Spouse Visa Payslips

Old Mar 27th 2017, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

ssingh85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa Payslips

Hi

I am in the process of completing my husband's application. He is Egyptian whilst I am British and we have been living together as a couple for six years, whilst married for two of the years.

I have been working in an international school for six years. I am paid partially in Egyptian pounds and the rest in sterling. However, my payslips only show what I am paid in Egyptian pounds. With the state of the Egyptian economy this does not meet the threshold alone. Although technically I am paid way above the threshold including my sterling. So my school have given me a letter with a breakdown of how I am paid, they have also provided me with a monthly standing order form (stamped) to prove these payments are made and I have my UK bank statements that correspond with these payments. Now my solicitor is insisting that my application has the potential to be refused, because payslips are mandatory and need to include the sterling, despite having all this evidence. My manager won't provide me payslips for the sterling. I feel so confused and don't understand why this proof is not sufficient. I am worried that maybe my solicitor is trying to get out of the no win no fee promise, or is he right?. I don't know what to do.

Please could someone advice me. Is this evidence sufficient?

Thank you in advance.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 8:34 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Payslips

I take it you have a job offer in the UK starting in September then?
Old Mar 28th 2017, 3:52 am
Just Joined

Yes I have a Job in the UK starting in September. Again way above the threshold. I also have savings. Not the £64,000 but I still have a reasonable amount.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 9:39 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The letter, standing order and bank statements would help alleviate this but your solicitor is correct in saying that this has the potential to lead to a refusal if you are trying to meet the financial requirements through Category A (payslips are mandatory for salaried income in the UK and "evidence should be a reasonable equivalent" for salaried income outside the UK - see Appendix FM-SE for further details).

Have you any savings?
Old Mar 28th 2017, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't get payslips for this sterling portion of your income how do you show the paying of tax etc ?

Is this portion paid directly into a UK bank account?

I agree with BIP - a letter is not the same as providing equivalent proof of overseas income which would be official payslips.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 6:12 am
Just Joined

Thank you both for your advice. It's really helpful.

Yes, I have savings but my solicitor says its not enough.

My sterling is paid directly to my UK account.

I pay tax and it's shown on my pay slips. But my pay slips only show what I am paid in Egyptian pounds.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 7:03 am

If you have cash savings above £16,000 that you have held for at least six months then check Appendix FM 1.7 (or consult your solicitor) to see whether your salary in Egyptian pounds combined with your savings would meet the financial requirements. If so it could neatly sidestep the issue of your sterling income.
Old Mar 29th 2017, 8:14 am
Just Joined

Thank you. Sounds like an avenue that can be explored. I shall consult with my solicitor.