Spouse Visa - Document Checklist and few queries

Old Jan 10th 2017, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

britishfilipino is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Spouse Visa - Document Checklist and few queries

Originally Posted by Nandidk
I think sponsor-er to fill Form SU07/12 - SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING.
You have enough funds in your account. I am British citizen and my wife is from India. When I applied for my wife settlement VISA, I have shown only £1200/- for continuous period of 7 months and my salary statement for 8 months with bank statement. Tenancy agreement, no objection letter from landlord and some sort of bill (electricity, water etc.).
We applied for VISA in November 2nd week of 2016 and we got approved VISA on 24th Dec. 2016.
They have given only one month validity on settlement VISA and we have to go and collect some sort of card from post office here within one month time.
Let me know if you want to any other information as we have applied recently, I think we can guide you.

regards

Hi,

I just want to know what do you mean by 1 month validity on settlement visa? and you need to get some sort of card from post office within one month?

by the way I will be applying for settlement visa to join my partner here in the UK but I am confused as to what to put for the sub type visa for settlement. I am married to a British subject via civil partnership here in the UK and I'm planning to apply for settlement visa in the Philippines. The thing is, I don't know what is the correct title or the sub type visa to put in as the site allow me to choose from;

family reunion- other dependant relative
husband
wife
civil partnership
child

I'm very confused as to what to choose for we are in same sex civil partnership.

If you have an idea please help me.

thanks
Old Jan 10th 2017, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

britishfilipino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa - Document Checklist and few queries

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you're in a civil partnership then you select civil partnership.
oh i thought its for a couple planning to have a civil partnership in the UK
Old Mar 8th 2017, 8:33 am
Just Joined

exp123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again!

So I just sat for my IELTS (Academic) for university admissions (total score 7, Celt C1).

Do I need to sit for IELTS Life Skills for settlement visa or can I use the academic one?
Old Mar 8th 2017, 10:43 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by exp123
Hi again!

So I just sat for my IELTS (Academic) for university admissions (total score 7, Celt C1).

Do I need to sit for IELTS Life Skills for settlement visa or can I use the academic one?
Which passport(s) do you hold?
Old Mar 9th 2017, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Which passport(s) do you hold?
Pakistan
Old Mar 13th 2017, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

BRAZ2UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, sorry to cut in, this is regarding the document checklist.

On the official forms, there is nothing asking the occupation of the applicant (my husband) or the sponsor( me).
Does the applicant/sponsor have to give evidence of employment as one of the required documents?
What if the applicant/sponsor is unemployed or a student but meet the financial requirement with cash savings?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 13th 2017, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BRAZ2UK
Hi all, sorry to cut in, this is regarding the document checklist.

On the official forms, there is nothing asking the occupation of the applicant (my husband) or the sponsor( me).
Does the applicant/sponsor have to give evidence of employment as one of the required documents?
What if the applicant/sponsor is unemployed or a student but meet the financial requirement with cash savings?

Thanks in advance
All financial details including employment is input on Appendix 2. Download this form and include with your documentation.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-Appendix2.pdf

Appendix 2 is referred to on the website for settlement visas.
Old Mar 13th 2017, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

BRAZ2UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your quick reply SanDiegogirl,
I have already completed Appendix 2 to the best of my knowledge. As I am applying through the cash savings route D, I was able to skip many sections on the form as they weren't applicable. Again there was no question of my employment status or job information.
Looking through other people's documents checklist examples, it seems like people have included the sponsor's (or is it the applicant's?) proof of employment as a separate supporting document.
Is this a required document or just a suggested document?
Old May 21st 2017, 6:42 am
Just Joined

I got my visa last week in 10 working days!

These are the documents I submitted:

Applicant

Application Form (VAF4A)
IHS Payment Confirmation
Cover Letter
Passport
Previous passports
Biometric Appointment Confimation
proof of employment (letter from employer)

English Language Requiriement

English Test - IELTS

Sponsor

Sponsor Cover Letter
Sponsor Passport (Colour Copy)
Translated KSA Residence Permit (Iqama)

Accommodation

Tenancy agreement
Letter from landlord confirming we can stay and accommodation details
Passport copy of landlord
Inspection report

Financial Requirement

Appendix 2 (VAF4A - Appendix 2)
Six months bank statement
Property registration (confirming that the property was in our name 6 months prior to sale)
Property sale agreement
Letter from lender (bank) regarding repayment of mortgage
Confirmation of payment of taxes

Relationship

Marriage Certificate (Original & Translated)
15 photos spanning our relationship pasted on A4 paper with short captions
plant tickets of trips taken together
Daughter’s birth certificate (British National)
Joint bank account statement
Translated Copy of wife and daughter's iqama

After 3 days of submission I got a call from the embassy asking me to provide an inspection report and they were not aware of the rule that in case of proceeds from sale of property the cash does not need to be in your account for six months as long as you have owned that property for the six months period.
They asked me go write a letter explaining that and submit a copy of the Appendix that states this.

