Spouse Visa for Uk

Old Oct 1st 2014, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

gmann is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Spouse Visa for Uk

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could give me a little advice as I am completely stuck!

My wife (of a Non-EU state) and I got married in June (having fulfilled the Fiancee visa requirements) and we are now wanting to apply for the spouse visa!

We are aware of the £18 600 income requirement. I have 2 jobs - one where I am salaried at £16k and the other where I earn £3,165 per year (this is non-salaried).

Can anyone point us in the right direction in regards to filling out the form? Where do we write the details of my 2nd job?

I also have read in some cases I need to have a monthly average income of £1550, is this applicable in my case?

Many thanks in advance!

David
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa for Uk

How did you complete the form for the fiance visa? You have to provide your income details for that visa.

You must have fulfilled the financial requirements then so, unless your circumstances have changed considerably what did you put on the form at that time?

Sounds like you are in Cat B category - variable income?
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa for Uk

As SanDiegogirl said, the financial requirements are the same for the fiance visa and for the spouse visa. Therefore, your wife will need to show that you meet the requirements again, to be able to sponsor her for a spouse visa.

Originally Posted by gmann
I also have read in some cases I need to have a monthly average income of £1550, is this applicable in my case?
I have read that too, that UKVI take the lowest monthly salary and multiply that by 12 to get the annual income. Whether that is the same for Cat B or not, I don't know. Ksand, a poster on the forums on uk-yankee.com will know.

Last edited by formula; Oct 2nd 2014 at 10:29 am.