spouse visa....special circumstances....need help

Old Mar 22nd 2017, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

adi16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spouse visa....special circumstances....need help

Dear All

I'm planning to apply for spouse visa from HK. I'm HK passport holder and my wife a British citizen

we both are doctors. (i'm not currently in practice, but a registered doctor in UK, passed my exams and got registration)
Mrs started work in June 2016 as Locum doctor. In Nov2016 she got contracted job in the same hospital.
we have a son who 1 year old, I recently visited them in UK (29/12/16 - 10/03/17 was in UK).

No I want to apply for spouse visa.

currently we have all the documents ready except payslips. We have
Nov16 and Dec16 = 1 payslip (clearly mentions Nov. pay and december pay, (Nov 1/2mon pay as her contract started on 14/11)
Jan payslip
Feb payslip
March payslip

I know I have to wait for April payslip but do I need to wait for May as well.

my problem is I don't want to wait any longer, it is very difficult for my wife to take care of the baby and work full-time. I saw how she struggle when I was in UK. Plus after meeting my son for the first I just don't want to stay from him. very painful

My Mrs employer (hospital) is very nice and they are willing to providing any supporting document/letter.

please give advise whether I should go ahead and apply.
Thanks in advance
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 8:56 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spouse visa....special circumstances....need help

Originally Posted by adi16
Dear All

I'm planning to apply for spouse visa from HK. I'm HK passport holder and my wife a British citizen

we both are doctors. (i'm not currently in practice, but a registered doctor in UK, passed my exams and got registration)
Mrs started work in June 2016 as Locum doctor. In Nov2016 she got contracted job in the same hospital.
we have a son who 1 year old, I recently visited them in UK (29/12/16 - 10/03/17 was in UK).

No I want to apply for spouse visa.

currently we have all the documents ready except payslips. We have
Nov16 and Dec16 = 1 payslip (clearly mentions Nov. pay and december pay, (Nov 1/2mon pay as her contract started on 14/11)
Jan payslip
Feb payslip
March payslip

I know I have to wait for April payslip but do I need to wait for May as well.

my problem is I don't want to wait any longer, it is very difficult for my wife to take care of the baby and work full-time. I saw how she struggle when I was in UK. Plus after meeting my son for the first I just don't want to stay from him. very painful

My Mrs employer (hospital) is very nice and they are willing to providing any supporting document/letter.

Thanks in advance
Hi Ady. The relevant legislation clearly states that the applicant's partner must have been with the same employer for at least 6 months, so given the information you've provided the earliest you can apply is 15 May. The payslips provided for November - April would need to meet the income specified in the financial requirements. I wouldn't risk applying earlier, in my opinion applying prior to your wife completing at least a full 6 months is grounds for refusal of your visa. I'd actually wait until your wife had received her May pay slip just to be on the safe side, but I'm quite cautious. Other members may have different opinions so you might want to wait until a few others have replied.

I know it's difficult being apart, so many of us have experienced that and are very sympathetic towards others in similar circumstances.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf
5.1.1. Where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in salaried employment at the date of application and has been with the same employer for at least 6 months prior to the date of application, they can count their gross annual salary towards the financial requirement. In doing so they must have been paid throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Mar 22nd 2017 at 9:07 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 9:23 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance
Can the hospital not provide documentation of her earnings as a locum in the previous months of July to mid November?
Old Mar 27th 2017, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Can the hospital not provide documentation of her earnings as a locum in the previous months of July to mid November?
Thank you for your replies. Appreciate it.

Novocastrian: No hospital can't provide such document because she was working through a locum agency and not as an internal locum of the hospital. If she was woking as an internal locum then it would have been possible.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

Can you guys please post a link for the application form that I need to fill? I am not 100%sure which form to fill out. Is it going to be online or paper form?
Thanks
Old Mar 27th 2017, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Can you guys please post a link for the application form that I need to fill? I am not 100%sure which form to fill out. Is it going to be online or paper form?
Thanks

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk
Old Mar 27th 2017, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dear All

Thanks in advance
Do you know that you can use cash savings to satisfy the UK spouse visa financial requirement? In your case, you will need to show that you have £62500 in cash savings for 6 months or more in order to qualify.

As a medical doctor, is there any chance if you can get an UK work visa (Tier 2) in your own right? Have a look at the shortage occupation list below for details -

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ccupation-list

Scotland have a bigger shortage occupation list, so you may find it easier to get an UK work visa to work in Scotland. The link below provides a list of medical doctors' vacancies in Scotland.

https://jobs.scot.nhs.uk/_results.as...=&orgID=&word=

Does the OP have British National (Overseas) status? If he does, he should use his BN(O) passport to apply for either the UK spouse visa or UK work visa. As BN(O) passport holders are treated as a Commonwealth citizens in the UK, this means that BN(O) passport holders can -

1) register to vote in all election - good to build up your own credit history in the UK by being on the electoral roll.

2) to apply for UK civil service jobs.

3) to get British citizenship via registration using form B(OTA) with lower fees (£1121 for registration vs £1236 for naturalisation in 2016 prices).

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...izen-form-bota
Old Mar 31st 2017, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
I am having difficulty completing the sponsor details section of the online visa application form (spouse) (applying entry clearance from abroad/ Gambia)
That particular section requires My wife's passport details but she currently hasn't got one although she's applied and will take 3weeks to come through.
In the mean time, I'm wondering if you could assist me complete this section so that I can do the submission at the Embassy here in Gambia.
Thanks,
Pa Edrissa.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Uxbridge219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Hi adi16,
I have pm'ed you some info about Hk.
Have a look.
Old May 26th 2017, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

Hi Uxbridge219
Thank you for the Pm.
I'm finally ready with 6 months payslips but I have some questions

1. Property inspection report was done couple months ago. (House is owned by my wife - mortgage papers are on her name) do you guys think the report is outdated and need a new one?
2. Utility bills are on my father-in-law's name but council tax is on my wife's name. do I need to give utility bill or council tax is enough?
3. my 1.5 year old son's british passport application is in the process/home office, should I wait for his passport to come through? if not should I send his birth certificate with my application?
4. What do I and my sponsor need to write in personal statement?
5. Should I go through an immigration consultant or is the application form pretty straight forward and can be done by anyone?

Thank you guys for you kind reply. I'm planning to apply by next week, if get positive answers for the above mentioned questions.