Spouse Visa nightmare with time apart

Old Mar 20th 2018, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Aquarama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa nightmare with time apart

Hello all

I have a delema which I’m sure many Ex pats aboard must suffer, I’m living in Turkey with a Turkish wife and a duel nationality new born son.

I wish to return to the UK to secure a new job and obtain rented accommodation so I can put this on my wife’s visa application.

I want to do this no longer than a week after I started the job and am aware that this job will not count for much rather that my savings is what will count.

It seems to me almost impossible that I’ll be away from her for the length of the visa process ( 3 months ) as I need to set up an accommodation for this to be put on the visa. She as far as I’m aware has to hand her passport in.

I’m interested to know if this is a common problem ? One queriey I have is if I for example let’s say I put down an accomidation of a family member on the application and by the time it’s valid have moved what happens ? I doubt any one will actually check your physically there ?

My other queriey is that am I correct in saying being as my son is a UK citizen I only need to make up the £18,600 for my wife ?

Any advice on the above would be greatly appreciated
Old Mar 20th 2018, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa nightmare with time apart

Originally Posted by Aquarama
Hello all

My other queriey is that am I correct in saying being as my son is a UK citizen I only need to make up the £18,600 for my wife ?
Definitely.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 11:32 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Are you planning on meeting the financial requirements through salaried income or savings?

If it's savings then your employment situation doesn't matter but you will need a minimum of £62,500 in cash savings held in either your name, your wife's name or jointly for at least the last six months.

If it's salaried income then you will need to have been earning at least £18,600 pa in Turkey for the last six months and have a job offer in the UK starting with three months also earning at least £18,600 pa. If you haven't been earning above this threshold in Turkey then you will need to work for six months in the UK earning at least £18,600 pa before your wife can lodge her spouse visa application.

You will also need to fulfil the accommodation requirements. Staying with a relative is perfectly acceptable providing there is enough space. You don't need to stay there if you arrange alternative accommodation after the application has been submitted but your relative's accommodation still needs to be available until the visa has been granted.
Old Mar 21st 2018, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Dear Sir or Madam
Many thanks for the reply, yes I plan to use savings to gain entry as I don’t want to be working for three months before she even applies.

Can I ask where do you get the figure of £62,500.00 from ? I though it was £18,600.00 x 2.5 ( first spouse visa ) and for the full term 5 years that X 2

Any thoughts on how to avoid such a long time apart ? From what you say I guess I could have put down an address that in reality I wouldn’t intend to live at three months back. Stay with my spouce in Turkey and hopefully when the Visa was completed return to the UK ahead of her to rent a property.

That would leave me with the situation of looking for work and us both being out of work, my belief being that even if it’s a new job ( the present situation ) it still looks better on the visa application that one of us is working.

Thanks by the way for your reply
Old Mar 21st 2018, 5:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Sir or Madam
Many thanks for the reply, yes I plan to use savings to gain entry as I don’t want to be working for three months before she even applies.

Can I ask where do you get the figure of £62,500.00 from ? I though it was £18,600.00 x 2.5 ( first spouse visa ) and for the full term 5 years that X 2

Any thoughts on how to avoid such a long time apart ? From what you say I guess I could have put down an address that in reality I wouldn’t intend to live at three months back. Stay with my spouce in Turkey and hopefully when the Visa was completed return to the UK ahead of her to rent a property.

That would leave me with the situation of looking for work and us both being out of work, my belief being that even if it’s a new job ( the present situation ) it still looks better on the visa application that one of us is working.

£18,600 is the figure if using income.
If using the savings route its £62,500
Old Mar 21st 2018, 8:51 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Sir or Madam

If you have the required £62,500 in savings, there's no need at all to provide any employment information at all and even if you did, it wouldn't make any difference at all to the result of your application. So, if you have the required savings there's no need to have a job, either in Turkey or in the UK

For the accommodation requirement, you could rent short term accommodation online from Turkey, with a company such as airbnb, homeaway, holiday lettings etc. When your wife sends her application documents she'd need to include the evidence that this accommodation is booked. Best of luck.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Mar 21st 2018 at 8:53 am.
Old Mar 21st 2018, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Sir or Madam

With regards to the accommodation requiement bear in mind that this has probably been formulated so that on arrival the applicant and sponsor are not homeless or in overcrowded accommodation and then become a burden on the state.

Most people cannot contract for a long lease before arrival as they don't know the visa issue date and they prefer to look around both spouses together. Some, without relatives in UK, will book a serviced aparment or holiday let short term and state in covering letter they then intend to lease long term or purchase. Other posters have successfully done this and got the visa.

So its perfectly acceptable to use a relative's address as your first port of call in the UK. By the time you have the visa and know the date, you can go there for one day or more, or go elsewhere. As long as you demostrate you have a place you could stay at on arrival you fulfill the requirement. That is my understanding.

The relative /friend will need to write a letter of invitation, provide a copy of bio page of passport, and download land registry copy of title ( £3). Also a copy or statement of number of bedrooms/ size of property. A copy of estate agents details is useful. If rental that you are already living in, the landlord will have to give consent for your spouse to join you subject to her obtaining the visa.
Old Mar 21st 2018, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the info on the financial requirement

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf

Your wife will also have to do an English test at an approved centre unless she has a degree taught in English in which case she needs a NARIC certificate.
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
£18,600 is the figure if using income.
If using the savings route its £62,500
Are many thanks, it seems a bit unfair in that you can have £18600.00 coming in per year and no saving but if you have the same in savings they penalise you for an extra £16000.00

Thanks for your kind help
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
If you have the required £62,500 in savings, there's no need at all to provide any employment information at all and even if you did, it wouldn't make any difference at all to the result of your application. So, if you have the required savings there's no need to have a job, either in Turkey or in the UK

For the accommodation requirement, you could rent short term accommodation online from Turkey, with a company such as airbnb, homeaway, holiday lettings etc. When your wife sends her application documents she'd need to include the evidence that this accommodation is booked. Best of luck.
Cheers, I was un sure if putting down temporary accomidation would work and or be risky
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by angie_329
Here is the info on the financial requirement

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf

Your wife will also have to do an English test at an approved centre unless she has a degree taught in English in which case she needs a NARIC certificate.
Are many thanks !
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute

Are many thanks, it seems a bit unfair in that you can have £18600.00 coming in per year and no saving but if you have the same in savings they penalise you for an extra £16000.00

Thanks for your kind help
It's because £16,000 is the maximum savings allowed to be held by someone before it affects any benefit claim such as Council Tax Support and Housing Benefit.