Spouse Visa Timeline, Interviews and TB tests

Old Apr 21st 2017, 6:01 am
Just Joined

samuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa Timeline, Interviews and TB tests

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of helping my wife (South Korean citizen) complete her visa application to come wit me back to the UK in August.

I've seen lots of very helpful information on this site and have spend a lot of time over the past year pouring over the official guidance at various points as we've come to our decisions about when to make the move. Unfortunately this has been inconsistently done so I'd say my understanding of the process is patchy to say the least.

We're hoping to submit our application online by the end of May, and to post the documents shortly afterwards.

However, one thing I just can't seem to get clear: What is meant by "the date of application"?

Is it the date we apply and pay online, or the day we post our docs, or the day those docs arrive? I've always assumed the former, but I'm going round in circles trying to make sure I'm 100% clear so I don't muck this up!

Also, the online application form lists one of the stages as an interview. I was under the impression that this was not necessarily required for all applicants, but can't for the life of me remember where I got that impression from... help! Is there one? When would it be roughly? Any guides out there for this stage?

Final question:
My wife had a TB test done on December 3rd last year. The 6 month validity would mean it's valid until June 3rd, but if we post our documents on
June 1st, for example, it may not be within that validity period by the time it reaches them...
Will this be OK to use? Or does it have to be valid until the date received (or even the date of arrival into the UK)?

Really appreciate any advice for navigating this bureaucratic mire!
Thank you
Old Apr 25th 2017, 6:55 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Spouse Visa Timeline, Interviews and TB tests

Appreciate these might be dumb questions... Anyone have an idea anyway?
Old Apr 25th 2017, 7:02 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The date of application is the date you apply and pay for your visa online.

There is no interview; just a biometrics appointment.

Was the TB test conducted at an approved clinic? Did you specify it was for a UK visa application?
Old Apr 26th 2017, 2:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The date of application is the date you apply and pay for your visa online.

There is no interview; just a biometrics appointment.

Was the TB test conducted at an approved clinic? Did you specify it was for a UK visa application?

Thanks so much for the help!
And yes, the TB test was conducted at an approved clinic and we specified it was for a UK visa app. So does it need to be valid until the date of application, o until a later date?
Old Apr 26th 2017, 10:05 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samuse
Thanks so much for the help!
And yes, the TB test was conducted at an approved clinic and we specified it was for a UK visa app. So does it need to be valid until the date of application, o until a later date?
I'm afraid I don't know for certain but I would hazard a guess that would be the date of application.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 2:33 am
Just Joined

Thanks again, I've just seen some other info somewhere suggesting that to be the case but nowhere is it stated clearly.