Spouse Visa - Self employed route - Granted

Old Feb 27th 2018, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Trooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa - Self employed route - Granted

Dear All,

Just joined the forum today. We have just today received the Spouse visa and want to thank all of you for your contributions here as they were very useful to prepare our documents.

I am a British citizen. My wife is a Uzbek citizen and applied from there through TLS contact.

I used the Self-employed route to prove my finances and was not very straightforward. But have to say I managed to follow and provide all the documents statement in the Financial requirement appendix . And there were no queries.

We applied through TLS contact and we were strongly advised not to send any original documents as they will be destroyed. Ofcourse this is contrary to most of the advice we had.

We decided to use caution with very significant original documents like our Marriage certificate.....we only sent a Colour photocopy of that and accompanying translation and authentication. We stayed specifically that it's a copy and that we could present the original at very short notice if needed . We sent a seperate photocopy bundle of all documents too.

We sent documents directly to Sheffield.

We had no queries and they did not specifically ask for the originals. And the visa was granted.

I prepared and submitted all the documents myself with no Third party input except for my accountants documentation.

Please ask me any questions you have and will aim to answer as soon as possible

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 27th 2018 at 12:12 pm. Reason: Posts merged as on the same subject
Old Feb 27th 2018, 6:31 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa - Self employed route - Granted

Originally Posted by Trooper
Dear All,

Just joined the forum today. We have just today received the Spouse visa and want to thank all of you for your contributions here as they were very useful to prepare our documents.

I am a British citizen. My wife is a Uzbek citizen and applied from there through TLS contact.

I used the Self-employed route to prove my finances and was not very straightforward. But have to say I managed to follow and provide all the documents statement in the Financial requirement appendix . And there were no queries.

We applied through TLS contact and we were strongly advised not to send any original documents as they will be destroyed. Ofcourse this is contrary to most of the advice we had.

We decided to use caution with very significant original documents like our Marriage certificate.....we only sent a Colour photocopy of that and accompanying translation and authentication. We stayed specifically that it's a copy and that we could present the original at very short notice if needed . We sent a seperate photocopy bundle of all documents too.

We sent documents directly to Sheffield.

We had no queries and they did not specifically ask for the originals. And the visa was granted.

I prepared and submitted all the documents myself with no Third party input except for my accountants documentation.

Please ask me any questions you have and will aim to answer as soon as possible
Congratulations on the visa.

The process for original documents used by your TLS contact centre is not available in all countries, so people intending to apply for a settlement visa (such as a spouse visa) or a non-settlement visa need to follow the instructions from their local VFS Global/TLS Contact centre.