Spouse Visa documentation checklist

Old Feb 20th 2018, 2:31 am
Just Joined

sodakgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa documentation checklist

Hello everyone,
I'm so sorry in advance because I'm sure this information is obtainable somewhere within this forum. However, I can't seem to get my hands on it!

I would love a thorough checklist of documentation I need to send in with my application.

Details about me:
I'm American married to a Brit who is in the process of getting his US citizenship. We have been married for 14 years. We have 2 children who were born in the USA, but already have their UK passports. We are living in the USA, but moving to the UK in June pending this visa application. We will be applying using the cash savings option, as we sold our house of 8 years in November. We are currently living in an apartment. Big questions I have are how much documentation do I need for proof of relationship? We were married in the USA, but we lived in UK for 2 years( I was on a marriage visa that it took a day to get in person in 2003)before moving back to USA. We have lived here together for last 12 years. We are planning to stay with his parents until we get something more permanent. I have many questions about school etc., but that will be another post!

List I have so far.
ME
-online application
-My passport
-uk sized passport photo
-previous passports, one with my old UK marriage visa in it
-marriage certificate
-verification of employment from my current employer, do I include my wages or just basically how long I've worked there

Questions I have about my stuff:
What are they wanting as proof of relationship? wedding pics? are my kids birth certificates helpful as we are both on there, or is it confusing because they were born in USA?
I want to send pictures of their uk passports so it's evident that they are british citizens and are not viewed as dependents for the financial requirement
-Is a copy of passport photo page for husband and kids ok?
Do these need be notarized or certified?
How do I do that?

Him
-6 months worth of bank statements showing house sale in our joint account, (the house was sold only 3 months ago)
-Letter from mortgage company showing that the mortgage has been paid off in full
-release of deed of trust from the clerk of the county, it's notarized
-Letter from our realtor confirming sale price etc.
-documents that show taxes are paid
I think there some other things but husband is sorting that with our realtor this week.
-copy of his photo page of uk passport, does this need some kind of certification?
-verification of his employment, but no payslips, as application is based on our house sale

Joint stuff
-Current rental agreement
I've seen mentioned: joint phone bill, joint car insurance statement, joint tax returns is this for evidence of relationship, are they necessary?,

His Dad
-supporting letter stating we can all stay in his parents house rent free and
the size of the house
-utility bill
-most recent council tax statement
-copy of the deeds of the house, official copy (the mortgage is paid off)

Thanks in advance for any and all input, we will be applying March!