just desperate to be back together again.

Would love to hear from anyone going through the same process.
Old May 12th 2015, 1:30 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa (UK) - Current timelines

depends on several factors, from - is the file complete, and/or do they need other information

As a general guideline see here

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoff...toronto-canada

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk

inputting Toronto & 'settlement visa', the results came out as

Settlement Visas. Most applications are processed within 30 days.

Number of days to process application 5 days 10 days 15 days 30 days 60 days
.................% of applications decided 7% 42% 64% 92% 100%
Note: actual processing times may vary depending on a range of factors.
The above data is for all decisions made in March 2015

From that results, it looks like anywhere up to 60 days

Last edited by not2old; May 12th 2015 at 2:00 pm.
Old May 12th 2015, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

hopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of lighthopeintoronto is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by not2old
depends on several factors, from - is the file complete, and/or do they need other information

As a general guideline see here

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoff...toronto-canada

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk

inputting Toronto & 'settlement visa', the results came out as

Settlement Visas. Most applications are processed within 30 days.

Number of days to process application 5 days 10 days 15 days 30 days 60 days
.................% of applications decided 7% 42% 64% 92% 100%
Note: actual processing times may vary depending on a range of factors.
The above data is for all decisions made in March 2015

From that results, it looks like anywhere up to 60 days

Thanks not2old! I have been keeping an eye on that but you never really know how accurate the timings are...also the jump from 30 working days to 60 is quite a big leap...takes us almost to July! Eep
Old May 15th 2015, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed they don't have any US locations listed on the drop down of countries 'you are applying from'.
Old May 15th 2015, 7:53 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bnet36
I noticed they don't have any US locations listed on the drop down of countries 'you are applying from'.
that's right, its just a blanket country listed under 'United States'

with the results 100% for settlement visa within 60 days... April results

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoff...sas/settlement
Old May 15th 2015, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
that's right, its just a blanket country listed under 'United States'

with the results 100% for settlement visa within 60 days... April results

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoff...sas/settlement
Thanks not2old - we may have to pay for rush service then
Old May 17th 2015, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Update! We have finally received the email saying the visa has been processed!

We received the email on Thurs 14th May (approx 31 working days I think) and then another email on Friday to say we can pick the passport up in Toronto this Tuesday, 19th May. So it gets sent back really quickly. We didn't receive an email to say they'd started processing it, just the one saying it's been done.

Fingers crossed it's a positive outcome!!!

Hope this is good news for other people who are worried about how long it may take!
Old May 17th 2015, 3:32 pm
Dichotomus tinker

congrats & from post #2, that falls within the 92% processed applications within 30 days - its a +1 for the HO visa folks

Now you have to get things sorted to move

Good luck to you
Old Jun 12th 2015, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Nisha Yadav is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am in a similar situation any ideas ?
I am British husband is Egyptian ?
Timeline
26th April forms submitted at visa office
28th April- email received that they have received in ABU Dhabi and will now process ..

I am still waiting ?? There is no where to check apart from the TLS site but that just states decision making , but haven't a clue if it's been processed , assessed ? Help
Old Jun 12th 2015, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Nisha Yadav is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hopeintoronto
Update! We have finally received the email saying the visa has been processed!

We received the email on Thurs 14th May (approx 31 working days I think) and then another email on Friday to say we can pick the passport up in Toronto this Tuesday, 19th May. So it gets sent back really quickly. We didn't receive an email to say they'd started processing it, just the one saying it's been done.

Fingers crossed it's a positive outcome!!!

Hope this is good news for other people who are worried about how long it may take!

Hi
Did you get the visa ?
Xx
Old Jul 20th 2015, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Emmie3101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nisha Yadav
Hi

I am in a similar situation any ideas ?
I am British husband is Egyptian ?
Timeline
26th April forms submitted at visa office
28th April- email received that they have received in ABU Dhabi and will now process ..

I am still waiting ?? There is no where to check apart from the TLS site but that just states decision making , but haven't a clue if it's been processed , assessed ? Help
Hello, have you heard anything? I am in a similar situation! Thanks