I submitted the additional documents and got the visa after two days
Old May 21st 2017, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

I got my visa last week in 10 working days!

These are the documents I submitted:

Applicant

Application Form (VAF4A)
IHS Payment Confirmation
Cover Letter
Passport
Previous passports
Biometric Appointment Confimation
proof of employment (letter from employer)

English Language Requiriement

English Test - IELTS

Sponsor

Sponsor Cover Letter
Sponsor Passport (Colour Copy)
Translated KSA Residence Permit (Iqama)

Accommodation

Tenancy agreement
Letter from landlord confirming we can stay and accommodation details
Passport copy of landlord
Inspection report

Financial Requirement

Appendix 2 (VAF4A - Appendix 2)
Six months bank statement
Property registration (confirming that the property was in our name 6 months prior to sale)
Property sale agreement
Letter from lender (bank) regarding repayment of mortgage
Confirmation of payment of taxes

Relationship

Marriage Certificate (Original & Translated)
15 photos spanning our relationship pasted on A4 paper with short captions
plant tickets of trips taken together
Daughter’s birth certificate (British National)
Joint bank account statement
Translated Copy of wife and daughter's iqama

After 3 days of submission I got a call from the embassy asking me to provide an inspection report and they were not aware of the rule that in case of proceeds from sale of property the cash does not need to be in your account for six months as long as you have owned that property for the six months period.
They asked me go write a letter explaining that and submit a copy of the Appendix that states this.

I submitted the additional documents and got the visa after two days
Inspection Report - The resident addicts here have said that the inspection report is not necessary unless you are sharing a property and it's not for your sole use. What was your case?

By the way, which country were you applying from?

Did you provide anything to show your employment prospect ability once in the UK? Such as previous work history & CV's for you and your Husband?
Old May 21st 2017, 11:38 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MonsterP
Inspection Report - The resident addicts here have said that the inspection report is not necessary unless you are sharing a property and it's not for your sole use. What was your case?

By the way, which country were you applying from?

Did you provide anything to show your employment prospect ability once in the UK? Such as previous work history & CV's for you and your Husband?
Pretty sure I've said this before, but you do not have to provide any information whatsoever regarding your work history, your CV or anything else like it if you're meeting the financial requirements wholly through the savings route. In fact, I think the person wading through your application wouldn't be best pleased to have additional, irrelevant information to trawl through.

The members here who respond to requests for information aren't addicts, in fact most of us have very busy lives outside of BE! We're just a community of expats who like to help others out when and where we can.
Old May 21st 2017, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

The ECO wanted an inspection report in any case so we provided one.

Did not provide anything to show employment prospects

Applied from Saudi Arabia
Old May 22nd 2017, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Pretty sure I've said this before, but you do not have to provide any information whatsoever regarding your work history, your CV or anything else like it if you're meeting the financial requirements wholly through the savings route. In fact, I think the person wading through your application wouldn't be best pleased to have additional, irrelevant information to trawl through.

The members here who respond to requests for information aren't addicts, in fact most of us have very busy lives outside of BE! We're just a community of expats who like to help others out when and where we can.
Not sure if I've picked up on this before as I've only been back on the forum for a couple of months, apologies if I missed it.
Great to be able to delete those off my list, thank you.

The 'addict' part is simply the BE description I was referring to, complimentary of course! I'm described as a 'forum regular', for example.

Appreciate your input, as always. I'm hoping to complete the application in the next few days, so I'll be posting some more last checks :-)

Cheers, MP.
Old May 22nd 2017, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

The ECO wanted an inspection report in any case so we provided one.

Did not provide anything to show employment prospects

Applied from Saudi Arabia
Many thanks.
Congratulations, and good luck with your new future.

Cheers, MP
Old Oct 12th 2017, 10:13 am
Just Joined

ash25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nandidk
I think sponsor-er to fill Form SU07/12 - SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING.
You have enough funds in your account. I am British citizen and my wife is from India. When I applied for my wife settlement VISA, I have shown only £1200/- for continuous period of 7 months and my salary statement for 8 months with bank statement. Tenancy agreement, no objection letter from landlord and some sort of bill (electricity, water etc.).
We applied for VISA in November 2nd week of 2016 and we got approved VISA on 24th Dec. 2016.
They have given only one month validity on settlement VISA and we have to go and collect some sort of card from post office here within one month time.
Let me know if you want to any other information as we have applied recently, I think we can guide you.

regards

Hello

I had a few doubts about my application. My husband is a British citizen and Im from India. My husband is working with the NHS since August 2 2017 and by the end of this month it will be 3 months. So we will have 3 months payslips from the Nhs with a fixed salary and Employers letter. We got married in the month of July and he took off for a month. Previously he was working as a doctor doing locum jobs for an agency. So that comes under self empoyed and he was getting variable income according to the hours he worked and accodring to when he submitted his timesheets, so certain months money was coming as a bulk. Because of that he is missing out on 2 months payslips( but he got paid , just that it came all together in the next mont)Will that be a problem? Will they need 18600 pounds savings to be required in the bank account. or do they just add up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.