Spouse visa guide

Old Oct 15th 2017, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Bobjon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa guide

can anyone set one up or even send me a link to where I can get an idea of what we need to prepare before sending off an application.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 7:26 am
Just Joined

Padyogi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse visa guide

Morning All, Paul here from NZ,
Just had an application rejected for spouse visa, wasn't surprised st it was a very bad document free application, I have had the spouse visa twice before over a period of 17 years, each time it has been a small working holiday for us, my wife is British and my Australian born kids are Brit passport holders, I applied without looking into the true requirements needed, as it has changed since I last had the visa in 2008,
It was a bad error of judgement to send in my weak application.
Anyway am now doing a new one and just want to check my docs required, I'm all over the docs for the savings route and will have that sorted from 2 property sale,
I didn't even lodge an Appendix 2 firm and that was the main reason for my refusal .
So we are still in NZ and I have done a new application, I will send marriage certificate (17 years) and copy of spouse visa passport, finance docs , appendix 2,
Is there anything else I will have to show?
Look forward to any replies, my first app was NP and took 60 days for a no
Paul
Old Oct 17th 2017, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

- your passport
- passport photos
- accommodation evidence
- relationship evidence
Old Oct 17th 2017, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Spouse visa guide

Morning San Diego Girl,

Or evening in your case, Thanks for the reply
do you really have to show relationship proof , even after 17 happy years married and two kids?
Surely a marriage certificate will surfice?
Mind my error of judgment from my first application must not be repeated as it was an expensive
Old Oct 17th 2017, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Padyogi
Morning San Diego Girl,

Or evening in your case, Thanks for the reply
do you really have to show relationship proof , even after 17 happy years married and two kids?
Surely a marriage certificate will surfice?
Mind my error of judgment from my first application must not be repeated as it was an expensive
A few family photos won't go amiss; showing some joint utility bills, bank statements will also help.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

In the financial docs we are sending it shows our joint account has been paying the two mortgages for the last year,
And someone has mentioned to send the refusal letter back also addressing the points from the rejection letter?
yes? No?
Old Oct 17th 2017, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No, you don't need to send the refusal letter. They have your refusal in the 'system'
Old Oct 19th 2017, 3:25 am
Just Joined

SanDiegogirl , Thanks for your advice on this matter, so I failed because I did not submit an Appendix 2 Form,
So can you tell me what parts I should be filling out?
My sponsor is here with me in NZ hence why we are going down the cash savings route,
It seems the first part of the form relates to the sponsor already being settled in the UK? can you help on this one?
to me it seems we only do Part F,
If that is the case do we then only send the part we have filled out or do we return the whole form
Thanks again for this,
Old Oct 19th 2017, 4:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Appendix 2 makes no assumptions as to where the applicant or sponsor lives.

Do not read anything into the questions, just answer them as they relate to you. Each section is clearly marked as to whether they want info regarding the applicant or the sponsor. Remember, this form is being completed by the applicant.

If your sponsor lives in NZ then you answer the questions with NZ info as to address, employment etc etc.

Your reference to 'F' section - I assume this relates to 3F - Cash savings.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Ok cool, so if a question has relevance it gets no answer,
Old Oct 19th 2017, 10:00 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Padyogi
Ok cool, so if a question has relevance it gets no answer,
I suspect you mean 'NO relevance', I would tend to put N/A in those spaces, sometimes if you leave the space blank the computer reading the info doesn't understand and thinks the application is incomplete.