Spouse visa with immigration lawyer help

Old Oct 6th 2017, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Edatefi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa with immigration lawyer help

Hello
Has anybody applied for a uk spouse visa without any help from an immigration lawyer? If yes, have you succeeded?
Thanks Ed
Old Oct 6th 2017, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa with immigration lawyer help

Originally Posted by Edatefi
Hello
Has anybody applied for a uk spouse visa without any help from an immigration lawyer? If yes, have you succeeded?
Thanks Ed
I know atleast 4-5 people that has gone with a solicitor that specializes in immigration and have got their visa's.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 3:14 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
Thanks Ed
Most people reporting on here do it themselves mainly because, unless you have specific problems like criminal record, all the lawyer does is to collate the information you gather and send to them, they don't really, for most people, do that much. An application from an immigration lawyer will not be treated any differently to one submitted by the person.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

london_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond repute

I used a lawyer and got the settlement visa (non priority) in 52 business days. That's quicker than some and prob because the lawyer ensured I had absolutely everything needed to make it straightforward. I was impressed with how thorough they were.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by london_calling
I used a lawyer and got the settlement visa (non priority) in 52 business days. That's quicker than some and prob because the lawyer ensured I had absolutely everything needed to make it straightforward. I was impressed with how thorough they were.
Where was you applying from and what was the timeline?
Old Oct 7th 2017, 8:38 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by london_calling
But when was that, the problems have only started this year due to the changes in where they are adjudicated.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's been chaos this year, just like the UK government. Clueless!
Old Oct 8th 2017, 1:52 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Having legal advice, whether from a solicitor or an immigration adviser, will not speed up a decision on your application nor guarantee that your visa will be granted. What they can do, providing you meet all the requirements, is make sure that you have provided the correct evidence in order to demonstrate that you meet the requirements. If you have criminal convictions or a poor immigration history then it might be advisable to take legal advice but for the 'average' applicant it is not a necessity.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

london_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Where was you applying from and what was the timeline?
Country applying from: USA
Type of visa applied for: Settlement - Wife - (non priority)
Date application submitted: July 23rd 2017 - Online
Date Bio-metrics taken: July 26th 2017
Date documentation was received by UK Border Agency office: August 3rd 2017
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield
Decision made notification: October 4th 2017
Date your visa was received: October 5th 2017 (UPS)

52 business days start to end
Old Dec 9th 2017, 1:48 am
Just Joined

Has anyone received a financial gift towards the cash requirement for spouse visa? If yes, do you have an example of the affidavit that the money was a gift? Does it have to be witnessed by a lawyer only?
Old Dec 9th 2017, 2:14 am
Just Joined

Has anyone received a financial gift towards the cash requirement for spouse visa? If yes, do you have an example of the affidavit that the money was a gift? Does it have to be witnessed by a lawyer only?
Old Dec 9th 2017, 5:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

firstly, no need to post twice, people here will reply as and when they can.
Secondly your post is unrelated to the thread its in and would be better in a thread of its own.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 8:07 am
Just Joined

I am very sorr. I thought i was in another thread.
A man in love and desperate to get his other half, would do anything!
I apologise.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Thanis90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
Thanks Ed
I applied through an immigration lawyer as I had absolutely no idea where to find information on how to apply and I was terrified I'd miss something out and get rejected. However, now knowing the process I feel like I was being pretty dumb and wasted a whole load of money. (£1000+)

I can't tell you whether we've been successful or not because we're still awaiting a decision. However I can tell you that I've had no end of bother with them. I'm not naming names here, but I have been passed from one "lawyer" to the next with them and neither one seems fit for the job. There was no end of spelling mistakes and assumptions made on their part that I had to go through everything they sent with a fine tooth comb and give her a whole list of corrections on an almost weekly basis.

However, when I was finally satisfied, we were able to apply.

I would not recommend going with an immigration firm unless you have some sort of circumstances which may make the process a bit more difficult, e.g. previous refusals etc.

The way I see it is, you know your circumstances better than anyone, and these firms are targeted in their job, so they naturally make mistakes. The only thing you may not be so clued up on is the process and that's where this forum comes in...

The guys (and gals) on here are brilliant, I wish I'd known this forum before I went with the immigration firm!

Good luck with your application!
Old Dec 11th 2017, 10:13 am
Just Joined

asadq7 is an unknown quantity at this point

i went with a local firm
he has done 6 previous applications for friends before - all granted first time
my visa was granted in 52 days non priority and from Pakistan!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.