Spouse visa - Possibly dumb residency questions

Old Aug 11th 2017, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Peat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa - Possibly dumb residency questions

Hi all,

Recently married an American girl and she wants to come here for a bit before we move there. So far so good.

When it comes to the residency requirement - I currently live with my parents (yay London house prices). They are willing to say yes, she can live here and it will pass the surveys and all - but she doesn't want to live here.

So can we put down my parents house as residency when filling the form but move out prior to then so we'll be in our own rented flat somewhere? Is that likely to bite us on the arse at all? Apologies if that came across unclearly.

Also, the survey saying everything's all right - can any registered surveyor do it, or am I better doing it through the council?

Thank you all for reading.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 12:50 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa - Possibly dumb residency questions

How long is 'for a bit'?
Old Aug 11th 2017, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

2 years or so. We'll definitely need the spousal visa for that time period so she can work, right?
Old Aug 11th 2017, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

[Duplicate

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Aug 11th 2017 at 3:50 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peat
2 years or so. We'll definitely need the spousal visa for that time period so she can work, right?
Yes, she need a visa in order to live in the UK for that length of time.

Yes, she can work with a visa.

Yes you can put your parent's home as where your accommodation will be when completing the application. You will need to provided evidence of this accommodation and your parents must provide letter agreeing to you staying there.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

And there'll be no issue with the moving address?
Old Aug 11th 2017, 7:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Maybe I'm confused as to your situation.

So can we put down my parents house as residency when filling the form but move out prior to then so we'll be in our own rented flat somewhere?

Your wife won't be in living in the UK prior to the issuing of the visa. She will be in the US.

If, between the time you complete and submit the application, and the visa is issued, you move to a new address, I think you have to inform the authorities of such move.

You can get registered surveyor or anyone else you choose.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

I did express that clumsily.

Yes, it would be just me moving. I'd move between applying for the visa and her moving to the UK - meaning that the address she'd be moving to would be different than the one given in the visa application.

Does that make it any clearer?
Old Aug 11th 2017, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You would need to advise authorities of new address, but it should not cause any difficulties.