Spouse visa and travelling to the UK

Old Apr 18th 2018, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

PhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spouse visa and travelling to the UK

Hey everyone,

Something that has recently crossed my mind with regards to travelling to the UK with my wife once the visa has been granted. I'm a UK national.

When we arrive to Heathrow - which queue would we go to? I know I can go to the EU queue, but would she be able to stay with me, or would I have to go to the Non-EU queue with her?

I remember reading that UK Border Force have a policy to not separate families during passport control - but does that allow us to go to the EU queue?

Thanks!
Old Apr 18th 2018, 5:05 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa and travelling to the UK

Originally Posted by PhilFromTheFuture
Hey everyone,

Something that has recently crossed my mind with regards to travelling to the UK with my wife once the visa has been granted. I'm a UK national.

When we arrive to Heathrow - which queue would we go to? I know I can go to the EU queue, but would she be able to stay with me, or would I have to go to the Non-EU queue with her?

I remember reading that UK Border Force have a policy to not separate families during passport control - but does that allow us to go to the EU queue?

Thanks!
I don't know the answer to your question, but my Brit husband and I (Australian) travel in and out the UK quite often - he joins the EU queue and I use the non-EU one.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute

You can join your partner in the Non EU queue.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

johannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond repute

My husband & I go through the Non-EU line together. & literally run off the plane to try and avoid the huge queues.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 10:51 am
Just Joined

uaetouk is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife (non-EEA on visit visa) and I traveled to London last year with British kids. We have been told by the officer that we can join EU queue.