Spouse Visa self-employment confusion

Old Jan 5th 2016, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

0mega is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa self-employment confusion

OK might get confusing but hope someone can help clear this up.

My wife is currently in England on a spouse visa and working and her second visa will be due in December 2016.

I'm currently in retail but have been training towards Electrician and will shortly move to part time work and begin self-employment.
Now when the time comes to renew her visa, we will have been far exceeding the financial requirement for the whole duration she has been here.

The issue is this:

Category for salaried/nonsalaried employment is for 6 months before application and NOT including self-employment, which, depending what hours I work in that 6 months, may or may not meet the requirement.

Category for self-employment (I think F) is for the last FULL financial year, which basically means now until April. Now seeing as I haven't started yet, this could be anything, even as little as one weeks work but WILL include my current salaried employment which easily meets the requirement, but seems silly when there is hardly any self-employed income included.

Still with me? Would I apply under CAT F and would they accept that? Or just make sure both of us are working enough hours to meet the requirement from May onward and ignore the self employed income?

I know it's probably wise to just stay in my current employment for another year but as an adult learner whos not getting any younger the opportunity to change industry doesn't come up very often!

Thanks to anyone who can enlighten this situation!!
Old Jan 5th 2016, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa self-employment confusion

You seem to be saying that your self employment route would top up your salaried/non salaried income. However your self employment is going to be far short of the one year existence required to show adequate income from said self employment.

Since the self employment route is so much harder to prove (additional company documentation/tax returns/HRMC records etc) , personally I would stick with the employed income to fulfill the financial requirements.

Anything less than one year of income records for self employment is a big risk.
Old Jan 5th 2016, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

0mega is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa self-employment confusion

Hey thanks for replying, yes that it exactly. I think I'm best ensuring I'm earning enough to go with the same employment route we used before. That way I know it'll be fine.